PDA

View Full Version : Really?!?!?!?!

D3skier
02-16-2012, 05:50 PM
ok to each their own but really? I wouldn't be caught dead on that thing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Correct-Craft-200-Team-edition-Energy-edition-Nautique-Immaculate-/120858888926?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item1c23c04ade#v4-48

ski/hunt
02-16-2012, 05:56 PM
It looks like it's at a car dealership in the pic....must have been a "trade in" on a suv---

That would even be a hard "Gift" to accept!! I guess I'd take it and trade it on that new truck I need....

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Using the entire color wheel, I guess the original owner couldn't make up his mind...

91tri190
02-16-2012, 05:58 PM
That a Spliff Nautique right? Bob Marley's barefoot edition...The Jamaican Special. You can guess what the exhaust smells like.

02ProstarSammyD
02-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I was unaware that richard simmons was a boat enthusiast

jhall0711
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
I was unaware that richard simmons was a boat enthusiast

Tough crowd.... I think its pretty neat... Then again Im prolly one of the "youngsters" on here compared to the rest... Im of the generation that bright colors are not evil ;)

snork
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I think Jamaica Sandals reneged on their order, can't blame them

bobx1
02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
That was a custom built boat for Erno Rubik. If you 'youngsters' don't know who he is then you can read up on him here.

http://puzzles.about.com/od/logicpuzzles/p/ernorubik.htm

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
And here I thought it someone won it on The Price is Right.:rolleyes:

Jerseydave
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
That was a custom built boat for Erno Rubik. If you 'youngsters' don't know who he is then you can read up on him here.

http://puzzles.about.com/od/logicpuzzles/p/ernorubik.htm

Sooooo, he's a 67 year old puzzle-making slalom skier???

93Prostar190
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
More colors = less wake?

Panda Cub
02-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Rastafari!

willyt
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
That a Spliff Nautique right? Bob Marley's barefoot edition...The Jamaican Special. You can guess what the exhaust smells like.

Hahahaha

I have one guy on my crew that would kill for that boat.
Ifff he'd ever get off the sofa

JohnnyB
02-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Tough crowd.... I think its pretty neat... Then again Im prolly one of the "youngsters" on here compared to the rest... Im of the generation that bright colors are not evil ;)

Bright colors weren't evil in the 80s either....we grew out of it :D

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

h2oskiluvr
02-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Yikes, I am not sure I could do that one. Imagine having to explain the story behind it 10,000+ times. That might get old!

I do like the wake behind that boat though. Just sayin'...

CantRepeat
02-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Hahahaha

I have one guy on my crew that would kill for that boat.
Ifff he'd ever get off the sofa

I assume he always passes left. :D

2RLAKE
02-17-2012, 07:18 AM
so this was not even that bad in comparison to the Ski Nautique ...

JohnnyB
02-17-2012, 07:48 AM
so this was not even that bad in comparison to the Ski Nautique ...

Gotta love hot pink and real....and we had wet suits w the same colors..

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

ttu
02-17-2012, 08:35 AM
boat reminds me of these guys!:D

shepherd
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
I do like the wake behind that boat though. Just sayin'...

Yep, nice ski boat. I'd take it if the price was right. But then, my lake is pretty quiet so not many people would see me in it. I'd just have to wear the hat and dark sunglasses when I take it to the boat ramp.

shepherd
02-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I looked at the rest of the pictures. I'm awake now. :shocked:

captain planet
02-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Can you imagine the conversation at the factory when it was being built? 8p I'll bet the guy with the gel coat gun and the supervisor had a few conversations about it.

I would imagine a phone call was made to the dealership.....

"Uh, yes this is Joe Technician from correct craft. Uh, I have an order here for a 200, uh, and I have the following colors on the order.....uh, is this a mistake? No. Your sure, OK. Did you give your customers a breathilyzer before you took their deposit? And the check cleared? OK....." click

Ring, ring. "Yea, this is Joe Technician down in production is this accounting? Uh, yea, did you get a check from dealer x for order number xxxx for a 200 with the following colors? You did, did the check clear? It did, OK, thanks."

"ALRIGHT CHARLIE, YOU ARE CLEAR TO PROCEED?!"

