PDA

View Full Version : The Vengeance has arrived!!! Pics inside.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-11-2005, 02:05 PM
The Vengeance is here! I hope to try it out tonite weather permitting.

I will let you all know how it goes after I have skied on it.
I hope it rocks!!!!

As requested, here are the pics of it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Vengeance1.jpg

erkoehler
08-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Looks good, hope the weather is good for you....

pic #2
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Vengeance2.jpg

pic #3
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Vengeance3.jpg

08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
pic4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/vengeance4.jpg

ski_king
08-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Quick, add a Team MasterCraft sticker to it!

Nice.

08-11-2005, 02:19 PM
last one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/vengeance5.jpg

08-11-2005, 02:20 PM
ya know,

I think I have a Team Mastercraft sticker at home......

Hmmmm......

:cool:

Ric
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
man it looks good!
Go rip it up
I didnt realize it was not the green style like mine
very cool!

08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
so whats with the backwards "N' in the Vengeance? does yours have that too Ric? and do you have pics of your green version? I would like to see it.

You like the looks of it Ric? Not that appearance should matter at all in the selection of a waterski, but I havent totally warmed up to the graphics on this beast yet. Its kinda radical, a bit busy. Its certainly not ugly by any means. I like the black, red, white concept, it really jives well with the animal bindings, nice match!! I am starting to warm up to it the more I look at it. It sure looks built well, like a tank. Quality for sure. :)

The UMP

MarkP
08-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Nnnnnnnnnnice ride! Did you try it on yet??

08-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Nope, Im at work. I might look a little funny sitting infront of customers on the show room floor with a can a shave gel modeling my new slalom ski. :rolleyes: I am dying to try it on though, maybe at lunch....

ski_king
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Remember to take tools and instructions on adjusting it when you go out.

Ric
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
so whats with the backwards "N' in the Vengeance? does yours have that too Ric? and do you have pics of your green version? I would like to see it.

You like the looks of it Ric? Not that appearance should matter at all in the selection of a waterski, but I havent totally warmed up to the graphics on this beast yet. Its kinda radical, a bit busy. Its certainly not ugly by any means. I like the black, red, white concept, it really jives well with the animal bindings, nice match!! I am starting to warm up to it the more I look at it. It sure looks built well, like a tank. Quality for sure. :)

The UMP
here are a couple of rough pics
I never noticed the backward N
It aint like a golf club which they say you don't want an ugly one
I never look at my ski when in the water so even though I thought the green was retro, it doesnt matter to me much
I like your graphics fine
mine has an MC drip mold decal on the underside near the tip

Ric
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
a bit of the underside graphics & MC pride

08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
we will do powerslot82, I wont forget tools :) In fact, they are in the boat already.

Ric, cool ski man!! both of em are cool! I love the flames graphics.

What length are yours?? mine is a 67" thats what Darren Wiley recommended for me with my weight. He said this ski is a bit wider than most, so that needed to be considered. I am 185-190 lbs, I thought I would need a 69" ski, but he insisted on the 67" for a Vengeance. Hey, he knows more about skis than me, so I went with his expereince and knowledge.

My ski is growing on me too.
Yes, the N is backwards on it, in both places. the last time I saw that was on George Lynch's "Sacred Groove" CD where the font was the same, and the R's were all reversed on the CD graphics.

Ric
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
flames were 03, tribal 04 & backward N's for 05
new fin box for 04
green '04 one is a 69 as I'm 6'1" 225
flamed '03 one I think is a 68 and is probably too big for one of my musclehead ski partners that's all of 5'10"(it could probably stand to be shorter for him I don't know)

-
the green one was sent to me n/c from HO because I had a flamed one which developed a crack lengthwise in the bottom that worried me, sun n ski returned it to HO and HO replaced it with a green one since they had no more flamed models in stock

DooSPX
08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
I to have a 05 67" Vengence. I have the venoms. I may upgrade to the animals, but I have skied standard HW's for many years, and never bothered my feet. I feel fine in my Venoms as well. So, dont really think the superfeet will matter to be much. we will see though.
here are some pics of mine. (not meaning to jack your thread UMP)

08-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey there Doo, no worries man, your not threadjacking me. :toast:
If you dont mind me asking, since you ski a 67" Vengeance, what is your weight? and skiing style.

THe animals are what really coaxed me into this ski. That foot specific superfeet thing really intrigued me. I like my Contacts on the Obrein. but there is too much buzz about HO skis, and I have never rode one. plus the animals were something I wanted. I considered all, Obrien(again) KD, Connelly, and HO. I hear too many good things about HO and I feel I was missing out on some great skis. had to to try one.

I plan to ski it tonite, if the weather gods are good to me. :D

MarkP
08-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Hey there Doo, no worries man, your not threadjacking me. :toast:
If you dont mind me asking, since you ski a 67" Vengeance, what is your weight? and skiing style.

THe animals are what really coaxed me into this ski. That foot specific superfeet thing really intrigued me. I like my Contacts on the Obrein. but there is too much buzz about HO skis, and I have never rode one. plus the animals were something I wanted. I considered all, Obrien(again) KD, Connelly, and HO. I hear too many good things about HO and I feel I was missing out on some great skis. had to to try one.

