PDA

View Full Version : Which X25 do you like

Diver14
03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
So I decided to make the switch from my Nautique 230 to the X25. I allready put in the order but my dealer says I have a few days to change colors if I want to and I have not decided just yet which direction I want to go. Here are the two that I have put together. I think this one looks better using the builder but the second one I have seen similar in real life and its awesome to.

http://dxuu60b0dg4oo.cloudfront.net/blue on white.png

This is the second option.

http://dxuu60b0dg4oo.cloudfront.net/blackonblue.png

and you can see a real boat that is very similar to the second option here.
http://dxuu60b0dg4oo.cloudfront.net/real.png

Also, here are the options I am going with. Any thoughts.

6.2l
surf tabs and wake plate
bow ladder
bow filler cushion (for the kids)
Midships cleats
underwater lighting
heater
chart data (I am in the inter coastal and river systems at night a lot)
Transom stereo remote
Bimini
saltwater series

I opted out of the Zero Off, I hated it on my Nautique mainly because I am in a strong current and the paddle wheel is the only thing that takes into account the current.

I ride year around and once it gets to cold to skin it I go to a dry suite so opted out of the shower. I am going to transfer my Wetsounds from my Nautiqe so no tower speakers or anything.

Should I dump anything or is anything missing that I just cant live without. Thanks all for the input.

willyt
03-01-2012, 10:18 PM
i like it. I would go with the white hull 2. options look good

Millertime
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I like the first one. What color of blue is that? Can't wait to see the real pictures!

cdstukey
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I like the first one. We use our heated seats way more than we use the heater. Heater only on the coldest days to warm up under the towel/blankets. But whatever you choose is going to be awesome.

Diver14
03-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I like the first one. What color of blue is that? Can't wait to see the real pictures!

The blue on both boats is called Mediterranean Blue. It looks completely different in person than it does on the build out page as you can tell by the real picture at the bottom.

TheWoons
03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Design looks good. Even on the MC build page the Med Blue doesn't look like the blues you posted above. I posted about our new X-25 on order with a pic from the build page. You're doing one similar to us. I almost bought that boat at TX MC last week before placing a custom order :)

Millertime
03-01-2012, 10:55 PM
That's what I was thinking when i saw the picture below. My boat is mediterranean blue. Love that color. When will it be finished?

snork
03-01-2012, 11:02 PM
first pic looks great

Cary K.
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
My vote is for the first one as well.

scott023
03-02-2012, 10:37 AM
i like it. I would go with the white hull 2. options look good

I agree. Second option is sharp.

Diver14
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
That's what I was thinking when i saw the picture below. My boat is mediterranean blue. Love that color. When will it be finished?

Luckily my dealer had a slot allready for April and i was able to change it to what I wanted. It should be here mid April.

02ProstarSammyD
03-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I like the 3rd. What part of the icw are you on? we've got a cuddy down at cb and just got a house down there. is there anywhere to actually board around there?

LaRue
03-02-2012, 11:20 AM
since you asked....#1

DemolitionMan
03-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I like the second boat.

Diver14
03-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I like the 3rd. What part of the icw are you on? we've got a cuddy down at cb and just got a house down there. is there anywhere to actually board around there?

The third is the same as the second its just the real boat instead of the machup and the third has a blue top instead of the white top. I live in Jacksonville on the St Johns but the inter coastal runs across it and we ride there a lot. Just south of Beach Blvd in Jacksonville its very protected and almost always like glass.

Diver14
03-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I agree. Second option is sharp.

Nor sure I follow. The person you quoted said the one with the white in the hull and you said you agree with them and that the second option is sharp. The second option doesn't have white in the hull.

93Prostar190
03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Number 1 for me ..... It will look better for resale and be more timeless with the white ..... You selected some great options.

scott023
03-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Nor sure I follow. The person you quoted said the one with the white in the hull and you said you agree with them and that the second option is sharp. The second option doesn't have white in the hull.

