PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a swim platform

CruisinGA
02-28-2012, 09:01 AM
I have a MC fiberglass swim platform that I am selling, and I have a buyer several states away. This thing is pretty bulky and heavy, anyone ever shipped on before or have any suggestions on how to ship it?

BrooksfamX2
02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I bought an aftermarket platform some years ago (www.swimplatforms.com) and they built a wood crate for it. It was wrapped in carpet rems. It cost $300 to crate and ship it.

CruisinGA
02-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Do you remember the carrier? I assume it wasn't UPS or FEDEX?

mwg
02-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Where's it going? The reason I'm asking is I'm picking up a new truck in Atlanta and heading back to s. Louisiana ... The bed will be empty..

BrooksfamX2
02-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Do you remember the carrier? I assume it wasn't UPS or FEDEX?

UPS. Depending on weight, it costs more to ship to a residential address because they will need two people to deliver due to weight (team lift.....:o). It is cheaper to deliver to a business.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Go to http://www.uship.com/ I got a quote to ship my extra motor cover from MN to CA for $170.

CruisinGA
02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Where's it going? The reason I'm asking is I'm picking up a new truck in Atlanta and heading back to s. Louisiana ... The bed will be empty..

Going to Broken Arrow, OK 74011, unfortunately I doubt you want to make that detour.

MRMC- Just saw uship in the boat lift shipment thread, going to try that route next.

Anyone want to take a stab at the weight of a fiberglass platform off an '04 X30? The platform is at my parents house and I won't be able to weigh it conveniently until the weekend.

ttu
02-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Going to Broken Arrow, OK 74011, unfortunately I doubt you want to make that detour.

MRMC- Just saw uship in the boat lift shipment thread, going to try that route next.

Anyone want to take a stab at the weight of a fiberglass platform off an '04 X30? The platform is at my parents house and I won't be able to weigh it conveniently until the weekend.

dang, wish i could help because ba is only a couple miles from me. ship to their business will be cheaper.

CruisinGA
02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
dang, wish i could help because ba is only a couple miles from me. ship to their business will be cheaper.

Not driving to Atlanta and then back out to OK anytime soon? :D

You did remind me that I have a friend that just moved to Tulsa. I sent him an email to see if he is driving back to Atlanta anytime soon.

Fast50dad
02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a MC fiberglass swim platform that I am selling, and I have a buyer several states away. This thing is pretty bulky and heavy, anyone ever shipped on before or have any suggestions on how to ship it?

A buddy of mine works for a company the fills partially loaded trucks with little guy shipments like us. Pm me and I can forward his contact info if you'd like him to quote you. I was quoted $75 to ship a boom from TN to MN.

CruisinGA
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Thanks Fast dad.
Turns out my buddy is coming home in 2 weeks and then headed right back to Broken Arrow! Can't beat having one friend in OK who just happens to live in the same town as the buyer and is coming to my city at just the right time. :D

Fast50dad
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Glad it worked out!