I plan to ski it tonite, if the weather gods are good to me. :D
I to have a 05 67" Vengence. I have the venoms. I may upgrade to the animals, but I have skied standard HW's for many years, and never bothered my feet. I feel fine in my Venoms as well. So, dont really think the superfeet will matter to be much. we will see though.
here are some pics of mine. (not meaning to jack your thread UMP)Nice, Both of you.. But how about some shots of that stuff in the water;)

DooSPX
08-11-2005, 07:17 PM
UMP, I am 5'9" about 175lbs and both HO and Performance Ski said that is the best fit.
the 67 has a wide range on weight.
I freeski (99% of the time) hard. love to push it.

Ric
08-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Nice, Both of you.. But how about some shots of that stuff in the water;)
ya like this

Ric
08-11-2005, 07:35 PM
ya like this

or this.........
I know it is pathetic body position and one helluva hook but the karate-chop spray was so cool that I had to post it

DooSPX
08-11-2005, 07:59 PM
nice shots Ric!! Looks great.
what size is that?

MarkP
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
ya like this

or this.........
I know it is pathetic body position and one helluva hook but the karate-chop spray was so cool that I had to post itYep!

See guys, like that:worthy:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Maybe the backwards "N" is the like the backwards "R" in Toys R US. Means nothing... but trying to be different.

Ric
08-12-2005, 01:42 AM
nice shots Ric!! Looks great.
what size is that?
thanks it's a 69
ump did you ski it today???

08-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Yes, I did ski it Ric. It probably wasnt the best day to try it. I really skied like crap on wednesday evening, and I was a bit sore. I was bound and determined to ski on that new ski last nite. I hate to form an opinion on it at this point because I really wasnt on my game the last two nights. overall it didnt go great, but I dont think its the ski. Actually I started to ski more aggresively last sunday and the problems started then. I struggled alot with my offside turn. Keep in mind, I have only been skiing with double boots for about 2 weeks now. Its enabling me to push the ski harder, but I think I have to learn HOW to push it harder. I am have a new set of tools so to speak, but I need to learn to use them. I am using new muscles, or pushing them harder than before so I am going through a big change that way. So I am expereincing some growing pains, literaly and figuratively. My techinique wasnt doing well on my Siege wednesday or last nite on the Vengeance. I wasnt in command of the ski, I was letting it manipulate me. On the few moments I was in control, it felt good. I am going to sound like a whiney excuse making fool here, but my head wasnt really in the game. I have had alot going on in my work and personal life thats been on my mind and I was hoping a good night on the lake would help me forget about it. I dont want to make excuses, I realize the problem is me, not my skis. I was struggling alot on the skis. My friends, family, and girlfriend all say I have too much stressing me out and I need to lay off a bit and cut myself some slack. I have been trying to advance too far, too fast. I have made so much progress this summer, but its like a drug, I get a little, and I want MORE. I want to be an awesome skier. I just have to re adjust my pace a bit I guess. I dont think I was in a good mental, or physical state to properly test that new ski last night.

anyway, back to the new ski....

I did have a few good cuts with it. but plenty of not so good ones too. The good cuts felt good, and smooth. I wiped out about 7 times. went up 9 times. I looked at it on video, It looked better than it felt on the ski. I got fatigued very early after 3 hard wipeouts. Once I got tired, my skiing really went downhill. I may have to just get accustomed to that ski. It skis different than my Siege. From what I can tell, you have to push it to get it to ski correctly. Its not a "lazy man's ski". I got a feeling there is going to be a definite learning curve with this ski. It skis differently than my seige. I have to get out on it and try again. The Animal bindings are comfy on the feet bottoms. the top of my lead foot ached a bit at first. They are easy to get feet in the ski, but difficult to get the feet out though. Maybe I need to rig up a spray bottle with soapy water to get the feet out.....?

So, my knee is sore, my back is sore, my shoulder is sore. and my hands are killing me. I have one nasty raw spot that used to be a blister. I got it sunday, let it heal till wednesday, then ripped it open and made it bigger wednesday evening while skiing, and aggrivated the hell out of it last nite again. Its really sore. my hands are very sore where the handle sits, right at the base of my fingers and into the palm about and inch and a half. I am going to have to let my hands get tough with how I am skiing harder. Its really ripping the hell out of my hands. Even thought I only have 1 blister, they still hurt alot. I have been trying to find a way to let that blister heal, but Maybe the only way is to stop skiing and let it heal. :(

I am certainly not giving up on that Vengeance. I really want it to work. From the research I did here, talking to HO, talking to WIleys, I really feel that its the right ski for me. I think I need to take 2 steps back. I dont know.... I dont think I can ski effectively when my muscles arent up to par.

What you people think?? :confused:

I guess I was just hyped up about my new ski and was really looking forward to a great ski with it....and it didnt work out that way. You know how it goes, you got a new toy and you want it to work for you. Sorry if I am belly aching here. If I am, just give me a virtual slap. Maybe I need a trip to the head doctor instead of the back,feet, hand, knee, and shoulder doctor.... :purplaugh We have good days, and bad days, this was a few bad days. I am going to hang in there. Do I take a few days off or keep on pounding myself? whats the best avenue? and I am going to ski school in about a week, so maybe I will be able to work some of these issues out when I get with an instructor.

UMP

DooSPX
08-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I noticed that too. it takes a bit from the older ski's I was on. I am not giving up.

