PDA

View Full Version : X14V can you surf behind one?

tatemjarvis@gmail.com
02-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Looking at a new X14v and love the boat, is it possible to surf behind it?

cdstukey
02-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Looking at a new X14v and love the boat, is it possible to surf behind it?

Yep, but it takes a little work. Check this thread, my video shows stock ballast wake, burbeys shows with additional ballast.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=32937&page=7

But if you only want to surf there are probably better choices.

jason95gt
02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes you can! The biggest thing on that boat that affects the surfing is the platform so we drilled another hole in the bracket while the platform is pushed upwards and then pin it that way.

mramerman@gmail.com
02-22-2012, 01:27 PM
I surf my 10 x14v all the time. I load up the ski locker with extra ballast for killer wave.

mramerman@gmail.com
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Yep, but it takes a little work. Check this thread, my video shows stock ballast wake, burbeys shows with additional ballast.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=32937&page=7

But if you only want to surf there are probably better choices.

Chad, what board to y’all ride?

GT500 MC
02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes you can! The biggest thing on that boat that affects the surfing is the platform so we drilled another hole in the bracket while the platform is pushed upwards and then pin it that way.

Do you have a pic of this?

cdstukey
02-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Do you have a pic of this?

+1 for that.

Matt, rode our Inland Surfer Blue lake last season, going to try a Phase 5 Colt or Danielo this spring and see how I like it. Was already thinking of putting the extra hole in the platform bracket to tilt it up for surfing. Burbey made a whole new, smaller platform but that seems a bit excessive for me. Getting really excited to get back out on the water, c'mon May1st.

GT you going to be on Standley this year? Or am I confusing you with somebody else?

mramerman@gmail.com
02-22-2012, 04:37 PM
+1 for that.

Matt, rode our Inland Surfer Blue lake last season, going to try a Phase 5 Colt or Danielo this spring and see how I like it. Was already thinking of putting the extra hole in the platform bracket to tilt it up for surfing. Burbey made a whole new, smaller platform but that seems a bit excessive for me. Getting really excited to get back out on the water, c'mon May1st.

GT you going to be on Standley this year? Or am I confusing you with somebody else?

Chad, thanks for the tip. I am riding a beginner CWB board--- I am 6’5” and 220. I think a bit big for the board / size of wake behind our boat. I have been looking at the Inland Surfer Red Rocket... thinking on buying it soon.

Getting excited to be on the water as well. Question is whether I will de-winterize in April or wait until May1.

jason95gt
02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
I do not have a picture of the platform pinned up. Hopefully Corey from Midwest will jump in as I know he has pictures and surf the heck out of the 14v.

cdstukey
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Chad, thanks for the tip. I am riding a beginner CWB board--- I am 6’5” and 220. I think a bit big for the board / size of wake behind our boat. I have been looking at the Inland Surfer Red Rocket... thinking on buying it soon.

Getting excited to be on the water as well. Question is whether I will de-winterize in April or wait until May1.

A little extra size might help. You've got 4"/40lbs on me so that makes a difference. I pulled a couple of 360s on my blue last year so I want to try something a little more nimble, but I can't complain about the blue at all. It's been a great board and I'm sure I'll be keeping it around.

teamcanada
05-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Any pics of the redrilled platform? I am dying to see it. I have the midwest mastercraft x14V ballast kit in the back lockers plus two 45lb sacs. Looking to get one more and then try and figure best placement. Any suggestions?

JTNG
05-08-2012, 11:23 AM
This is surfing behind my 2009 x14V stock ballast.:D

teamcanada
05-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Not bad. Do you just surf stock ballast or do you use extra sacs as well?

JTNG
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Just stock ballast, have the attitude plate, but no surf tabs.:D

teamcanada
05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
What setting on the plate? 50%

JTNG
05-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Full down. The picture shows my buddy's wife on the back, my wife (110lbs) in passenger seat, i'm driving (230lbs) my son up front passenger side (120lbs)