PDA

View Full Version : Bad Tracking????

waveboy9813
08-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok I have a stupied question. I know all the guys that are on here are mastercraft guys but i'm going to ask it anyway. I have had a buddy of mine tell me that Mastercrafts have bad tracking. I really want get this 1999 maristar 210 vrs but i dont wann buy this boat and find out that the boat tracks like crap. I was hoping to get your opioions on the subject.

P.S. I think my friend who told me this is full of crap because hes a promo driver for correct craft. But I just wann set my worrys to rest.

Thanks
Scott

milkmania
08-11-2005, 08:41 PM
my 91 Prostar 190 tracks fine, but pulls to the right... because the rudder has been filed to pull to the right.

I don't have any problem with the way it pulls, it's just at wide open throttle NEVER let go of the steering wheel!

more importantly though, you should set aside a couple of hours for the test drive...

is the boat currently on the lake, or will it have to be towed?
Is it a boat dealer's property?

If you plan to ski behind it, then do it during test drive.
If you plan to wakeboard behind it then do it during the test drive.
If you plan to toob behind it, toobing class is two doors down the hall;)
Idle it around, run it hard, and do almost everything you would do if you owned it, during the test drive.

*edit
Also, if you find that it does not perform as you feel it should, politely thank the guy for the test drive and walk away....there's lots of boats out there... just some are harder to find than others:)

good luck, and let us know how it goes, and be sure to drop some pictures by..... we likes pictureshttp://forums.consumptionjunction.com/images/smilies/badteeth.gif

AirJunky
08-11-2005, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a lot of CC vs MC crap to me. A v-drive may not track as well as their direct drive tournament class boats but come on, it's a v-drive. Comparing apples to apples, the Maristar should track as well as any 21' v-drive out there.

waveboy9813
08-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Ya its dealership property. Hopefully they'll let me take it on a test drive. I think I should be learly if they dont. I post pictures for all you mastercraft lovers out there.

Hoosier Bob
08-12-2005, 12:40 AM
I don't know where this person is coming from but I agree w/Milkmania. MC designs the craft with the skier's interest first and foremost (performance). I would ask Leroy and other Maristar owners before I decide. The tournament boats are all set up to pull right to offset the pull of the skier. The driver will only have to correct in one direction! Much easier for the driver in a course. Maybe the other manufacturers don't expect the majority of their owners to ever see a slalom course. Any time you have resistance it is nice to know you are only correcting in one direction. Let the wheel go and she'll turn right. Like I said I don't know if this is built in to the Maristar so you probably need not worry. :twocents:
PS. MC offers instructions on how to gain neutral steering. It is very easy! I don't know what CC makes that would compare to the Maristar. No offense to CC but Model selection is not really their forte. The Maristar (I feel) is pretty much in a class by itself.

6ballsisall
08-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Sounds like a CC snob. I will admit, CC's track like tanks, you just can't budge them. However, I don't think MC is any slouch at all when it comes to tracking. If any of them are bad it's Supra's IMO. Have a buddy with a TS6M and one on the lake with a Supra Comp LTS. Even with a crappy skier like me you can tug the boat around.

Tell your CC to go pick on a real non tracking boat and give up the age old my boats better than yours

rodltg2
08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
crappy skiers are the ones who pull the boat more. slow speed 15off skiers are harder to drive than a smooth 36mph shortline skier. i doubt you be using a maristar on a course so tracking should not be an issue. you would not want to load the rudder for open water use/

G-man
08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
tracking is usally not an issue with maristars, they are not typically used in the course, they have a deeper v hull than the tournament boats which is why MC says they don't need tracking fins.

USC8791
08-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Ditto the above. Tracking isn't really an issue outside the course. Inside the course the new MC's and CC's both track extremely well. Older CC's are as loose as older MC's in the course. Tell your friend to bite you.

rick s.
08-12-2005, 04:23 PM
I have a 99 maristar 210 vrs and it tracks great. Buy the boat, it's a great boat. I have the LTR motor and I couldn't be happier with the boat.

Ok I have a stupied question. I know all the guys that are on here are mastercraft guys but i'm going to ask it anyway. I have had a buddy of mine tell me that Mastercrafts have bad tracking. I really want get this 1999 maristar 210 vrs but i dont wann buy this boat and find out that the boat tracks like crap. I was hoping to get your opioions on the subject.

P.S. I think my friend who told me this is full of crap because hes a promo driver for correct craft. But I just wann set my worrys to rest.

Thanks
Scott

Granite_33
08-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't know what CC makes that would compare to the Maristar. No offense to CC but Model selection is not really their forte. The Maristar (I feel) is pretty much in a class by itself.

You said it Bob. They make a good ski boat......but realistically don't set the world on fire when it comes to new, out of the box thinking.

My '90 Maristar Direct Drive tracked very well, had no fins. No problems even with my 210+ of heft pulling against it.
My X-9? Goes without saying :D