Ric
08-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I can damn sure say that there are good days and bad days.
days when it all fits and days when you show up with a funny feeling that says something's not right.
If you have been hitting it hard, there's nothing better than a break from it
You'll jump in next week and it will feel right again, besides, it'll give your hands time to heal!
you have a good ski
double check the fin settings to the HO site and or email matt rini with your specifics
they can and do help

ski_king
08-12-2005, 04:09 PM
UMP, where are you going to ski school?

A good instructor can watch you ski, then tell you how to adjust the ski to work better for you. Also tell you how to adjust to make the ski work better.

08-12-2005, 06:31 PM
powerslot, the school is in Eagle River, WI.

Yes, I could probably use a good day or two rest. I know my hands need it. they are toast. that blister is bad too. I need to let that heal so I will be as good a shape as I can be for a day at ski school. Cuz I know I will end up beating the hell out of myself there with a full day skiing hard.

I am looking forward to it. I hope the instructor can give me some good tips and get me to the next level.
I feel like I am able to get more aggresive out there, but my body isnt capable of cashing the checks that my brain is writing. When I cut hard out of my turn to accelerate thru the wake, I either wipeout, or the rope gets ripped out of my hands cuz the force is just too much. Maybe I need to do some weight training to gain some strength. Maybe its bad technique. these are things that an expereinced skier or instructor can help me with, I hope.

anyway, I have to say I am a bit bummed. I was really hyped about getting the new ski and wanted it to impress the hell out of me right out of the box. Like I said, I have had a bad week at work, and have had some stressful personal issues too that have really been on my mind. I also did some reading on ski technique that I took info with me on the water wednesday night. I dont think I was skiing naturally at all. I was so rigid and mechanical trying to employ all those new ideas. I think I bit off more than I could chew. I needed to just relax and clear my head. forget about improving, take the pressure off. Just start skiing good and then throw in a new technique or two slowly. I dont know....I think it was and is a combination of bad circumstances.

Lets see what ski school brings......

MarkP
08-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I dont think I was skiing naturally at all. I needed to just relax and clear my head. forget about improving, take the pressure off. Just start skiing good and then throw in a new technique or two slowly. I dont know....I think it was and is a combination of bad circumstances.

Lets see what ski school brings......

Feeeeeeeeel the ski…………..

………………Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the ski…………..

……………………………….........All else will disappear …………………..

08-12-2005, 07:27 PM
chevy chase-"Be the ball Danny.......nannanananana....babababababa......nan ananananana....babababa...."

sound familiar Mark? ;)

Dont mean to be a smartaleck. that just popped in my head.

I think I get the vibes your sending Mark. I gotta clear my head and focus and "connect" with the SKI. SOunds like a good idea. I will BEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE SKI. FEEEEEEEEEEEL the Ski.

Maybe I need to have a meditation moment before I get in teh water. My ski buds already tease me because I stretch before I ski. they are really gonna harass me for meditation or yoga before I ski. :rolleyes: But hey! I own the boat, AND buy the gas! so tough $@(*$ for them!

I always thought my buddy was meditating in the water while we were getting ready and taking up the rope slack for takeoff, but he was just peeing..... He had that "Ruprecht" Steve Martin look on his face like in Dirty rotten scoundrals. :o

Ric
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Ump, how is your vengeance skiing? Here is me, taking out my vengeance yesterday!

jmyers
06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Ump, how is your vengeance skiing? Here is me, taking out my vengeance yesterday!
Nice shot Ric! I see UMP has animals on his Vengence, what bindings do you have? I have the Venom's on mine and still am debating on which one!

Ric
06-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks mine are vengeance and I'm not a bindings freak
I have never tried animals or others so I figure if I dont know what I'm missing I am fine

the front venom is XL which fits nice but the pivot is a XXL because when I went to a rear boot from a rear toe plate, I wanted to be roomy.. I can feel my foot move from time to time back there but havent wanted to drop 150 on a new boot particularly.

06-05-2006, 06:27 PM

Awesome pic Ric!!!! :headbang:

Ric and Jmeyers,

We must be the "Vengeance club" here!

OK. I started the season on my 69" Triumph and it was nice. I really enjoyed it, and it made early season deep water starts easier. I got my strength back from off season a bit, then switched to my 67" Vengeance. I have to say I really love that ski! :woohoo: Its nice. I feel a helluva lot more in control of my Vengeance than the Triumph. I can travel a bit faster on it more effectivly too. I really feel good on it, and since I got my cobwebs out, I am really skiing well on it. So I wanted to try a fin adjustment. took some tail and tip away, it turns alot quicker and I friggin love it!! I still feel stable on it, but it jams in the turns! :headbang: I am totally into it! I may tweak a bit more on that fin in very small increments to see how far I can push it.....

How bout you boys? talk to me? You runnin 65-67- or 69 inch length?

Interesting we all use different binding setups. I really like my animals.

Talk to me goose, or gooses, or geese. :D

06-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Feeeeeeeeel the ski…………..

………………Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the ski…………..

……………………………….........All else will disappear …………………..

BTW, this is how I feel on the ski now Mark...... :D Thanks!

