PDA

View Full Version : New dimensions tower concerns

LaRue
02-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Does anyone happen to know what might be going on over New Dimension Towers or who makes their wake-board and ski racks? I have two racks on backorder ( 2 months) and I'm receiving very little to no response from them. Empty promises and no call backs.

I am getting concerned that our newly installed tower will not have any racks on it. I am aware they are going through some changes but their current customer service is lacking.

LaRue
02-17-2012, 05:32 PM
would anyone have a different number other than what is listed on the website?

CantRepeat
02-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Their call backs were always slow when I was getting the tower for 92. I don't know if they do the racks in house or not.

I don't have any other contact info for them. I wouldn't worry to much just yet. They've been a good company.

Rukowh
02-18-2012, 12:13 PM
How long did it take to get your tower from the time you ordered till shipment? I ordered one 3 weeks ago and can't get chad on the phone now.

ski/hunt
02-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I noticed on their webpage that it said new location----is that recent or from the past??
I've been wanting to visit them, if you guys don't get anywhere on phone/net I might be able to stop over there next Wednesday...

LaRue
02-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I ordered mid december but asked for a delayed shipment until mid january. The tower shipped right on time. It is the fact that the racks,which I don't believe they produce in house, are 2 months past due. Without my persistence I would've never found this out and now I'm having a hard time connecting with anybody

LaRue
02-18-2012, 12:32 PM
I noticed on their webpage that it said new location----is that recent or from the past??
I've been wanting to visit them, if you guys don't get anywhere on phone/net I might be able to stop over there next Wednesday...

Sent you a pm

Rukowh
02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Ski/hunt,
If you do go by, i'd appreciate it if you'd post here and let me know what's up. I've always heard that NDT is top notch with their product but communication can be hit and miss. I'm guessing chad has just been out of pocket. I just get a little nervous when paying up front.

Rocketman
02-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Ski/Hunt if you go by there I would like to hear what they have to say as well. I put an ND tower on my boat last year. I then ordered a wakeboard rack and it took three months of chasing them and leaving messages before I got a response and actually got to speak to someone. They finally came through with the rack but by then summer was over. Now I want a ski rack but am afraid to order because when it does arrive summer will be over again. I want the racks to match so I am thinking of just scrapping the ND wakeboard one I got and ordering new racks from Monster. I hope they read these posts and realize that they are now getting a bad rep from poor service. I have seen similar postings about them on other sites. Anyone know who makes the racks for them so we can order direct? It should only take a week or two even if they are made to order.

ski/hunt
02-19-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm going Tuesday guys...I'll give a report as soon as I have news---I have wanted to get one of their towers so I have a reason to go and if I can help people at the same time its a win win!!

SkiDog
02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm going Tuesday guys...I'll give a report as soon as I have news---I have wanted to get one of their towers so I have a reason to go and if I can help people at the same time its a win win!!

Cary, you'd be doing them a favor if you tell them about the BAD publicity they're getting on here about not following up on calls and such. Might piss him off a little, but I'd bet it would get a little something done about it too.

ski/hunt
02-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh for sure!! My plan is to start "soft" and see where that go's. I won't leave there without making it clear that "many complaints" have me hesitant to buy their product and that "people are talking"!!

russlars
02-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Add another complaint to the list. My friend has been trying to get in touch with them to order a ski rack for weeks with no success. No answer and no return calls.

LaRue
02-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I talked with chad this morning. He again assured me my racks would be shipped this week. We talked about a few things but nothing I feel permitted to share publicly.

For those trying to place order I don't know for a fact but I suspect chad is not taking any new orders so that he can deal with previous orders and other concerns.

