I keep the boat on the Brazos River aka Secret Spot
Most every weekend and possibility once during the weekday
Post up if you're interested

snork
03-01-2012, 12:55 PM
2007 XStar

learjet2230
03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Im on the Brazos myself (buoy 88 across from Abe's landing). Not much of a wakeboarder (too old and too many nasty slalom wipeouts), but I can crew, spot, drink beer, etc. Looks like your up in the river. I go up there every once in a while for a evening cruise but try to stay out to keep the water nice for ya'll. If ya ever wanna head to Stumpy's for a beer or something give me a heads up. Cheers...Nik

Aric'sX15
03-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Im on lake granbury as well, in harbor lakes right by stumpy's. Im always looking for a crew to load up our X15! All grey with a black bullseye 4 tower speakers. usually playing obnoxiously loud music, so were hard to miss!

snork
03-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank for your input and offers but I'd have a prop, strut and scags to replace not to mention gel work getting up to Granbury, I'm south of y'all. Come down south a see why I'm located where I am

learjet2230
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
well if your replacing all that it aint for looks or performance. I can only assume that you ventured out when the lake was low and met terra firma....whats the story........as far as me I usually fly the Texas flag on my light pole, and on the 4th I fly a big flag on the ext pylon. Missed last years fourth as I had an early morning accident wakeboarding...ended up with 2 compression fractures and a lacerated diaphram. So my wakeboarding days are over. I can twist a wrench though....Aircraft Mechanic...so if ya need some extra hands lemme know. Cheers...Nik

snork
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
No, no damage, just say'n I'm really south of ya about 35 miles truly a different section of the Brazos

learjet2230
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Oh damn too many rum drinks tonight......Snork I thought you posted both of those..I hear ya...you must be down by Whitney or Waco then..

Aric...I thought you lived in Waters Edge. I could of sworn I saw your old boat in a lift in there a couple of years ago. I think you had a windsurfer or a small sailboat if I remember...again I have had ALOT of rum since then.....there might have been a concussion or two in there somewhere.

snork
03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Oh damn too many rum drinks tonight......Snork I thought you posted both of those..I hear ya...you must be down by Whitney or Waco then..

Aric...I thought you lived in Waters Edge. I could of sworn I saw your old boat in a lift in there a couple of years ago. I think you had a windsurfer or a small sailboat if I remember...again I have had ALOT of rum since then.....there might have been a concussion or two in there somewhere.

Too much Rum will give ya a concussion ;)

Aric'sX15
03-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Yeah we moved down the street. That was us! We're just down the canal from there now. Still have the sailboat!

Aric'sX15
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Thank for your input and offers but I'd have a prop, strut and scags to replace not to mention gel work getting up to Granbury, I'm south of y'all. Come down south a see why I'm located where I am

Just saying if you come up my way you have a pull. Lake is full! I don't think you'd have problems anymore getting here.

snork
03-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Just saying if you come up my way you have a pull. Lake is full! I don't think you'd have problems anymore getting here.

I will keep your offer in mind, thanks. And I'll reciprocate your offer

redraider08
05-20-2013, 06:22 PM
We have a house rented just north of the Tin Top bridge on the Brazos. Any advise from anyone on lake granburry about how safe it is to wakeboard in that area? Thanks!

TxsRiverRat
05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
We have a house rented just north of the Tin Top bridge on the Brazos. Any advise from anyone on lake granburry about how safe it is to wakeboard in that area? Thanks!

Tin Top I've been told is virtually unusable this season.

TxsRiverRat
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Snork - you go near cleburne? I think the dust bowl (chisolm) is going to be the only usable ramp this season (Kimble is close to done)...

We'll be out there this weekend - PM me.

Aric'sX15
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Looks like we're getting a lot of rain! Hopefully the lake levels will finally go up!

Aric'sX15
05-21-2013, 04:00 PM

Don't go out yet!! I'd wait until all the runoff and things have settled.

TxsRiverRat
05-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Don't go out yet!! I'd wait until all the runoff and things have settled.

Agree - will be way too much wood and debris

Looks like we're getting a lot of rain! Hopefully the lake levels will finally go up!

It's going to take more than 1 days worth of rain for levels to go up... ground has to be fully saturated before levels go up

redraider08
05-21-2013, 05:56 PM
We have our trip planned for the weekend of June 8th, so hopefully it will keep raining and all the debris will be washed away!