PDA

View Full Version : factory visit

ddanenberger
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Is anyone at the factory this week. Our new 25 went into production and would love a photo.

MASTIQUE
02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
If you post your dealer name and boat model and production# on facebook, I think they will post photos to their wall for you.

ddanenberger
02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
done we will see what happens. Anything to keep the wife happy. Not real please I bought a new one.

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 02:24 PM
well she got her response from MC...too busy to take a photo. If anyone is at the facory next week PM me. Kind of disappointed after buying a '11 X-25 and now a '12 X25. I thought I was a good customer.

duckguy
03-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Wow, thats really lame. Guess how many pictures I got of my new Sanger as it was being born...

rgardjr1
03-01-2012, 02:31 PM
well she got her response from MC...too busy to take a photo. If anyone is at the facory next week PM me. Kind of disappointed after buying a '11 X-25 and now a '12 X25. I thought I was a good customer.

Pretty hard to believe that some one doesn't have five minutes on their lunch break or smoke break to take a couple of pictures for a customer that's spending that kind of money two years in a row. Most of the people writing the checks for these new boats can remember when their first house cost less. Just really disappointing.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM

I seldom have anything negative to say about Mastercraft on their site, but that is really poor customer relations.

rkhodges21
03-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Two new boats in two years? I sure as hell would wanna make sure you were happy. Most people (ie myself) will probably never buy two new boats in their lifetime. Sorry to hear about this deal.

Kyle's_prostar205
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd say that deservs a call to John Dorton or even Parker Stair...

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
maybe I'll send a email to Matt. It's not that important to me, I have seen a boat being buit before, but my wife gets into that. especailly since I didn't consult her prior to the purchase. I have to say I was kind of shocked, I mean they have the order number, start date and colors, the guy that sweeps the floor could snap a photo without spending 2 extra minutes.

No big deal. I figured that if someone on the forum was there they could take a look, but again no big deal. Customer service today is not what is used to be.

jason95gt
03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I will be there on the 20th. What are the colors and options?

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Black, Navy and Gunmetal, but it had a March 6th complete date. I should have it on the 20th. Thanks for the offer.

rkhodges21
03-01-2012, 03:06 PM
What made you decide to get a new one if you don't mind me asking?

DooSPX
03-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I saw the reply on their page... that's pretty lame... they have time to post random stuff on their page but not snap a picture...

scott023
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Two new boats in two years? I sure as hell would wanna make sure you were happy. Most people (ie myself) will probably never buy two new boats in their lifetime. Sorry to hear about this deal.

DING DING DING.

MY thoughts exactly. No reason for them not to take the time to snap a couple of pictures.

scott023
03-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I saw the reply on their page... that's pretty lame... they have time to post random stuff on their page but not snap a picture...

Lame is right. I'd be miffed. :mad:

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
A few things:

Went with zero off instead of PP which was on the other boat. PP does not hold well when surfing unless in RPM mode.

The bimini now folds to the tower and is not a ridgid frame.

The relocation of the BIG will help with teaching our 14 year old to drive the boat. The old screen is in his field of vision. He has to stand , set on the bolster or on life jackets to see over the old screen.

The tower camera is better for '12. Not a big deal, but my wife loves photos.

The biggest item is we got what we paid for the '11. so I only had to pay for the additional features and got a new boat. When making the decision, the screen relocation and lower dash is what swayed me the most.

JJN
03-01-2012, 03:41 PM
done we will see what happens. Anything to keep the wife happy. Not real please I bought a new one.

Mine is not either. Your wife's sister is named Denise is she? - Ha :)

MIskier
03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
If you contact on of the factory sales reps they will provide you with pictures. The face book page has been nothing but a bad idea for MC. Whoever is responsible for posting and maintaining the page has been doing a crappy job.

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Yea, i'll drop Matt a email today. Maybe he can get it done.

DooSPX
03-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm with you MIskier... their page is horrible...

shepherd
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Better yet, take the wife on a romantic long weekend to Gatlinburg and stop off in Vonore to see the boat while you're there. That should impress her. ;)

bobx1
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
This is a shame about the pics....

If you are bored (like I was the other night), you can see how Tige and their dealer detailed a build of this guy's boat:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791538

I think I counted:

* 4 pics of a custom trailer sent by the dealer

* 48 pics of the build process from Tige (they apparently had time to take pics during most of the build steps)

* 26 pics of the delivery, unloading, and final product at the dealership

Maybe when Tige and their dealer take $100K from a customer, a few minutes snapping pics is included in the price. I could be wrong though.......

Sodar
03-01-2012, 04:42 PM
If you contact on of the factory sales reps they will provide you with pictures. The face book page has been nothing but a bad idea for MC. Whoever is responsible for posting and maintaining the page has been doing a crappy job.

Pretty such it is Jason heading it up. I thought he had been doing a good job with it.

I will say that a few other boat companies do better. 10-20 pictures a day of production are pretty cool.