Ski/hunt sure hope you can meet up with someone tomorrow

Memo
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
I ordered a tower last October from New Dimensions. Chad, promised that the tower will be built and shipped within two weeks prior to fall boat storage. After 4 weeks no tower, I made numerous calls and send numerous emails with no replies from anyone. When I got a hold of Chad it was one lame excuse over another. They had tube issues then light issues then packaging foam issues etc. etc. I figured it is not going to help anyone to get upset since the boat was now in storage and I had to push the tower install to spring project list. Delivery was to be made to the house, I purposely asked Chad to give me heads up when tower was shipped so I can arrange my schedule to be home for delivery. Nine weeks later I find a note on the door for attempted delivery. Re-delivery fee was $150.00 of course there is no shipping notification from Chad. Happy to have the tower I opened all the boxes and inspected for damage. Find the installation instructions are printed with empty ink cartridges. They are totally illegible and useless. (See my post for forum help: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45301 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=45301) )Opened up the hardware kit and sure enough I am missing 4 of the black handled knobs. Once again, made numerous calls and send numerous emails asking for a copy of the installation instructions. No replays from Chad. The good news I found the knobs on ebay for $79.95 a pair. The bad news is I need two sets. Still no response from Chad. Oddly enough when I was ordering the tower and requesting information on options racks all my emails and voice mails where answered properly. At this point I am hoping the tower fits the boat. This entire experience has been nothing but disappointment and the worse part is that the tower is not on the boat yet. I tried really hard refrain my self from posting negative comments regarding NDT and Chad thinking my experience is one off isolated case, but it looks like it is not. I wish best of luck to you and hopefully your dealings with NDT will turnout with better outcome than mine.
Memo

Memo
02-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh for sure!! My plan is to start "soft" and see where that go's. I won't leave there without making it clear that "many complaints" have me hesitant to buy their product and that "people are talking"!!
Ski/Hunt, Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else. I ordered my spinning board racks and mirror arm from Sampson Sports for the NDL tower. Everything shipped on time as promised with plenty of communication. The workmanship is exceptional; welds are 100% better and cleaner than NDT. My 2 cents!

BallBushing
02-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Wow! Glad I went with Monster. Delivered as promised, worked great.

LaRue
02-20-2012, 03:50 PM
i feel compelled to reiterate. I ordered tower in mid-December and received great help. Tower shipped and was delivered on the week we had decided on in Jan. No issues at all. Packaged well, everything included.

Are there some frustrations with communication and the fact there was no mention of racks being B/O? Absolutely. But I don't want to be one condemning the entire process. However, NDT is going to need to address some issues soon if they want to remain a player in the market. Their tower still looks the best on our boat so i will remain patient, try to work with Chad, and trust all will work out in time.

CantRepeat
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow! Glad I went with Monster. Delivered as promised, worked great.

Yup, no issues with a second class tower.

Memo
02-20-2012, 04:29 PM
i feel compelled to reiterate. I ordered tower in mid-December and received great help. Tower shipped and was delivered on the week we had decided on in Jan. No issues at all. Packaged well, everything included.

Are there some frustrations with communication and the fact there was no mention of racks being B/O? Absolutely. But I don't want to be one condemning the entire process. However, NDT is going to need to address some issues soon if they want to remain a player in the market. Their tower still looks the best on our boat so i will remain patient, try to work with Chad, and trust all will work out in time.
LaRue
Tower looks great. Can't wait to install mine in the spring. Despite all the problems I had I still feel NDT is definitely the best and the classic look for our boats. It is shame they had to let their customer service hit rock bottom. I hope they get their act together soon and mark this as lessons learned. On a second note are the black knobs on the tower are all aluminum or plastic coated?

LaRue
02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
LaRue
...are the black knobs on the tower are all aluminum or plastic coated?

plastic coated

BallBushing
02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Tower does look nice. Can always put the boards on the floor for a few weeks

cloisel
02-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi all,
Similar deceiving story on the other side of the pond.
Placed an order and paid from France in April 11 for a tower with a pair of boardracks, organized shipment by sea to France, received the tower in July 11. I was very impressed by the look and quality of the tower, except the fact that boardracks were missing without any prior notice from Chad. Okay, wait for some three months after repeated promises from NDT to get racks shppied asap, and then no more answers to my daily calls or mails up to last January, when Chad reassured me to shipped the racks the next week ( last week of January). Nothing has shown up yet, and now I start calling back every day without reply except voicemail.
Conclusion: i am very happy with the look and design of my NDT tower bur can not understand having paid 420 usd for a pair of racks which (hopefully) will be deliverd one year after order.
SkiHunt I will appreciate if you can bring back my case to Chad's memory.
Thanks.
Clement from France

LaRue
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Wow, that is ridiculous. I would think there has to be some recourse or advocate who could get involved. What bites is that they have the money for the racks, otherwise it would seem to make sense to cancel order and go with other brand

BrooksfamX2
02-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Ski/Hunt, Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else. I ordered my spinning board racks and mirror arm from Sampson Sports for the NDL tower. Everything shipped on time as promised with plenty of communication. The workmanship is exceptional; welds are 100% better and cleaner than NDT. My 2 cents!

