PDA

View Full Version : Bimini replacement questions

LaRue
02-29-2012, 11:32 AM
I am selling my current boat mounted Bimini since I am incorporating new Bimini in tower.

1. any thoughts on the best way to package Bimini for shipping?

2. I would like to remove all current mounting hardware from boat. Some of this hardware is located on windshield and some on the gunwale. Is there a filler i can buy to repair these holes?

east tx skier
02-29-2012, 12:04 PM
I would number the pieces and draw a numbered diagram. They are not hard to assemble/disassemble, but the couple of minutes this would take would really help the buyer out with reassembly. Once disassembled, it should fit in a long box.

If you have holes in the gel coat, a patch kit from Overtons would make short work of it (and by short work, I mean fairly tedious work).

LaRue
02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=east tx skier;819194]I would number the pieces and draw a numbered diagram. They are not hard to assemble/disassemble, but the couple of minutes this would take would really help the buyer out with reassembly. Once disassembled, it should fit in a long box.

i presume you are indicating that i remove the rivets?

ahhudgins
02-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I purchased my bimini from Wheeler on this board. He shipped it wrapped in bubble wrap just as it was removed from his boat (all in one piece). His was the stainless MC top so I "believe" the long pieces couldn't be broken down and put in a box. I think the shipping was rather pricey ($75-$100).

LaRue
02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I purchased my bimini from Wheeler on this board. He shipped it wrapped in bubble wrap just as it was removed from his boat (all in one piece). His was the stainless MC top so I "believe" the long pieces couldn't be broken down and put in a box. I think the shipping was rather pricey ($75-$100).

sent you a pm.