PDA

View Full Version : Pro Star Bow/Window Vent Hose Routing

mattb
03-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I up in my bow today and noticed one of my hoses is torn, but when looking at how the hosing would have been ran when connected the routing just doesn't make sense to me (yeah I know...this sounds dumb...).

There are two hoses that come down from the bow/window vent on a 1995 Prostar 190. When following the hoses down, they literally just loop around. Basically, forming a sloppy U-shape. I can't figure out what purpose this would serve at all, so something has to be wrong here.

What's the correct routing for these hoses?

mattb
03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Anyone with a 95-87 closed bow pro star that can take a look real quick for me?

CantRepeat
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Mattb,

Welcome to TT. I'm sure someone will be along to help with that vent hose. Are you sure it's not a bilge pump hose?

You should also take a look at this post so you can get your account fix, IE no longer a guest.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45683

tph
03-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I up in my bow today and noticed one of my hoses is torn, but when looking at how the hosing would have been ran when connected the routing just doesn't make sense to me (yeah I know...this sounds dumb...).

There are two hoses that come down from the bow/window vent on a 1995 Prostar 190. When following the hoses down, they literally just loop around. Basically, forming a sloppy U-shape. I can't figure out what purpose this would serve at all, so something has to be wrong here.

What's the correct routing for these hoses?

Each hose is usually routed into the bilge. (At least on the older Prostars)

mattb
03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah I need to get my account fixed. Sometimes I'm a guest, other times I'm not.

I'm somewhat familiar with the routing on older pro stars, but these hoses on my boat simply loop around in the bow-area. It doesn't seem right so I'm trying to re-route these things to where they need to be. I'm talking about the 3"-4" hoses similarly used for blowers and heaters.

mayo93prostar
03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
they go into the bilge area to provide fresh air to the engine and for the bilge blower. Air comes in the front and goes out the back. sometimes there are two hoses and one can be pointed towards the driver area when it is real hot.

mattb
03-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I figured at least one had to go into the bilge area. I don't see any place where the hose can be pushed down in there though. I can take a picture of the current set-up later on if it will help.

pbgbottle
04-01-2012, 10:33 AM
if it just loops around from the drivers side to the passenger side .it may have been the hose for the floor heater if it had one. just a thought.

setidball
04-02-2012, 01:44 AM
I also have a 1995 PS190. The ducting is all a bit spastic IMO, but on mine, it goes like this: From the vent, one duct goes through the drive station side wall (could also just go around it) and then through the hole on the forward side of the driver’s foot rest and into the bilge. This is the same hole that the control cables and wires go through into the bilge. The hole is not big enough for two ducts. The second duct goes (went) nowhere …ventilating the storage area. I found it to just be in the way so I removed it, adding a plug and drain tube to that vent port. There are plenty of other ventilation sources... big gapping hole around the drivers feet. The heater inlet does not have a duct. It just gets air direct from the compartment. S

mattb
04-02-2012, 10:47 AM
That's exactly how I ended up routing it. I just left my port side hose laying in the bow.