Samson products are great. I had their tower, speakers and mirror on my old boat and many of my friends had them also. Great guys to work with, great product quallity and they can fab anything you need. I wish my X2 tower folded down as easy as the Samson tower.

There are tons of MC pictures on their web site...........

www.samsonsports.com

rgardjr1
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Yup, no issues with a second class tower.

Second class tower or second class customer service ...
Tough decision-I'm glad I don't need a tower.

CantRepeat
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM

Yup, either way wont be fun. :(

BrooksfamX2
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM

With Samson, you go first class all the way............

carlsonwa
02-21-2012, 01:37 PM

Do they make a wakeboard mount for a NDT bolt pattern? It would be so nice to have swiveling racks rather than the fixed mounts.

LaRue
02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Do they make a wakeboard mount for a NDT bolt pattern? It would be so nice to have swiveling racks rather than the fixed mounts.

that would be nice. I have not seen or heard of this but since ND racks mount in center and not on one arm, not sure how you would design rack to swing around.

LaRue
02-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Talked with Wayne (Owner of NDT). Hopefully we are a bit closer to putting this frustrating but learning experience behind us. Wayne put cell phone number on website so if you are wanting to order or follow up on order, I would encourage you to call it. (Just don't take my racks) :D

rgardjr1
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM

I've seen a few pictures of the Maristars the Portland dealer has put the Blade towers on and I don't think they look any better/worse than the Mastercraft two point towers. Not sure how much cheaper they are, but I'm guessing there could be several thousands saved depending on how many speakers you're hanging on the tower. I was interested in hearing their HLCDs a couple of years ago at the Spokane boat show but they had cooked their amp before I got there.

CantRepeat
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM

Sampson towers are nice but I would not put them on the same level as NDT.

The boxy shape, the big ugly style mounts just to name a couple points.

ski/hunt
02-21-2012, 07:23 PM
I was able to stop in and spoke to Wayne for a little while. As I said before I wanted to talk to them about a future purchase (next winter maybe). Since he was at the front counter I didn't ask for Chad. I believe he wasn't there since we went in his office to look at pics of 205's with full and mini towers. Wayne was informative and even took me into the shop to see some towers in the making. Ironically the only other person in the shop was a younger fella and at the time was wrapping up a set of board racks to be shipped...So that could be good news to somebody:). I was there close to 10:30 and only two people in the shop---one working on shipping and Wayne up front.

Some things I took from our conversation. I believe the current economy has hurt them big time---as it has to many....he did say they have some OEM work they do so that seems to be helping. The other thing I asked was if the racks were made in house and he said they were. There were some other statements made during our conversation that led me to some conclusions. I (in my opinion) think there are some hobbies these guys are into that are distracting from the business. I also think they have a very small crew doing things. As I was getting ready to leave I told him that I was saving $$ to be able to afford one of his towers and it could be as late as next winter before I could get one---his response was "I hope we will still be here"...
One other thing I found interesting is the card I got from Wayne is for golf cart tops--so wakeboard towers isn't the only thing being built there....

I will say that the pics of the towers they have done and the ones in the shop ready to ship are awesome!! They aren't cheap but if you want one that looks like MC factory, ND is the one. Wayne was a very nice guy!! My opinion is they have the crew to a minimum and have gotten behind and aren't working the OT to get things done. I hope they are able to hang in there!! If I get a tower I want it to be one from them.

Rukowh
02-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I ran across Wayne's email address on their website this morning and sent him a note with my concerns. He responded quickly and told me my tower was complete and would be shipped out tomorrow. He said he would send me a tracking number as soon as it leaves the shop. I didn't think that his email was on the site a week ago but maybe I overlooked it. I did have one for chad that yielded no response. The actual production and shipping time isnt far from what we talked about origionally, it was just the lack of communication that made me nervous. Im back on board drinking the kool-aid now. Once I get my hands on the tower I'll probably follow up with some ND racks.

