PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500 Abarth Commercial

onewheat
03-03-2012, 01:50 AM
OK, I love the commercial. The actress is Catrinel Menghia and she would look very nice in the swimsuit thread, I think.

The translation of her speech is:
What are you looking at? Uh!?
What are you looking at?! (slap)
Are you undressing me with your eyes?
Poor guy… you can’t help it?
Is your heart beating? Is your head spinning?
Do you feel lost thinking that I could be yours forever?

I don't see a Fiat ever sitting in my garage, but I will watch the commercial every time.

scott023
03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I looked at one of these this weekend. It looks liek a very well made, well thought out vehicle. A lot nicer than going with a Smart Car IMO.

MIskier
03-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I looked at one of these this weekend. It looks liek a very well made, well thought out vehicle. A lot nicer than going with a Smart Car IMO.

They are a very nice little vehicle, and do seem to be well made. The North American cars are actually built at a Chrysler plant.

DemolitionMan
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Smart Car what a joke.

rjracin240
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Drove one a couple weeks ago at the auto show in Jacksonville, pretty cool but definitely dissapointed they did not have a manual for test driving. Also think that when the Abarth comes out that will be the one to have!

cpr05xtr
03-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I got to drive the Abarth at the Houston auto show. It is a great little car i would buy one.

D3skier
03-05-2012, 01:45 PM
IMHO they are really cool little cars but think safety.... would you want to driving one of these and be in an accident with a F-250 or similar truck? I'd rather have something with more to protect you and lower gas mileage

russlars
03-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Hopefully they are more reliable now. My wife had one years ago and that thing was always breaking down. It was the worst car I have ever driven.

scott023
03-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I got to drive the Abarth at the Houston auto show. It is a great little car i would buy one.

Good to know.

onewheat
03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
IMHO they are really cool little cars but think safety.... would you want to driving one of these and be in an accident with a F-250 or similar truck? I'd rather have something with more to protect you and lower gas mileage

There are a lot of cars I would not want to be in when hit by an F-250, but then again, I don't buy and do everything based on what "might" happen or I wouldn't be out on a bike, flying, wakeboarding or much else. In the past 46 years, despite growing up without seat belts, airbags, car seats, etc - I have thus far, not been hit by an F-250 (or similar) vehicle. I wouldn't let that deter me from driving a small car. A newer (and smaller) vehicle with airbags and the latest safety requirements is much safer than a 10+ year old pickup truck in most crash situations. YMMV

shepherd
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I think you guys are missing the point of the thread. That is a fine-looking woman. Thanks Onewheat. I didn't even know what the commercial was for until the end. Then they showed the car and I laughed at the lame attempt to compare that gawd-ugly car to such a beautiful woman.

onewheat
03-06-2012, 12:15 AM
I think you guys are missing the point of the thread. That is a fine-looking woman. Thanks Onewheat. I didn't even know what the commercial was for until the end. Then they showed the car and I laughed at the lame attempt to compare that gawd-ugly car to such a beautiful woman.

I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on her or not. She is the only reason I know what the car is. I FFWD through all commercials, but watch this one every time. :love:

scott023
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Noted. Point taken. :D

shepherd
03-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Seriously, the mouse on my desk looks sexier than that lump of metal.

DemolitionMan
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM
She is Hot, MINI Coopers look better than the Fiat.

scott023
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Seriously, the mouse on my desk looks sexier than that lump of metal.

On no Shep. That thing better be functioning when you're done with it.

shepherd
03-06-2012, 02:05 PM
On no Shep. That thing better be functioning when you're done with it.

:uglyhamme I was talking about the car, not the girl.

scott023
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
:uglyhamme I was talking about the car, not the girl.

Sure sure. :D

jonboy688
03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Deff hot!!! I was wondering what she was saying to him lol

onewheat
03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Deff hot!!! I was wondering what she was saying to him lol

The rough translation of what she was saying is in the first post.

hondaprlud
03-07-2012, 01:18 AM
She is smokin' I stopped for this commercial, and I usually only stop for the Victoria secret ones.

milkmania
03-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Fiat 500 Abarth

Charlie Sheen & House Arrest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYxE2VD7VE

DemolitionMan
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I wonder if he is missing the 2 1/2 men money?

jonboy688
03-07-2012, 11:39 PM
The rough translation of what she was saying is in the first post.

Yes I got that thanks.

mikeg205
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM

there's a car in the commercial? :D

RichardG
03-27-2012, 07:41 AM
I got more interesting information about Fiat 500 Abarth here: The skinny on the Motor Trend Fiat 500 Abarth test drive (http://www.cardealexpert.com/news-information/auto-news/fiat-500-abarth-test-drive/). Fiat is banking on the tall, small hatchback sending some pulses soaring with its vintage styling and lively engine. Motor Trend took it for a test, are here's a guide of the fine points of this sexy brand new machine. According to Motor Trend, what’s truly special about the Fiat 500 Abarth in this regard is the finesse of the stability control.