PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading boat lift

_fng_
03-04-2012, 03:21 AM
My girlfriend and I are purchasing a house on the river that has a boat lift that is parallel to the shoreline. It is too small for my '97 Prostar 205 (hopefully upgrading to 205v soon) and was wondering what our options were. I'm not an engineer (called a few guys but haven't heard back from any of them yet...:mad:) but would think two support beams to the overhaning roof would increase strength and allow easy adjustments to motor/lift platform. The big negative is the water is ~22' deep at the lift which would make any modifications challenging.

I really don't want to have to scrap the existing support system for a whole new structure. So I'm interested in your thoughts on the situation. Thanks!

1redTA
03-04-2012, 08:12 AM
fun, cantilever design

_fng_
03-06-2012, 12:22 AM
You don't see cantilever lifts often on these rivers, are there any issues with flooding and these designs? Thanks for your insight, anyone else?

JohnnyB
03-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Very cool design. What was on the lift before...looks very light duty.

You may want a structural engineer to look at it.

I don't see a lift cradle. You probably want to add one.

By the time you add a lift cradle, upgrade the motor, gearing and structure, you could probably buy a used hydrohoist floating lift??

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

_fng_
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Very cool design. What was on the lift before...looks very light duty.

You may want a structural engineer to look at it.

I don't see a lift cradle. You probably want to add one.

By the time you add a lift cradle, upgrade the motor, gearing and structure, you could probably buy a used hydrohoist floating lift??

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

It's a poor picture I got off a website but there is a cradle which you can make out a shallow "V" which starts at the top of the stairs. The previous owner had an OB fishing boat. I agree that someone needs to look at it close up to assess options but I've yet to hear back from the three people I've emailed (so much for hard economic times...). Thanks for help.

learjet2230
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
What river...where in Texas?

_fng_
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Guadalupe River, Seguin TX

76S&S
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
1st, congrats on the purchase!

I agree with the hydrahoist, but I haven't seen a side mount hydrahoist. It would need to be modified and I'm not sure what would be involved with that.

Just from the pic, I don't initially think that it could support a 205v without substantial modifications.