PDA

View Full Version : (possible) Power Tower Recall ZFT5-P

Djswin1
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
So when I go to the MC Dealership to pick up my new 2011 X15 on Saturday, my dealer tells me that there will be a recall on the Power Tower in the next few weeks and that they will probably be replacing the actuators on each side but she can't say for sure because MC wouldn't even tell her what was going to happen.

Has anyone else heard of this and if so, what?

I love the idea of the power tower but when it is actually going up and down it sounds as if there is major strain on it.

Huskie05
03-05-2012, 12:00 PM
So when I go to the MC Dealership to pick up my new 2011 X15 on Saturday, my dealer tells me that there will be a recall on the Power Tower in the next few weeks and that they will probably be replacing the actuators on each side but she can't say for sure because MC wouldn't even tell her what was going to happen.

Has anyone else heard of this and if so, what?

I love the idea of the power tower but when it is actually going up and down it sounds as if there is major strain on it.

Yes, this is true, I have heard they are doing a major recall and replacing with hydraulics. I got this info from Parker at the boat show here in Utah. He told me it was going to be a costly recall but worth it and the right thing to do. There was a strain on the actuators, I guess a pin that could not hold the weight correctly. We love our tower, but excited to get the recall going.

FourFourty
03-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I have heard that it will finally be converted to hydraulic, and that all power towers will be retro-fitted.

Although, I am not sure that is the case..... There have been rumors of that in the past, and then they let lenco redesign the actuators again... They have been testing hydraulic actuators on a couple test boats for a while (prototype Xstars). Maybe they have enough data to release the hydraulic actuators, finally....

ddanenberger
03-05-2012, 01:20 PM
when we ordered or '12 a few months ago the story was...

The 12's after April will have coner braces and hydraulics along with a price increase. All previously made '11's and remaining '12's before April will have parts changed out sometime in October or November due to parts shortages. The last try with Lenco was better, but still had issues.

All subject to change.

onewheat
03-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Funny - I just heard at the boat show last month that they would NOT be going to hydraulic. Guess they'll let us know when it happens. My 4-point tower is still malfunction free! :dance:

TheWoons
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
We ordered an X-25 that will be here the first week in April. We were told it'll have the updated corner braces and hydraulics. I hope this is true.