Ric
06-05-2006, 06:35 PM
oh ya, that was number six at 28off 34mph

now for the real story...... it's a 69 and I have not done any fin tweaking

Awesome pic Ric!!!! :headbang:

Ric and Jmeyers,

OK. I started the season on my 69" Triumph and it was nice. I really enjoyed it, and it made early season deep water starts easier. I got my strength back from off season a bit, then switched to my 67" Vengeance. I have to say I really love that ski! :woohoo: Its nice. I feel a helluva lot more in control of my Vengeance than the Triumph. I can travel a bit faster on it more effectivly too. I really feel good on it, and since I got my cobwebs out, I am really skiing well on it. So I wanted to try a fin adjustment. took some tail and tip away, it turns alot quicker and I friggin love it!! I still feel stable on it, but it jams in the turns! :headbang: I am totally into it! I may tweak a bit more on that fin in very small increments to see how far I can push it.....

jmyers
06-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Awesome pic Ric!!!!

Ric and Jmeyers,

I belive it is a 65. And no fin tweaking! It could be because I HAVEN'T SKIIED IT YET!!!! :mad: Brand new ski for a month and no chance to ski it yet!~ I went up this weekend and took the ski to take a run behind a buddies boat and the water was too rough to even go!

#47of100TeamMC
06-06-2006, 09:28 AM
So I've got the Green Vengeance... but I thought mine was a 2005, I bought it spring of 2005. But if the Black is a 2005 mine must be a 2004?

Mine is a 67" and I have the Phantom boots on it... Love the ski! Just wish I knew more about fin setup...

06-06-2006, 10:37 AM
The Green Vengeance is a 2004. THe black/red/white one like I have in my pics here are 2005 models, the last year they built it. THe Nitro is replacing it this year. (The Nitro is a wide version of the System 8)

I got out on my Vengeance last nite and I TORE IT UP!!! I adjusted my fin a bit to turn faster last week and that ski burns! I got my cobwebs out, got a little strength back, and I am really jammin out there. I was a little gingerly at the beginning of the season. I skied the Triumph and it was great for early season skiing. easier to get up on etc.. and then I switched back to the Vengeance. I was back up to 34 mph, and I feel really good there. It feels like the faster I go, the more stable I am on the ski, but I can still control it. I was at 35 last season. ANyway, I am totally stoked on the ski. I have been gassing for a new ride this year, and I have NO idea why..... that Vengeance can propel me farther ahead in skill level just fine. I am just overthinking this whole ski thing. I just keep thinking, "what could I do on a high end ski?"....... I gotta learn to quit thinking and start skiing. I got that Vengeance in early August of last year so I havent even been on it for an entire season yet... :rolleyes: I feel I am really getting in tune with that ski, so I think I just need to ski!!! Plus, I have that 04 Obrien siege that I can ride for fun too.... :)

MarkP
06-06-2006, 10:55 AM
The Green Vengeance is a 2004. THe black/red/white one like I have in my pics here are 2005 models, the last year they built it. THe Nitro is replacing it this year. (The Nitro is a wide version of the System 8)

I got out on my Vengeance last nite and I TORE IT UP!!! I adjusted my fin a bit to turn faster last week and that ski burns! I got my cobwebs out, got a little strength back, and I am really jammin out there. I was a little gingerly at the beginning of the season. I skied the Triumph and it was great for early season skiing. easier to get up on etc.. and then I switched back to the Vengeance. I was back up to 34 mph, and I feel really good there. It feels like the faster I go, the more stable I am on the ski, but I can still control it. I was at 35 last season. ANyway, I am totally stoked on the ski. I have been gassing for a new ride this year, and I have NO idea why..... that Vengeance can propel me farther ahead in skill level just fine. I am just overthinking this whole ski thing. I just keep thinking, "what could I do on a high end ski?"....... I gotta learn to quit thinking and start skiing. I got that Vengeance in early August of last year so I havent even been on it for an entire season yet... :rolleyes: I feel I am really getting in tune with that ski, so I think I just need to ski!!! Plus, I have that 04 Obrien siege that I can ride for fun too.... :)
So, what size monza are you going for? I know the one I have is too small for you but I can keep an eye out..

06-06-2006, 11:56 AM
So, what size monza are you going for? I know the one I have is too small for you but I can keep an eye out..

I think I am gonna pass on the Monza Mark. I really think its beyond my level. I did alot of research on this and I think if I was going to make a purchase at this particular time, it would be a System 8. I think it would be better suited for what I do. But I think this Vengeance will take me along way as far as my skill level goes. I am only free skiing at 15 off. So maybe I should start by getting very profiecient on this ski, and maybe go to 22 off and get good there. then maybe if I can get that good it would be time to look at new rides.....I think I am just gonna SKI and quit thinking for now. :)

MarkP
06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I think...I think I am just gonna SKI and quit thinking for now. :)
You better think about that a little..

zepdog
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I have a 2002 i picked up online in 2003 for $199 new and some animal bindings for $40 each.I ski the course at 28 off and open water at 35 off @36 mph. I love this ski and i love the graphics on the new models even more.

06-06-2006, 03:34 PM
You better think about that a little..

