PDA

View Full Version : 1992 MC ProStar 205? Good board boat?

MBarnett
03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking at at a 1992 MC ProStar 205 for my first, entry-level boat. I know MC's have a great reputation, but I'm wondering what the general opinion is on this boat for wakeboarding? I've done some research and read some posts on this site that lead me to believe that it throws a good wake, but I'd like to hear from more people. I'd also like to hear any thoughts about the ability to surf behind this boat?

Its got 800 hours, appears to be clean and comes with a cover and trailer for less than 7K. Thoughts on wake and price?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any pictures of the wake it throws at boarding speed, that would be awesome, too.

Best,
Mitch

JohnE
03-04-2012, 09:16 PM
I'd buy it right now for that price. It's an early generation 205 without fuel injection. In 96 design changed slightly and board wake wasa improved a bit at expense of slalom wake, naturally.

T Scott
03-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Jump on it. That is a steal!

MBarnett
03-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah, it sounds like a deal. And you think I'll happy with the wake? I'm not an advanced boarder, but I do catch some pretty good air with a decent wake.

Thanks!

MCVOLS
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I had a '93 205, same hull as the '92. The wake at board speeds is good for beginner level into intermediate boarding, but that hull was made for slalom. Great all around boat. For the price, if it has been taken care of, you will NOT finda better all around boat. My opinion, in that year range, that is the best boat going. It wasn't until later in the '90's that MC started designing hulls for boarding.

Get an extended pylon if it doesn't have a tower.

joyner1020
03-05-2012, 09:38 AM
My 205 puts out a sweet wake and it is a 92 model . It does get better with LOTS of ballast , but with minimum sacks and a couple people it is still nice enough for some inverts and spins ..Id say go for it , great entry level boat for boarding .. 7 thousand is a steal for this model boat and if u dont like it , next year sell it for more than u paid for it ..

mikeg205
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Buy it. get a little ballast and you'll be throwing inverts before you know it... I have a 95 and I slalom but my son and friend wake board. They can throw inverted tricks all day long. My wake board pal has a 97 with the x-star hull and he claim the only difference he see's in is the shape of the wake. On my 95 the wake almost a 2 stage ramp - the 97 with the same ballast has a sharp ramp... New tricks to learn this season so we'll see... we won't be competing so its not that big a deal for us.

I run 740 pounds with 2 ballast tanks on the sides of the motor house on the '95 0 '97 runs 1100, 900 middle back and 200 up front plus riders.

Everyone has a blast, and some great air!