PDA

View Full Version : ProStar 205 Wake Tower for 1992

Muz65
02-18-2012, 07:56 AM
I have just bought an early Prostar 205. I want to put a tower and Bimini on it and want to know the best value. I like the look of the new dimension tower, has anyone installed an aftermarket model that they are happy with (Aerial or alike)? also want to put a Bimini on and looking for a good Bimini that can mount inside and down a little not on top (as they don't seem to work well). Thx in advance for your knowledge.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Well, I don't have a ps but i went with a krypt pro air tower for my tri-star and there bimini works very well

Muz65
02-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the quick response, your boat looks great. Where did you get your tower and approx how much for the tower and how much for the fitting. If you would be happy to share. Regards.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 08:55 AM
I got everything from http://www.bulletlines.com/default.asp , tower, bimini and rack and the mirror, he has all types of accessories, i bought everything 3 years ago and believe i paid around $1500.

rkhodges21
02-18-2012, 09:37 AM
that's a good looking setup you got there. I would be willing to bet that the prices have gone up now from what you paid though.

TKWakeboarder
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Here is my 94' w/ a New Dimension tower. The lines go good w/ the boat.

gts-20
02-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, I don't have a ps but i went with a krypt pro air tower for my tri-star and there bimini works very well

Wow, that looks really good. Matches up nicely with the tri-star's lines. Is that pic from the upper San Jac?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Wow, that looks really good. Matches up nicely with the tri-star's lines. Is that pic from the upper San Jac?

Thanks, yes its from west fork near kingwood

gts-20
02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
to the op, sorry for the thread jack.....

Thanks, yes its from west fork near kingwood

Looks like you guys got some water up there. We are still too low on Conroe to get out safely. I thought about trying the USJ, but I hear its tricky if you don't know where you are going.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 12:26 PM
to the op, sorry for the thread jack.....

Looks like you guys got some water up there. We are still too low on Conroe to get out safely. I thought about trying the USJ, but I hear its tricky if you don't know where you are going.

It is a little tricky even when the river is up, but as long as your around kingwood and south to the lake your good, but right now there is all kinds off veg littering everything up.

Double D
02-18-2012, 12:31 PM
My 94 with a Monster Tower. One of the lower cost options for you. If I had the ND budget, I would have done that. But with the flexibility of the MT, you can make it look good or bad depending on the mounting positions.

rkhodges21
02-18-2012, 03:56 PM
My 94 with a Monster Tower. One of the lower cost options for you. If I had the ND budget, I would have done that. But with the flexibility of the MT, you can make it look good or bad depending on the mounting positions.

That thing looks good on that boat. ARe those swivel racks?

etduc
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Here's my favorite tower look. Courtesy, of Coz

There's a number of looks, on this thread. http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38330&highlight=cargo+bimini&page=2

Depends on the value of your time and skill level. My set up, finished up about $1000.00 below the cost of a ND. The ND has a better finished look. If I had a newer boat, probably go with a ND.

I added the tower, for more deck space. Now carry wakeboards and waterskis, on racks. Much better, for all day on the water.

Double D
02-18-2012, 05:27 PM
That thing looks good on that boat. ARe those swivel racks?

Thanks!

They are NOT swivel racks. I am not sure if MT has those as an offer.....

GT500 MC
02-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I like both DoubleD's MT and j.mccreight's tower. Does that tri-star have flake on it? Or just the way the sun is shining? Didn't think they did that color in flake....

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I like both DoubleD's MT and j.mccreight's tower. Does that tri-star have flake on it? Or just the way the sun is shining? Didn't think they did that color in flake....

Yes its flake, special edition option jade metallic

GT500 MC
02-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes its flake, special edition option jade metallic

Looks great.

Muz65
02-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Yer, looks great and the Bimini fits well too. Do you remember what model monster tower/size? Also the Bimini? Do you know any dealer with them in stock? anywhere close to Florida would be helpful as I have my boat heading back Australia in the next week and want to get into the shipping container. I will look at the monster web site and delivery options now.thanks again.

Double D
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Yer, looks great and the Bimini fits well too. Do you remember what model monster tower/size? Also the Bimini? Do you know any dealer with them in stock? anywhere close to Florida would be helpful as I have my boat heading back Australia in the next week and want to get into the shipping container. I will look at the monster web site and delivery options now.thanks again.

When I bought my MT in 2003 Monster Tower was a relatively new company and they only had one style, plus I bought it through EBAY. Now its the MT1 and I see on their web site that its less money then I paid... I also see they now have the MTk which is based on the new style MC and SN are using. Not too bad looking either... IMO

The Bimini is nothing special and as long as you size it correctly it will fit fine.

Here are a list of Dealers in Florida. Good Luck!
http://asp.monstertower.com/usadealers.asp?State=FL

Muz65
03-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks Double D went with MT1 also, they shipped to Florida in two days. I am very happy with their service. Any advice on the fitting locations / measurements would-be appreciated. Brad.

coz
03-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Here's my favorite tower look. Courtesy, of Coz

Man!...that guy left in a hurry....didn't he? :uglyhamme