PDA

View Full Version : 2007 X Star Boat cover

mrhays9
03-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I am currently having my vinyl replaced. I feel that the original Mastercraft cover lead to the demise of the vinyl. Does anyone have recommendations on covers that will fit the X Star?

Ben
03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I have read good things from skiboatcovers.com. My neighbor just got a kevlar one from there that looked like a good fit, although I have not given it full inspection or talked with him about it. Still a bit chilly here.

MASTIQUE
03-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I have read good things from skiboatcovers.com. My neighbor just got a kevlar one from there that looked like a good fit, although I have not given it full inspection or talked with him about it. Still a bit chilly here.

Kevlar, wow how does that breath?? At least its bullet proof!

mrhays9
03-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I will check out skiboatcovers.com Still pretty cold here also. I had to get in yesterday to get the winterized boat on the trailer. Then I had a blow out less than 5 miles into a 175 mile. Made for along day. Just for everyone out there to know Walmart will not let you use there tools from the auto service department. I am now the proud owner of a 3 ton floor jack. Guess it will be making road trips with me.

BrooksfamX2
03-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I may be getting a cover from here.
http://www.baldmikes.com/

Email about covers:

Fits 2006-2009 MASTERCRAFT X-2 w/XTREME TOWER DOESN'T COVER PLATFORM I/O

Sharkskin Plus: $374 - Comes in 10 color choices. This is a lightweight smooth/slick fabric and is what I use on my boat.

Sharkskin Supreme: $425 - This is a new fabric, thicker version of Plus, but only comes in black, gray or blue.

Sunbrella: $593 - Comes in 12 color choices. This is a thick fabric like a bimini top or snap-on cover. It has a fabric/canvas feel to it.

This is a Westland exact-fit trailerable cover made specifically for your boat. These covers are built to order using fresh fabric, so you are NOT buying a cover that has been sitting on the shelf for the last 5-10 years. Westland builds OEM covers for many boat manufacturers, so these are the best. You choose the color. Free shipping. Free set of trailering/tie down straps. Allow 10-14 days for delivery from the time payment is received.

Rukowh
03-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I just bought a sharkskin plus made by westland. it is primo. Ive had one on my centurion for about 5 years and its holding up well. Sunbrella might be better fabric but westland makes a good cover reguardless of material. I got the one that covers the swim deck and probably would order it the other way if i had it to do over. it fits perfect but if i use it as a mooring cover its gonna be hard to cinch it up tight witout being able to stand on the swim deck. Probably overthinking it.