LaRue
02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks ski/hunt for stopping by and sharing. Much of what u said coincides with my phone conversation today.

Btw the other person in the shop is Wayne's son

Memo
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
I still think there are no excuses for not returning calls, sending half printed manuals or partial installation kits after taking my hard earned money. In my case the calls and emails where returned properly prior to the sale. I still am missing parts from the hardware. There are plenty other tower companies out there, which are in the same boat as NDT. One would think customer service would be priority number one for company who is struggling and need to gain market share to stay alive. Anyway best of luck to them! Looks like they are going to need it.

As to Sampson Racks - I bought the Sampson racks because I wanted spinning racks. Not because of NDT issues. I think spinners make life easier for getting boards on and off. The clamps on the racks fit perfectly under the prostar oval on the NDT. Mounts are fully adjustable and they look good. They do not look like some after thought add on. After I inspected both the tower and the racks I put them away for spring install. However if you want I will pull both the tower and the rack out this weekend and take some photos. The workmanship on the Sampson is superior. The rotation motion is smooth and the locking mechanisms are solid. The locks are not pins like every other spinner they are actual spring loaded latches. As I recall the Sampson forks did fit the NDT towers bolt pattern. I will check on that as well and post some photos. AND above all they do answer calls and return emails and ship orders within few days. Let me know.
Memo

Memo
02-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Sampson Towers and Racks are quite bit more $$$ than NDT. However NDT has the classic looks. Sampson can build to any custom height such as mini tower size. However I must agree Sampson is bulky looking and does not have the classic look.

Rocketman
02-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Memo I would love to see some picks when you get a chance. I have often wondered what non NDT racks would look like on an NDT tower.

I also agree that just because the economy is bad is no reason to have poor customer service. If their capacity is limited then just say so and say when you can get it done and then deliver on that schedule and do it right. They have enough of of a cult following and most of us are particular about what we want and would probably wait patiently if we were treated in an up front and honest manner. I am sure that the after market tower business must be on the decline as well as towers are now standard factory option and most boats that didn't have one originally probably have one now. But they are seem to be a leader in this market (I love mine) and if they are branching out to diversify their business that makes sense. But if they want to stay in business no matter what that is or becomes if they must provide good service.

jakethebt
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
Memo, I second wanting to see the swivel racks on the NDT... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Memo
02-23-2012, 09:34 AM
No problem, I will take some photos this weekend. So you know the tower is not on the boat yet. Boat is still in storage.

carlsonwa
02-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Memo, I second wanting to see the swivel racks on the NDT... :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I second that!

Memo
02-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Here are the photos - NDT tower with Sampson spors Swivel racks
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/5da61047.jpg

Memo
02-23-2012, 08:49 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/fb40bd64.jpg
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/15bcd0d4.jpg

Top view
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/252d6007.jpg

Back side
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/e670d8e9.jpg

Memo
02-23-2012, 08:52 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/40552434.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/8daf4512.jpg

Rotating In

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/c7b77cef.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/c7b77cef.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/76c2dc88.jpg

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/MemoSig/Tower/b76c6916.jpg

Memo
02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Have to wait until spring for onboard photos. The Sampson fork bolt pattern is not the same as NDT’s so there is no direct fit. Let me know if you guys need any other angle.
Cheers
Memo

JRW160
02-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Those look good. How much do they run?

jakethebt
02-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow, those look really nice. That is a really nice setup. I can not wait to see it on your boat. I bet you can either. Do they make ski racks too?

Rukowh
02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
You sir, have an amazing rack, and I don't say that to many guys.....

Now back to the thread.

I am pleased with the responses I have gotten from new dimension over the past week. My tower is on its way and will be here Monday. Wayne sent me tracking info just like he said he would. The whole process is actually on time, I just got nervous when I read some posts about the time it was taking some of you to get your orders. The sketchy communication was the worst of it. I don't know what the issue was that some of you have hinted around about, but it seems that Wayne is taking the communications seriously now. Might not make up for the past with some of you but they have a primo product that is worth a little wait. Hope it all continues.