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme Maybe I am over thinking that.....:toast:

06-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I have a 2002 i picked up online in 2003 for $199 new and some animal bindings for $40 each.I ski the course at 28 off and open water at 35 off @36 mph. I love this ski and i love the graphics on the new models even more.
Zep, your testimony and that picture is PROOF positive that I do NOT need another ski! I can ski this one FAR into my career if your performing like THAT on it!!!! :woohoo:

Awesome pic, and great skiing!!!!! :headbang:

east tx skier
06-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Zep is only utilizing about 1/32 of that skis surface area. ;)

UMP, I'm proud. Even though I never heard from you yesterday, you reached the decision I'd have suggested. Kudos!

/edit. Haha, just found a less flattering picture of me not utilizing the ski's surface area.

06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Eastie, thanks! I just think its the right call for me now. That picture of Zep really hits home. I mean thats some serious skiing! if that is what that ski can do, its obvious I just need to keep skiing and working to get there. If a stupid cheap deal were to befall me on a high end slalom, I would probably jump at it. :) but I am not gonna run out and grab one just to have one.

I will still call you soon, and we can shoot the breeze about skis, etc... :wavey: :)

06-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, I skied the Vengeance again last evening and it rocked again. I tweaked the fin a bit more and that ski is hooking up something fierce in the corners. I have never skied that well. I am smooth and stable in the corners, but fast! Very enjoyable to ski on. just an excellent feel. I really am getting in tune with that ski.

Eastie, thanks for the phone chat yesterday :wavey: I appreciate your PMs & emails and help with this ski thing. It helps to have people like you and MYMC to listen to my ramblings about skis. I tend to over think things alot of the time. I do the same with music, anything really. The results are usually always good, it just takes me a while to figure things out. Anyway, thanks Mike and Doug. :)

So we got Ric, Doo, Zep and myself on the Vengeance....any others currently ride the Vengeance??? if so, give us a yell!! I am curious how many people ride this ski. Lets hear from ya!!!

06-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Doo, and anyone else with a Vengeance. Here is the way my fin is set now. The ski really turns and burns now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Vengeancefin3.jpg

east tx skier
06-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I just broke my monitory trying to get my caliper around the fin. 8p

Ric
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Doo, and anyone else with a Vengeance. Here is the way my fin is set now. The ski really turns and burns now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/guitarzan1972/Vengeancefin3.jpg

this may be a bit too technical for us ump

06-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Alright you jokers settle down! 8p :uglyhamme

Want me to fax the picture to you? that way you can get the calipers around the paper ;)

Ric, how you got yours setup?

Doo, any luck yet?? hows your ski tuning?

Eastie, fix your monitor yet?

:D

Ric
06-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I got mine setup just like that ump ;)

No wing on mine though...
Alright you jokers settle down! 8p

Want me to fax the picture to you? that way you can get the calipers around the paper
Ric, how you got yours setup?

Doo, any luck yet?? hows your ski tuning?

Eastie, fix your monitor yet?

06-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I got mine setup just like that ump ;)

No wing on mine though...
really, Dont you over ski the boat without the wing on??

rodltg2
06-12-2006, 04:40 PM
you should try taking your wing off ump...

Ric
06-12-2006, 04:42 PM
not that I know of
a ski school pro told me to remove the wing and I did
I found that it's a bit faster without the wing but I have no problem being too wide at 15off :rolleyes:

I found that you can push the tail around the turns a bit more without the wing and the ski has much more side to side movement on pullout without the wing.
"They" say you dont need the wing until you get into shortline

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I took mine off and picked up an extra ball immediately. I need speed. Slowing down is the easy part at my level.

jmyers
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Mine still hasen't hit the water! :( Soon!

Ric
06-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I took mine off and picked up an extra ball immediately. I need speed. Slowing down is the easy part at my level.
you skiid a 197 and picked up an extra ball immediately

06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
WOW, I guess I thought I needed it even at my level. I ski 15 off, just free skiing. Maybe I should try to at least crank it down a bit to speed it up. or remove it entirely..... Thanks guys. I always thought it should be one there. I didnt know that it didnt come into play until you ran shortline skiing. :confused: Hmmmm......

Ric
06-12-2006, 05:14 PM
WOW, I guess I thought I needed it even at my level. I ski 15 off, just free skiing. Maybe I should try to at least crank it down a bit to speed it up. or remove it entirely..... Thanks guys. I always thought it should be one there. I didnt know that it didnt come into play until you ran shortline skiing. :confused: Hmmmm......
take it off ump

mark it with a pencil and put it back on if you hate it

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 05:32 PM
you skiid a 197 and picked up an extra ball immediately

That was in addition to what I'd already picked up from taking the wing off. And if it seemed immediate to you, I'm thankful you weren't watching my first 5 passes. ;)

06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
take it off ump

mark it with a pencil and put it back on if you hate it
Alright Ric, I will give it a spin and see how it goes! :wavey:

Thanks! :D

Ric
06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
That was in addition to what I'd already picked up from taking the wing off. And if it seemed immediate to you, I'm thankful you weren't watching my first 5 passes. ;)
you had horrible conditions
what the hell, I call a personal best achieved inside of the first day behind the 197 pretty immediate

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Indeed it was. Not trying to diminish the results. Just distinguishing that moment of improvement from the moment of improvement that followed my removal of the wing.

Ric
06-12-2006, 06:09 PM
no comment on my easty-gator avatar?

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I commented on it in another thread over the weekend. Didn't want to be redundant for fear that Gene would accuse me of post-'ho'in'. I like it!

