PDA

View Full Version : Increase Performance???

mybobtail
02-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Hio I Have A X14 With The Indmar 350 I Was Told I Can Increase The Power By Upgrading The Computor.has Anyone Done This Or Know Where I Can Get Info On It
Thank You

JimN
02-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Hio I Have A X14 With The Indmar 350 I Was Told I Can Increase The Power By Upgrading The Computor.has Anyone Done This Or Know Where I Can Get Info On It
Thank You

You won't get a lot of performance from that and the only real way (the right way) to know what it's doing is to put the engine on a dyno before making the changes, so the effects can be measured. This includes in-cylinder temperatures and contents of the exhaust gases.

Which engine and what year?

1redTA
02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
I would give Arizona Speed and marine a call

mikeg205
02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Thank You

What kind of increased power are you looking for - better hole shot, higher WOT rpm, higher top end speed?

How much more power are you looking for and for what?

Jerseydave
02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
If it's the MCX, I think you can install a whipple supercharger.....someone on here has done that to his 2003 anniv prostar. I doubt you would notice much of a difference with just an ECM re-program...it's not like a car.

A different prop may help depending on what you are running now and what you want the boat to do.

mikeg205
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
This video is now getting a bit worn here on this site I bet... but here's the upgrade you need...not ski pylon in boat... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBc0o73CyM

mybobtail
02-25-2012, 03:34 AM
Hi
Thanks For Replies So Far .the Motor Is The Mcx 350 Ho Efi .i Was Pulling A 230lb Mate On A Training Bar Barefoot And I Reckon It Seems To Lag A Bit It Seems To Take A While To Get To Speed And Plane Out .and Sometimes When I Try To Pull Him On A Single Ski It Seems To Struggle A Bit .the Motor Seems To Be Ruuning Fine. I Will Admit I Had 5 People On The Boat Dropped Off Two.which Would Of Been About 200lbs In Total And It Seemed Better.i Know The Solution Is Dont Have So Many On The Boat But I Thought If I Could Increase Power I Would Try That.i Was Talked Out Of Getting The Bigger Motor As The Salesman Reckons They Use More Fuel For Not Much More Power.

1redTA
02-25-2012, 05:58 AM
what prop are you running?
Im thinking GM Fast Burn heads on a high torque 383 bottom end will get you closer