Memo
02-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Thank you! I like my Racks too! :D And they spin :eek3:..They are not cheap. The price depends on the configuration. They are somewhere north of $1100.00 per set. The web site address is: http://www.samsonsports.com/wakeboard_tower_boardracks.html
I got lucky and paid the off-season price and bundled up with extreme mirror and mount. The quality fit and finish on both are excellent. The swivel mounts are considerably smaller then other brands. If you are looking for spinners or mirror arm I would highly recommend them.

I am very happy to hear NDT is getting their ducks in a row. They do manufacture great product. There is no question they are the best fit and look for the Mastercraft. Hopefully the issues we experienced are the exception not the norm. I will reach out to them one more time and see if they will ship the missing fasteners. Good luck with your installs and please post photos when you are done.
Memo

LaRue
02-24-2012, 09:51 AM
i concur. this has been a good week of communication from NDT. Both Wayne and Chad have called. Racks are in transit.

A few lessons for dealing with conflict.

1. Keep a non-anxious presence
2. Deal with facts
3. Realize this is not a perfect world
4. Treat everyone with respect
5. Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

CantRepeat
02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
i concur. this has been a good week of communication from NDT. Both Wayne and Chad have called. Racks are in transit.

A few lessons for dealing with conflict.

1. Keep a non-anxious presence
2. Deal with facts
3. Realize this is not a perfect world
4. Treat everyone with respect
5. Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

Glad to hear it is working out!! Great outlook too.

LaRue
03-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Racks are in my possession. Thought I should post since I started this thread.

petermegan
03-23-2012, 05:31 AM
I am in Australia and own a 2000 prostar 190, looking to put a tower on it of which the New Dimension mini looks the best. Is NDT worth the risk considering I am overseas? I have had some communication with Wayne about some possible alterations from standard(I think 4 emails) In my last email I told him "I will stop dicking you around soon and order, I just want to get it right as I am on the other side of the World." His response was, wait for it.......". I am starting to grow weary of these endless conversations so please, if you don't like my tower buy somewhere else or place an order................Wayne". Hmmm a little short maybe. I still like the look of there tower the best but wondering are they safe to deal with or am I likely to pay my money and not end up with a tower? I think he was having a baaad day! Have people with recent experiences with NDT got any advice please.

holdenh2o
03-23-2012, 07:36 AM
I am in Australia and own a 2000 prostar 190, looking to put a tower on it of which the New Dimension mini looks the best. Is NDT worth the risk considering I am overseas? I have had some communication with Wayne about some possible alterations from standard(I think 4 emails) In my last email I told him "I will stop dicking you around soon and order, I just want to get it right as I am on the other side of the World." His response was, wait for it.......". I am starting to grow weary of these endless conversations so please, if you don't like my tower buy somewhere else or place an order................Wayne". Hmmm a little short maybe. I still like the look of there tower the best but wondering are they safe to deal with or am I likely to pay my money and not end up with a tower? I think he was having a baaad day! Have people with recent experiences with NDT got any advice please.

New Dimension cutting their own throats???

CCAnderson
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Last I talked with Chad, and this was some time ago, he mentioned the economy had hurt them very badly and that he was looking for other employment opportunities. That being said my tower took almost two months from the time it was order until the day it was received which was well after the season ended. I love the look of my NDT tower but the finish could be better and wish it was stainless rather than aluminum. I'm betting the aluminum will oxidize. I'm also considering sending out to be polished.

The fit was great. Dropped right in place except for where a flunky at MC put the reinforcing plate in backwards

petermegan
03-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I thought the ND towers were anodized? This should stop most of the oxidizing and can you polish a tower once it is anodized?

CantRepeat
03-23-2012, 05:39 PM
I really hope ND can pull through. They have the best product for sure.