Ric
06-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I miss gene

look at that, I just added to my post count... no doubt giving me an edge of intelligence and skiing ability over you crumbs with lesser post counts!! bwuahhhhahhahahah

rodltg2
06-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Indeed it was. Not trying to diminish the results. Just distinguishing that moment of improvement from the moment of improvement that followed my removal of the wing.

so your saying that rics boat sucks??

Ric
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
so your saying that rics boat sucks??
watch out I will write MC and have yourass banned 8p

06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Thats right Rod! you better learn to play nice on my Vengeance thread or I will Get Dr. Hoosier on ya azz!!! :D

rodltg2
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
i didtn say it, eastie did...he pm'd me and told me all about it.. :D

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I still recall a phone conversation with my father-in-law on my way home from Lago Ric.

Him: So how was the 197?

Me: It's almost too nice to be a boat.

06-12-2006, 09:49 PM
i didtn say it, eastie did...he pm'd me and told me all about it.. :D
come on now officier poncharello, dont be fibbin us here.

alright enough of that!

Lets talk about HO Vengeance skis! :) :headbang: that IS what this thread is about!

rodltg2
06-12-2006, 09:52 PM
i know nothing about ho vengeance skis.. however i do know that you should take that wing off...

06-12-2006, 09:54 PM
i know nothing about ho vengeance skis.. however i do know that you should take that wing off...
OK, Ric advised that also, there must be something to it. Whats the advantages??

MarkP
06-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Now that your on a good ski, one would think slowing down would be THE issue..

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon3.gif,Unless, your still having "chicken switch" issues as well???

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Basically, the wing is to slow the ski down, the notion being that you are going really, really fast into the buoy and could use the extra drag. In my case (and in many of our cases I suspect), excessive speed is not the problem. As a result, we don't need the extra drag caused by the wing pulling the tail down into the water. At least that's what it would seem to do from looking at it.

east tx skier
06-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Now that your on a good ski, one would think slowing down would be THE issue..

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/icons/icon3.gif,Unless, your still having "chicken switch" issues as well???

Not so much for the last year or so. Now I'm thinking more about the orange balls than the wake.

MarkP
06-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Not so much for the last year or so. Now I'm thinking more about the orange balls than the wake.
I hope your not saying, they scare you too!! Dude, I feel a DFILM coming on.. Hope I can resist!

Ric
06-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Take the wing off ump

DooSPX
06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
no word yet ump. its been nasty down here cause of the TS.
i might not have a chance till july. but i will let you know.

if you take that wing off, let me know. lets here how it did !!

east tx skier
06-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I hope your not saying, they scare you too!! Dude, I feel a DFILM coming on.. Hope I can resist!

You should try. Give yourself something to do instead ... like taking your wing off. ;)

MarkP
06-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey, You know I’m just kidding with you, right???

east tx skier
06-13-2006, 11:15 AM
But of course, my friend.

MarkP
06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey, You know I’m just kidding with you, right???

Had to throw that in so I don’t get banned!

Sorry I was just being a Gene

DooSPX
06-13-2006, 11:30 AM
about the wing.... if you visit jodi fosters site, he says that the wing isnt needed till 36mph

rodltg2
06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
ump take off the wing..

you can fly with out ..

Leroy
06-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Take the wing off and wax with RainX on the bottom, you won't believe the results!

DooSPX
06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Take the wing off and wax with RainX on the bottom, you won't believe the results!

8p yeah, it will fly soo fast, that you wont know what HIT you

Ric
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Take the wing off Ump

rodltg2
06-13-2006, 04:42 PM
the only wing yu need ump is a chicken wing..

06-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Take the wing off Ump
Will do man, next time out. :D :wavey: Thanks!

Rod, I dont need wings to fly! I have a cape! 8p

rodltg2
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM
you still need the chicken wing to snack on.!

Ric
06-13-2006, 04:55 PM
For God's sake ump, wouldya just remove the wing already?

bcampbe7
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Remove the wing UMP, all the cool kids are doing it!

rodltg2
06-13-2006, 05:25 PM
why are you fighting this UMp. it will only sting for a second...

Ric
06-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Jeez ump, just remove the wing!

east tx skier
06-13-2006, 05:56 PM
If he skis too close to the sun (http://www.island-ikaria.com/culture/myth.asp) , it'll just melt off.

rodltg2
06-13-2006, 05:56 PM
im going need proof that you removed the wing.. send it to ric in the mail ...

roddydog
06-13-2006, 05:58 PM
My Dog!!! It's 5 O'Clock and the wing isn't off yet?????????????????

Don't need it unless yer a pro!

Are you a pro UMP?

06-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Gosh guys, you mean I will REALLY be cool if I take the wing off??? :eek: I actually get to be one of the cool kids now? WOW!! I wish I knew it was this easy years ago! :( I spent all those years as a geek for nothing! :mad:

east tx skier
06-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Gosh guys, you mean I will REALLY be cool if I take the wing off??? :eek: I actually get to be one of the cool kids now? WOW!! I wish I knew it was this easy years ago! :( I spent all those years as a geek for nothing! :mad:

That post has "wing" attitude. Just take it off. ;)

Ric
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
you got that wing off yet?! :mad:

Ric
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
UMP, you skiid yesterday? What is the story with the wing? You DID take the wing off didn't you?