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Better yet, take the wife on a romantic long weekend to Gatlinburg and stop off in Vonore to see the boat while you're there. That should impress her. ;)

kind of did that last year and stayed at Blackberry Farm. Cost me close to what the boat cost :)

DooSPX
03-01-2012, 05:00 PM
THAT is the way to make the customer happy! You can tell the owner of the Tige is giddy! MasterCraft, please take notes! This is how you keep return customers willing to spend 100+K year after year.

That very well could be the main reason Tige is not hurting as bad like most manufactures right now...

duckguy
03-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Mastercraft should put a few nice high res web cams around the factory. That would be pretty neat.

medicmoose
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM

They must have cashed his check already :rolleyes:

ski/hunt
03-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Sounds like they (MC) needs to be reminded that they aren't the only ones who make boats!!
A guy buying a 100k boat deserves some Da** pics!! He ought to get book full of them!! Start to finish---you can't tell me your too busy!! BS!! Maybe the guy able to put down that kind of coin is "too busy" to shop at a MC dealer!!
No NEW sales means No factory!!!
Send the guy some pics!!!

ddanenberger
03-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Guys it really isn't a big deal for me. She will see the real thing in a couple weeks.

Slinkyredfoot
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow, thats really lame. Guess how many pictures I got of my new Sanger as it was being born...

A good friend has an older Sanger and it has a great layout and I love his boat but beside all of this.

I worked the entire boat show in Indy over the last 10 days and must say the MasterCraft contingency paled in comparison to the Nautique display, not to mention from what I saw, N3 sold several boats. I strolled into both arrays as a prospective boat buyer and with all do respect to MasterCraft, was greeted and educated more in every way shape and from by the Nautique guys. If I truly wanted to spend $80K plus on a new boat I would have bought a Nautique.

This kind of thread makes me wonder sometimes.

DooSPX
03-01-2012, 08:47 PM
WOW Slinky... not good publicity on MC's part. I think John Dorton needs to focus a little more on customer relations.

DooSPX
03-01-2012, 08:49 PM
You know, I met two different gentlemen that worked for MC till 2000 or 2001, and they said they left due to "company changes"

Not sure what it meant, and I didn't push as deep down I really did not want to know being a diehard MC guy...

Slinkyredfoot
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
WOW Slinky... not good publicity on MC's part. I think John Dorton needs to focus a little more on customer relations.

Again this is just my opinion. I would probably justify any decision I made due to my loyality to the MasterCraft line, however I was swayed.

medicmoose
03-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Sounds like they (MC) needs to be reminded that they aren't the only ones who make boats!!
A guy buying a 100k boat deserves some Da** pics!! He ought to get book full of them!! Start to finish---you can't tell me your too busy!! BS!! Maybe the guy able to put down that kind of coin is "too busy" to shop at a MC dealer!!
No NEW sales means No factory!!!
Send the guy some pics!!!

You know....too much poor customer service can help them with the "too busy" part of their business!

thatsmrmastercraft
03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
A good friend has an older Sanger and it has a great layout and I love his boat but beside all of this.

I worked the entire boat show in Indy over the last 10 days and must say the MasterCraft contingency paled in comparison to the Nautique display, not to mention from what I saw, N3 sold several boats. I strolled into both arrays as a prospective boat buyer and with all do respect to MasterCraft, was greeted and educated more in every way shape and from by the Nautique guys. If I truly wanted to spend $80K plus on a new boat I would have bought a Nautique.

This kind of thread makes me wonder sometimes.

Not all MC Dealers put on a poor quality show. Midwest Mastercraft consistently outshines the competition At the Minneapolis Show - not just with the largest boat display, but with a well stocked pro-shop and a booth full of knowledgeable staff. That being said, I don't know how much input MC has on a boat show.

MIskier
03-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Not all MC Dealers put on a poor quality show. Midwest Mastercraft consistently outshines the competition At the Minneapolis Show - not just with the largest boat display, but with a well stocked pro-shop and a booth full of knowledgeable staff. That being said, I don't know how much input MC has on a boat show.

None...the shows are up to the dealers to put on, even at a show like Miami where there is a lot of executive staff around the dealer is responsible for putting on the show.

DooSPX
03-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I have never been to the Tampa Bay boat show, but if its dealers responsible, I bet you love the MasterCraft setup from BAWS! I love their CS. :D

thatsmrmastercraft
03-02-2012, 10:46 AM
None...the shows are up to the dealers to put on, even at a show like Miami where there is a lot of executive staff around the dealer is responsible for putting on the show.

Clearly not all dealers are created equal. Thanks for the clarification, hate to see deserved disgruntlement misplaced.

ddanenberger
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
just got a email from Matt... all is good he is taking photo's for her.