Anderson, I would not touch the tower other then to clean the bugs off. You might be surprised at how well it holds up.

higgy57
03-26-2012, 08:00 PM
i looked into nd towers just a month ago they make a good product and i do hope they can pull thru it sucks to see a good company struggle like that, my friend did purchase a nd tower back at the first of the year he just got it a lil over a week ago and it looks awesome couldnt ask for a better fit, on a light note i purchased a mtk monster tower it only took a week to get to my door step and they give a 5 year warrenty on theres but unlike nd my tower was alot more work to put on and took almost all day today but i like the look of the reverse tower alot better

-V-
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Is it just me or does the tower not fold down enough? I mean I wish mine would fold down more, but even with it folded it's over 8 feet? Am I doing something wrong?

petermegan
03-27-2012, 05:56 AM
I have heard great things on teamtalk about NDT, and I do hope I can buy one and get it here to Oz. One thing I don't understand is if the GFC has hit them so hard, how come you have to wait for 2 months plus to get your item. If things are that slow they should be waiting for your order to make it, shipout within the week. Secondly I really am having communication problems with Wayne. It is almost as if he either isn't interested or only reads half my email before responding. Result being frustration from both parties. I am trying to get a tower 6inches lower than the mini, which he says he can do for me.

JRW160
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Is it just me or does the tower not fold down enough? I mean I wish mine would fold down more, but even with it folded it's over 8 feet? Am I doing something wrong?
I agree, tt would be nice if the break point in the rear legs was a little higher, so that they would easily fit under a standard garage door when folded. That is really my only complaint.

SunCoast 83
08-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I agree, tt would be nice if the break point in the rear legs was a little higher, so that they would easily fit under a standard garage door when folded. That is really my only complaint.

Does it not fit under a 7' clearance? I just sent an email to Wayne asking him.

JohnnyB
08-09-2012, 07:15 AM

Depends on the boat and trailer. My 04 197 tower just brushed the weather stripping on a 7ft door :eek:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

JRW160
08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
It fits but just barely. I have to take the trailer off the truck, then lower the jack all the way down to get it under my 7' door.

petermegan
08-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh man, I am an idiot for not heeding the majority of the advice on here. I hate being negative like this towards a business but dealing with NDT's is like pulling teeth except it takes months and you get nowhere. I have contacted Wayne by email and phone for some tower 'parts' and the service is nothing short of appalling. I am going to end up having to get them manufactured here in OZ. Given the uncertainty in the economy I really don't understand this. My advice to all out there is shop elsewhere.

Cloaked
08-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Oh man, I am an idiot for not heeding the majority of the advice on here. I hate being negative like this towards a business but dealing with NDT's is like pulling teeth except it takes months and you get nowhere. I have contacted Wayne by email and phone for some tower 'parts' and the service is nothing short of appalling. I am going to end up having to get them manufactured here in OZ. Given the uncertainty in the economy I really don't understand this. My advice to all out there is shop elsewhere.He has moved his shop recently and has not gained any business skills. You are correct......... I live about 30 miles from his place and have had to go there with a friend to get service attention in person for said friend's ND tower. Each to their own I suppose...

Cheers.... :D

CCAnderson
08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
With the tower folded toward the bow I measured mine at 85.5 inches of the floor this with the single axle trailer on 225/57R15 tires. To get it into the garage i have to unhitch with the traler wheels in the garage but not the tounge, unhitch, lower jack all the way, the roll it rest of the way in which is slightly up hill and using a piece of plywood on top of the gravel, jack back up level.

I am going to try folding the tower backwards which will give me a few more inches. Combined with a long drop receiver I might be able to back it in all the way.

To fold the tower back I will need to remove the ski rack which hits the gunnel. If it works out I'm in the market for a quick release mechanism for the racks.

maristardd
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I would still give ND high recommendation to others, just with caveat to be a little patient, it was a little more like working with a local craftsman who builds things, not a dot.com that just takes orders 24/7 and ships other people's products. My recent experience was three weeks total from order to receipt for a exact fit tower for my Maristar and his retail pricing seems to be lower than what is listed online. He was slow on response for an email inquiry about a part. But when I did order an additional rack, got him on the phone first try on the call, and had the rack w/in two or three weeks. (I'm guessing these are done to order on his CNC machine, not sitting on a shelf). Just wanted to provide another data point.

petermegan
08-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Maristar, You obviously have had a better experience than some. I stand by my earlier comments and the dealings I have had with Wayne are not just a 'give the man time, he still has a good product' scenario. His business sense is sadly lacking and I just wish I had never dealt there. In hindsight I should have forked out the extra cash to have an engineer build me a custom tower from scratch.