PDA

View Full Version : Add tower or not!

jonnyski2
03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi, Members, I just bought a PS 190 ,01' I'm trying to decide weather I should put a mini tower with a bimini or just a bimini top . I do a lot of course skiing,but I also have 3 kids that like to wakeboard and tube. I have never had a boat with a tower . Is it worth the expense or will I regret putting a tower on a hardcore slalom boat? Will the weight of the tower make my wake bigger?

2RLAKE
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
never ... it will make it look sexy! congrats on your 190 ... you will love it. with kids, its nice to be able to get the wakeboard rope out of he way ... tower weight is not that much. I have a couple of friends with 190/197 and mini towers ... they do look good

jakethebt
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
You just opened a can of worms... you will get lots of "you bought a 190, why would you put a tower on it" comments. But the bottom line, if you need a bimini then a new dimension mini tower will look nice, give you the shade you need along with adding some more function.

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/

As for the increase wake comment, I dont know. But someone will be along soon that will.

cdstukey
03-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Opinions will vary, but I put a mini tower on my 190 and loved it. It was great for keeping skis and boards off the floor, was no more difficult to get around than the bimini top that was on it previously and the higher tow point made the back seat almost usable for very casual towing (kids etc.).
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/cdstukey/boat4.jpg

jonnyski2
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I did see the same boat forsale on ski it again with a tower .... it did look pretty good .
Thanks.

jonnyski2
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Your boat looks great cdstukey, what year is it?

jonnyski2
03-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Thats funny , I opened a can of worms the other night ,when I ask a member what casual course skiing was! This site is a lot of fun and very informative.

jonnyski2
03-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Do mind if I ask how much you paid for that tower ? who makes it and is that a considered a mini tower?

DemolitionMan
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I know the 190 and 197 look cleaner without a tower, but for convenience its hard to beat a tower.

jonnyski2
03-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Great looking boat.........
Thanks, I think I spend the money and get the tower!

2RLAKE
03-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I know the 190 and 197 look cleaner without a tower, but for convenience its hard to beat a tower.

beautiful boat

Jerseydave
03-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a mini-tower would suit your needs pretty well. They are nice for storing boards, mounting speakers, bimini, etc.

With that said, if it were me the New Dimension tower is the only one that looks right on that hull. Others just look funky, for example the monster tower.

Got any pics of your boat?

cdstukey
03-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Your boat looks great cdstukey, what year is it?

That is a 2001 with a ND mini tower, slalom rack on the drivers side, wake board rack on the observers side and a mastercraft bimini. Don't remember the whole cost but it wasn't cheap. Ordered everything direct from ND and had my local dealer do the install. It was worth every penny and then some.

ProstarMC
04-13-2013, 03:33 PM
Opinions will vary, but I put a mini tower on my 190 and loved it. It was great for keeping skis and boards off the floor, was no more difficult to get around than the bimini top that was on it previously and the higher tow point made the back seat almost usable for very casual towing (kids etc.).
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/cdstukey/boat4.jpg
That is the exact same prostar i have. The same color, tower, trailer, Besides the wheels. its an 01 right?

chriscraftmatt1976
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
My 93 190 S&S came with a tower already on it, or i never would have put one on. I actually thought about taking the mounts off the boat and covering back up with glass, but after I used it a few times, I actually like it. Mine comes off with 4 bolts, and is pretty light, so my wife and I can take it off or put it on quite easily. I've got some board racks , and it does keep the clutter out of the boat very nicely, which is handy in a boat with little room. It also has a custom made bimini which is great on super sunny days. I mostly wake skate as well, so the higher pull point is nice.

That being said, it's still off more than it's on. The boat just looks better without it in my opinion.

ahhudgins
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi, Members, I just bought a PS 190 ,01' I'm trying to decide weather I should put a mini tower with a bimini or just a bimini top . I do a lot of course skiing,but I also have 3 kids that like to wakeboard and tube. I have never had a boat with a tower . Is it worth the expense or will I regret putting a tower on a hardcore slalom boat? Will the weight of the tower make my wake bigger?

If you have 3 kids, they will eventually want to bring their friends to the lake. I installed a tower on my Prostar because with a family of 4, equipment, several friends and a dog, we could actually use the back seat when someone was behind the boat.

onejdgreen
04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Your boat, your decision. If you do get one, go with New Dimension.