06-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Ric, Just for you I took the wing off yesterday. Well, it didnt have any real negative effects, but I didnt notice any really positive effects either, it did seem a little faster into the turns, I dont know if thats a good thing or not.....Maybe I am a ski-tard... :o I will keep trying it to see how I adapt. I didnt have the best night last night, as I was struggling trying to learn to wakeboard and trick ski, so I spent alot of energy on that. I wasnt on my best game on the slalom, but I will keep at it. So you guys can all relax now, UMP's wing is off!!! Now wants the next issue you are gonna flog to death? want me to put the wing back on now? ;)

thanks for the advise guys! I will keep tweaking to see what I get...

We should have an "Official Fin Tweaking thread" :D

east tx skier
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
You'll notice it more when you toss some orange balls into the equation. You need to buy a portable course. :)

06-14-2006, 12:11 PM
You'll notice it more when you toss some orange balls into the equation. You need to buy a portable course. :)
I have thought about it several times Eastie, but its spendy..... and I only have me and another guy that would use it. and I heard they are a pain and time consuming to setup..... :confused:

east tx skier
06-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Once you get used to it, I'm told it can be done with two people in relatively short order. There are some used ones on www.ski-it-again.com.

Ric
06-14-2006, 12:23 PM
good for you ump
dont let a bad night of fighting a wakeboard influence your slalom change, ski it first off the dock next trip out

now we can get back to banning rodlt

bcampbe7
06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I can't believe you took the wing off. Why did you do that?!? I would put it back on!

east tx skier
06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
I think he should comprimise and just hold it in his teeth while he skis. Sort of like wearing a garter belt to the ball park. Oh, and breathe out of your eyelids like a lava lizard!

06-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Man, I love this thread! :D You know whats great? you people **** with my head the same way all my friends, my co-workers, and my parents do. :D They LOVE to do $hit like this cuz they know I over think the he11 out of things, and they love to torment me. Ita awesome! :toast: :popcorn:

Alright then! I may install a place on the top of my ski to hold the wing while skiing, maybe just physically having it on the ski somewhere will make me ski far more awesome than I would do without on and laying in my boat glovebox....

06-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Sort of like wearing a garter belt to the ball park. You go to ball games with HB too??

Ric
06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Man, I love this thread! :D You know whats great? you people **** with my head the same way all my friends, my co-workers, and my parents do. :D They LOVE to do $hit like this cuz they know I over think the he11 out of things, and they love to torment me. Ita awesome! :toast: :popcorn:

Alright then! I may install a place on the top of my ski to hold the wing while skiing, maybe just physically having it on the ski somewhere will make me ski far more awesome than I would do without on and laying in my boat glovebox....
how does that make you feel?

bcampbe7
06-14-2006, 01:14 PM
At least put half of the wing on, jeeze!

I do this to my wife too... She is borderline OCD so I go around the house and turn rugs so that they are just a bit crooked. It drives her crazy, but it sure is fun to watch. :D

06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
how does that make you feel?
Hey, your not Hoosier Bob, your not my therapist! :D YOur my technical ski advisor. Get it straight Ric! 8p know your place!

(BTW, I like the harrasment I get from everyone, its good fun :) )

06-14-2006, 01:31 PM
At least put half of the wing on, jeeze!

I do this to my wife too... She is borderline OCD so I go around the house and turn rugs so that they are just a bit crooked. It drives her crazy, but it sure is fun to watch. :D
I am OCD too, and my girlfriend sometimes has a rough time with it, but she always turns it around on me and lets me stress out. :) It can drive my parents up a wall sometimes, but they deal with it. I will sit and think about things for hours that most people will make a decision on it about 5 minutes. Eastie can proably confirm this about me with the PM's and emails I send. As can Hoosier Bob, Stevo137 and JR.

I am a professional worrier. I can worry about 5 different things at once. Its actually quite impressive and entertaining for some observers.

bcampbe7
06-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I am OCD too, and my girlfriend sometimes has a rough time with it, but she always turns it around on me and lets me stress out. :) It can drive my parents up a wall sometimes, but they deal with it. I will sit and think about things for hours that most people will make a decision on it about 5 minutes. Eastie can proably confirm this about me with the PM's and emails I send. As can Hoosier Bob, Stevo137 and JR.

I am a professional worrier. I can worry about 5 different things at once. Its actually quite impressive and entertaining for some observers.

You having an engineering degree does not surprise me then! :D

What is it, Mechanical Engineering?

06-14-2006, 01:36 PM
You having an engineering degree does not surprise me then! :D

What is it, Mechanical Engineering?
Bingo! Mechanical it is Beau. I can sit and think, and re think, and then ask a bunch of other people their ideas, then compare them with mine, then evaluate which is best, and on and on and on. I do miss using my skills in that way. I love to get a project around the house or a friend or my folks that I need to really sit and figure stuff out. its a blast!

Probably why I do so many polls here. I love to know what people think. I did that as a child alot. asked tons of questoins.

bcampbe7
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
I gotta ask...
Why are not using your degree?

alecams
06-14-2006, 02:09 PM
where did you get it? how much did it set you back?