DemolitionMan
03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
That is good to hear.

rkhodges21
03-02-2012, 12:34 PM

I'm actually going to Gburg this weekend, and I would love to go back to the factory and take my wife to see how the boats are made and hopefully get her on one to see how it rides. If I could make this happen, I would be happy to take some pics for you, but we have a 3 month old and not sure how she would be in a factory tour lol.

ddanenberger
03-02-2012, 02:37 PM
If you go, it is a black, gunmetal, and navy flake x-25 w/ power tower. I can't image too many with that combination.

rkhodges21
03-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Ok. I will bet it looks sweet. Would you mind posting the machup pic if you have it?

bjames
03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Reading through all the post and looked at the Tige example. IMO with the number of boast MC produces and considering the amount people pay, I think MC could justify hiring a full time person that focuses on communication during production, ie taking photos and keeping in touch with the buyer or buyers rep. This can be an entry level customer service position that makes the buyer feel important and to keep them pump up and excited through out the aggrevating wait time. As mentioned further up, this kind personalized service goes a long way inmaking the customer feel #1.

MASTIQUE
03-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Especially as production moves to more of a pull system (custom personalized boat production) rather than pushing stock boats to dealers.

onewheat
03-03-2012, 03:04 AM

The Cincinnati show had a great display and representation from Cincinnati Mastercraft.

medicmoose
03-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Reading through all the post and looked at the Tige example. IMO with the number of boast MC produces and considering the amount people pay, I think MC could justify hiring a full time person that focuses on communication during production, ie taking photos and keeping in touch with the buyer or buyers rep. This can be an entry level customer service position that makes the buyer feel important and to keep them pump up and excited through out the aggrevating wait time. As mentioned further up, this kind personalized service goes a long way inmaking the customer feel #1.

What a revolutionary concept!! There seems to be very few businesses out there that would even consider this as part of their top 20 business goals :rolleyes: What a shame!

ddanenberger
03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Ok. I will bet it looks sweet. Would you mind posting the machup pic if you have it?

I'm not sure of the colors, but she picked them.

georgea0731
03-03-2012, 10:25 AM
MBz has had a factory tour with Delivery in Europe pick up for years. I believe BMW and Chevy Corvette does it too.
You would think someone could take a few photos of every boat in 2 or 3 different phases and send them to the owner. Of course, if you see something that doesn't look right then you'd have grounds to not take delivery, right?

Sodar
03-03-2012, 11:47 AM
MBz has had a factory tour with Delivery in Europe pick up for years. I believe BMW and Chevy Corvette does it too.
You would think someone could take a few photos of every boat in 2 or 3 different phases and send them to the owner. Of course, if you see something that doesn't look right then you'd have grounds to not take delivery, right?

I actually tried to arrange this for my boat back in '07. It's no secret any longer that I stepped out of territory to but my boat... Way out! Rather than ship the boat from the factory, to my dealer and then out to California, I wanted to pick it up in TN and drive it home. MasterCraft would not allow or because they want the customer to have an intimate relationship with their dealer, as if plopping down a huge amount of money with your dealer was not intimate enough. I guess it comes down to the fact that at the factory, the boats are not 100% complete. They still need to be prepped and a final check at the dealer needs to be done. I guess it's a little different than a Vette or a Porsche. Picking up at the factory is still a cool idea, though. Especially since the boat orders are being filled more on a custom build basis.

CantRepeat
03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Especially as production moves to more of a pull system (custom personalized boat production) rather than pushing stock boats to dealers.

I'm not sure if this is how it works for all dealers, but at Rambo I was led to believe they don't just get factory pushed stock boats. I was told they order their floor stock with the options they want.

MASTIQUE
03-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Your kinda right for most of the boats sold but this is changing. Dealers order what they want but it is pushed in a way since it is not based off real concrete demand, (buyer ready or buyer paid). It seems like there are more and more "real" orders based on what the customer chooses directly, not based on what the dealer wants to stock.

TheWoons
03-03-2012, 02:19 PM
This is all because dealers don't want a bunch of inventory tying up their floor plan money as boats have not sold as well over the last few years... Why pay interest on boats sitting on your lot when you can just order them in when customers are actually buying :)

Mastercraftdave
03-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Im in the same position, I wrote on there facebook wall asking to get some pictures of our X45 and they said they will see what they can do but they doubt they can get them. Then I emailed mastercraft last week and still have not even gotten a response back to my email. I feel like if were paying this much for the boat the least they can do is get me a few build pics to give me something to look forward to. If anyone knows someone I can contact please let me know. This is our first mastercraft and they dont act like they want to help us out at all.

MIskier
03-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Im in the same position, I wrote on there facebook wall asking to get some pictures of our X45 and they said they will see what they can do but they doubt they can get them. Then I emailed mastercraft last week and still have not even gotten a response back to my email. I feel like if were paying this much for the boat the least they can do is get me a few build pics to give me something to look forward to. If anyone knows someone I can contact please let me know. This is our first mastercraft and they dont act like they want to help us out at all.

Send an e-mail to Matt McDevitt.

Mastercraftdave
03-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Send an e-mail to Matt McDevitt.

Whats his email address