PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious about issue

BARE5
02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Bought a 1995 Prostar back in November, didnt get a chance to poke around too much. Where is the fuse block located and how is that accesible? And are there any battery recomendations ?

Cloaked
02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Bought a 1995 Prostar back in November, didnt get a chance to poke around too much. Where is the fuse block located and how is that accesible? And are there any battery recomendations ?Fuses are located behind the switch panel for lights, etc... Easy enough to remove. Many opinions about batteries. For a cranking battery, I use Interstate battery and the same for the auxillary battery (in lieu of a deep cycle). I think I paid ~US $115.00 ea. a few months ago for the two batteries. The higher end Optima batteries did not impress me for the cost of them after using them in previous boats.

mikeg205
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Bought a 1995 Prostar back in November, didnt get a chance to poke around too much. Where is the fuse block located and how is that accesible? And are there any battery recomendations ?

nice choice....what color scheme on the 95?

03geetee
02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Interstate and the largest CCA you can fit for your cranking battery. Wont let you down.

Starts my boat quicker then crack did Mrs. Houston.

JTR

mikeg205
02-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Interstate and the largest CCA you can fit for your cranking battery. Wont let you down.

JTR

And I......... u-I..... :D

ricford
02-22-2012, 11:57 AM

JTR

Probably a little too soon for that joke.

BARE5
02-22-2012, 07:19 PM
White with the blue strip down side, with a red shadow. Decals are beat up but for this year it'll do.

BARE5
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone know what type of fuses a 95 prostart takes? Does the dash unbolt or flip up or ? Trying myself 6'6" to look under the dash is gonna be a stretch. Thanks for all your help so far.

Jerseydave
02-27-2012, 07:50 PM
White with the blue strip down side, with a red shadow. Decals are beat up but for this year it'll do.

In the future if you want new decals talk to Jim@BAWS on here. He's the MC dealer near Tampa, but he ships parts and other MC items anywhere.

Post some pics of your prostar!!

Cloaked
02-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Anyone know what type of fuses a 95 prostart takes? Does the dash unbolt or flip up or ? Trying myself 6'6" to look under the dash is gonna be a stretch. Thanks for all your help so far.
Remove the panel from the front, if it's like a 93 setup. Four screws and it's a done deal. The 93 has no access from under the dash. If you pull the gauge pod panel you'll see nothing but a cable raceway leading into the fuse box area, still unaccessible from inside (or behind) the gauges.

mikeg205
02-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Careful when unscrewing...metal sleeves were used female part of the fastener and most likely will spin away from plastic housing. Also, the switch and fuse panel is old plastic and will crack if you look at it funny.

BARE5
02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks to everyone again.