06-14-2006, 02:22 PM
MTU, and I dont use it cuz there arent any jobs around here. Got in the car biz and never got out. It pays the bills, but its not enjoyable. would rather do something where I can ENJOY my work. I love to think! :D

bcampbe7
06-14-2006, 02:27 PM
If you want to move South, I think Huntsville, AL is the engineering capital of the US. :D

06-14-2006, 02:35 PM
I like it here too much Beau. I have all my family and friends here. my life is here, thats why I accept the job I have. the other things in life are more important to me than a job. I can make a living here, pay my bills, and have a few nice things, but be happy. :twocents:

06-14-2006, 02:35 PM
BTW, isnt this great? I just thread jacked MY OWN thread!!!! :woohoo: :headbang: :banana:

TMCNo1
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
BTW, isnt this great? I just thread jacked MY OWN thread!!!! :woohoo: :headbang: :banana:

There you go, bragging again, you may be forced to submit a GCTT speech as punishment before the Mods and ask for forgiveness!

jmyers
06-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I finally got to ski it!!!! :D I got up, I fell, and then up again!! I can tell you it skiied really nice, but I bumped from 31 to 34mph and what a difference!! I Like it :dance: Oh and then my dad got on it and kicked my A**!! :rolleyes:

06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Your talking about skiing a Vengeance Jmeyers? :confused: I skied mine again tonite. I find that they perform best when you really push them and accelerate on them. Those skis will motivate if you push them. I find I am sometimes lazy with my posture and body position, and that affects performance of the ski alot. If I am riding correctly, that ski flies! handles terrific! :dance: Talk to me more jmeyers! :popcorn:

east tx skier
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
That's what I found with the ASX and the CDX for that matter. They'll cruise or they'll fly. It's up to you. But if you want it to be on edge, you've got to set it and hold it.

06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
See, the ski will perform, but you have to make it perfrom. I bet its the same with all skis....see thats the thing, I guess we are all looking to get a ski that makes up for our lack of ability and skill and make us ski like Chris parrish :rolleyes: its human nature, get better gear to compensate for our shortcomings. I am skiing a great ski, I need to remember that! :)

east tx skier
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
It's not the same with all skis. Different skis roll onto edge and maintain edge differently, that is, with more or less input from the skier. The skis I've ridden that take less to put on edge and maintain edge tend to not ride quite so comfortably straight and flat. But if you don't care too much about riding straight and flat for too long, you won't notice.

06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
It's not the same with all skis. Different skis roll onto edge and maintain edge differently, that is, with more or less input from the skier. The skis I've ridden that take less to put on edge and maintain edge tend to not ride quite so comfortably straight and flat. But if you don't care too much about riding straight and flat for too long, you won't notice. Ah I should have remembered that :o Yea, the higher end stuff tends to hunt while going straight but turns and burns better. sorry, I forgot that....

jmyers
06-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Your talking about skiing a Vengeance Jmeyers? :confused: I skied mine again tonite. I find that they perform best when you really push them and accelerate on them. Those skis will motivate if you push them. I find I am sometimes lazy with my posture and body position, and that affects performance of the ski alot. If I am riding correctly, that ski flies! handles terrific! :dance: Talk to me more jmeyers! :popcorn:
Oh yea it is the new Vengence!!! It is like when I went from my old snow skiis to my new Rossi's I couldn't believe I waited so long to change! At first when I cut on the Vengence it surprised me because it wanted to go, and go hard! Once I got the speed down, and got iver all the anticipation from all the talk on this thread I really liked it, but by this time my arms were beat, so I couldn't stay out too long. :(

06-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Oh yea it is the new Vengence!!! It is like when I went from my old snow skiis to my new Rossi's I couldn't believe I waited so long to change! At first when I cut on the Vengence it surprised me because it wanted to go, and go hard! Once I got the speed down, and got iver all the anticipation from all the talk on this thread I really liked it, but by this time my arms were beat, so I couldn't stay out too long. :(
Thats my problem, my arms always wear out :( I could ski much longer than I do, but my arms give out. I have several good skiers tell me I run long runs and I have good stamina, but I dont think so. I would like to go more. I usually run 3 to 4 runs in an evening of skiing. If we are out on the weekend, I go 5 to 7 times per day. NOt I have other things to occupy myself with too, the saucer and the trick skis. :D I am happy your lovin that Vengeance jmeyers. thats great!!! :D Keep me posted how you like it!

east tx skier
06-21-2006, 03:37 PM

/Threadjack on.

Which Rossis? I'm on my second pair of Bandits (went shorter the second go 'round).

jmyers
06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
/Threadjack on.

Which Rossis? I'm on my second pair of Bandits (went shorter the second go 'round).
Bandit X, So I guess you like your's if you are on your second pair! :D

tex
11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
As posted before...learn to ski!

Doug G
11-05-2008, 10:45 PM
What is the current PB on that stick?

TMCNo1
11-05-2008, 10:57 PM
What is the current PB on that stick?

I bet it's Jiff Crunchy!

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Was the Vengeance in Cali or was the Monza?

11-05-2008, 11:31 PM
the useless defective monza

Sodar
11-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Then where is the official Monza thread. I want to post in that one.

georgea0731
07-23-2011, 11:28 PM
threat jacked, since it's about skis and skis set up.
I'm left foot forward. My right rear pivot was turned all the way to the left for years. I decided to put it in the middle, neutral. So far I seem to turn slightly better on my weak side which is holding me back.
Anyone found this same results? Anyone turned it all the way to the right? What were the results?
Thanks, best wishes,