mikeg205
02-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Pictures please....

Cloaked
02-18-2012, 09:00 PM
The intake hoses on my boat are all broken between the intake and
the engine compartment. Since the hoses can still grab air, is it critical
they are not in tact?
.Presuming you are speaking about the plastic vent hoses from the exterior intake to the engine compartment, here's my look on this... Is it critical to have gasoline fumes collect in an unvented confined space and risk igniting the fumes by a spark, flame, or backfire? Yes that would qualify as a critical situation for me.

Relative to the cost of the new hose and the very minimal time it takes to install new hose for proper ventilation, it is not an option for me to have anything less.

All about the risk you are willing to accept for you and your passengers...

ahhudgins
02-18-2012, 09:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said.

Masterfull
02-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Ditto!!!!!!

Jeff d
02-18-2012, 11:59 PM
4":
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MPI402-4000

3":
http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MPI402-3000

It's cheap and easy to replace.

sheckski
02-25-2012, 02:45 PM
For the stern hoes. One runs to the blower. The other is just threaded behind the exhaust to a low point in the bilge?

mikeg205
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Replace the blower hoses...its an easy job. If you need to move the gas tank you'll need a new filler hose...www.skidim.com.

I re-did mine and in took all of 3 hours... good rainy day - spring project.

Don't forget MC owners are supposed to keep their boats perfect... :D or is that just us with OCD MC :D :D

sheckski
02-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Replaced. The only question I have is on the port stern hose which seems to just terminate in a low spot in the bilge. Not sure if that was correct.

interestingly all MC air intake hoses were trash. the heater air hoses are original install and still good as new. It seems something was sub standard on the air intake hoses.

mikeg205
02-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Replaced. The only question I have is on the port stern hose which seems to just terminate in a low spot in the bilge. Not sure if that was correct.

interestingly all MC air intake hoses were trash. the heater air hoses are original install and still good as new. It seems something was sub standard on the air intake hoses.

Intake hoses are cheap - just cheap fire retardant dryer hose.

Jeff d
02-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes, there will be at least one piece of hose that will just hang low in the bilge. My 230 VRS actually has 3 vents like that. The fuel vapors are heavier than air and will collect low in the bilge. The section of hose will cause that vent to draw from down low when cruising to draw out any vapors.

sheckski
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
thanks Jeff