Sorry, I originally read that he liked hull 2, which I thought was the second one pictured. My bad. My vote would be for the second boat. :D

03 35th Anniversary
03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I like Option 3

mtajpa
03-02-2012, 12:21 PM
+1 on pic number 1

2RLAKE
03-02-2012, 01:03 PM
welcome to the forum .... as you will see NO ONE here has opinions so its a good thing you asked

First one

Welcome to MasterCraft ... if you can go to the factory and see your boat being built .. you will never forget it

rkhodges21
03-02-2012, 01:04 PM
The second looks pretty sweet in person, but I think 1 would look good as well. either way you cant go wrong imo

TN X-45
03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
1 for me. Have you considered a teak platform? The color platform looks good, but mine gets banged up a lot and you get the transom saver with the teak.

Diver14
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
1 for me. Have you considered a teak platform? The color platform looks good, but mine gets banged up a lot and you get the transom saver with the teak.

My wife's not a fan of the teak and neither am I. As far as the transom I will just throw on some gator skin. They make it for transoms and you cant see it. It worked great on my SAN 230.

jdl xstar
03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
My vote's for #1.

rkhodges21
03-02-2012, 05:56 PM

So the gel coat on the color platforms gets chipped bad? That sucks cuz I really like the looks of the color platforms with the teak inlay.

GoneBoatN
03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
+1 more for #1

So the gel coat on the color platforms gets chipped bad? That sucks cuz I really like the looks of the color platforms with the teak inlay.

My fiberglass, aka color, platform looks as good as day one. We will not discuss how I keep it that way.:uglyhamme. On the other hand keeping the pad glued to the surface has been an issue. MC just replaced the pad for the 3rd time. They say the new one sticks better.

TN X-45
03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I have a flake w inlay. Mine does get chipped, but I keep it at a marina dry stack. Moving it to a wetslip this year. The inlay does look sweet though......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nick911
03-03-2012, 12:34 AM
My vote for picture one by a long shot!

AZX45OD
03-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Picture one. A bit cleaner of a look.

FourFourty
03-05-2012, 08:20 AM
I like option #2......

Also- Skip the Chartplotter!! It is terrible. I had it in my '11 X25, and hated it. The accuracy is terrible, and so are the graphics.

I do a lot of navigation at night also. I purchased a Garmin GPSMap 536, and it is fantastic. Best part, is that it costs half as much as the integrated MC chartplotter, and works 10x better.

Also, for what it is worth. There is an Iphone App from Navionics that is the exact same program as MCs Chartplotter. It costs $9.99..... And it works better also.

Diver14
03-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I like option #2......

Also- Skip the Chartplotter!! It is terrible. I had it in my '11 X25, and hated it. The accuracy is terrible, and so are the graphics.

I do a lot of navigation at night also. I purchased a Garmin GPSMap 536, and it is fantastic. Best part, is that it costs half as much as the integrated MC chartplotter, and works 10x better.

Also, for what it is worth. There is an Iphone App from Navionics that is the exact same program as MCs Chartplotter. It costs $9.99..... And it works better also.

Where did you mount the Garmin. Do you have any pictures of it with it mounted.

FourFourty
03-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I mounted it inside the glove box, and I angled it twards the helm. I could see it fairly well, and it wasnt in the way. That being said, the '12s have a different glove box, And I have not tryed to install it in my '12 X25 yet.

I know one thing- Even if I cant mount the Chartplotter in my glovebox, I will not use the MC chartplotter ever again. I have used it in two different boats, and I can't express how bad it was....

There are probably smaller chartplotters out there that are also good. I think there are 5" screen chartplotters that you can mount on the inside of the windsheild when you need it, and store it away, when you dont...

Diver14
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Chart Plotter cancelled and went with color selection #1. The nautique chart plotter was crap to but it worked. It does make sense though to just buy a Garmin. The maps are much better and more detailed. The scale on them is also much better now that I think about it. Should get the delivery date today. I am a little worried though. My Nautique 230 will be gone in a week or so and I will be left without a boat. I'm going to go out of my mind not being able to ride for 6 weeks.