:D8p

DemolitionMan
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I guess if you got a real good deal, you could have the red regelcoated black.

aaron.
02-17-2012, 10:47 AM
haha sweet rasta boat! too bad its a nautique.

ski_king
02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Thats what happens when you let your kindergardener pick the color for the new boat.

trickskier
02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
You guys are all wet behind the ears - Obama ordered that boat to pull his girls tubing! :D

DemolitionMan
02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
You guys are all wet behind the ears - Obama ordered that boat to pull his girls tubing! :D

Good One!!!:D

mikeg205
02-17-2012, 07:22 PM

A good use of executive order.

ahhudgins
02-17-2012, 09:31 PM
And here I thought it someone won it on The Price is Right.:rolleyes:

Someone turned it down for Showcase #2.

Made me nauseous just looking at the picture. There is no way I could sit in while it was moving.

DemolitionMan
02-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Someone turned it down for Showcase #2.

Made me nauseous just looking at the picture. There is no way I could sit in while it was moving.

Its a color wheel.:D

jamisonsbrodie
02-17-2012, 10:58 PM
It's the Fruit Loop option!

trickskier
02-18-2012, 06:17 AM
It's the Fruit Loop option!

You would have to be a Fruit Loop to buy it.............8p

D3skier
02-18-2012, 09:58 AM
You would have to be a Fruit Loop to buy it.............8p

now that's a good one trick!!!!!!

D3skier
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
????????????
that has got to be the worst dash set up I've seen... the zero off is off to the right? and it almost looks like the steering wheel is just in the way... might as well get rid of it.

DemolitionMan
02-18-2012, 10:13 AM
What is the lever to the far right?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
????????????
that has got to be the worst dash set up I've seen... the zero off is off to the right? and it almost looks like the steering wheel is just in the way... might as well get rid of it.

That is nautiques "linc system" similar to mc big.

ski/hunt
02-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I think it's some kind of "wake plate" thing...
Oh they didn't quit with the ugly when it came to the interior!!!
I find it ironic that whoever created that debaclery has tired of it already!!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
02-18-2012, 12:05 PM

that is their hydro gate shifter, basically opens up slits in the hull for different wake, it is not a lever for a "wake plate"

ski/hunt
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
that is their hydro gate shifter, basically opens up slits in the hull for different wake, it is not a lever for a "wake plate"

My mistake...I have a cousin who hasn't seen the light yet....and his boat has one. He described it to create a wake or smooth it for boarding or skiing...
His isn't as fugly as the one in this thread----so I will boat with him every once in a while---if it's a week-day!! That lake Lanier is too crazy on weekends!!!

Masterfull
02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I think I found the perfect tow vehicle for this boat!!

east tx skier
02-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Ja mon!!!!

jamisonsbrodie
02-18-2012, 09:43 PM
????????????

The location of ZO actually works out really well because you access it very easily with your throttle hand without having to lean forward like other boats. The tournament drivers love it!

cf_koch
02-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Love the Partidge Family tow bus

Jerseydave
02-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Love the Partidge Family tow bus

C'mon get happyyyy!

captain planet
02-19-2012, 02:38 PM

That is the porpoise/anit porpoise gate lever. Leave the gate up and the boat porpoises. Put the gate down and the boat doesn't porpoise.

D3skier
02-19-2012, 05:47 PM
That is the porpoise/anit porpoise gate lever. Leave the gate up and the boat porpoises. Put the gate down and the boat doesn't porpoise.

is that their solution for we can't figure out how to fix the problem so we'll implement a "stupid" fix?

mikeg205
02-19-2012, 05:58 PM
is that their solution for we can't figure out how to fix the problem so we'll implement a "stupid" fix?

I would compare it to the trim adjust on outboards. Need a trim tab to bring the nose down if the prop is starting to drive the boat out of the water. One alternative is re-propping for arm ripping and eye popping whole shot and losing the top end :D D :D

Even in this video you see the porpoising in this video at about the 1:24 mark... ;)

trickskier
02-20-2012, 08:18 PM

So what's the purpose??? :rolleyes: LOL

mikeg205
02-20-2012, 11:20 PM
damn...fergaut...the video link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBc0o73CyM porpoising at 1:24...

TRBenj
02-21-2012, 10:23 AM

I cant tell if you guys are being serious or joking... and I dont see a link or any imbedded video.

So, just in case youre being serious, then I'll make sure its clear that the 200 doesnt porpoise under any conditions that Im aware of. The hydrogate provides a little bit of hook at the keel, and in the down (slalom) position, it plants the nose of the boat and knocks down the rooster tail. In the up (trick/jump) position, it removes that hook, raising the nose a bit, and gives the wake a little more definition and increases the top speed of the boat. It isnt a band aid or a fix- this system was implemented in the TSC3 version of the 196 hull (2006), and was designed into the 200 from the get go.

Adding holes and a wing to a rudder, adding a 4th tracking fin and gluing in material into the chine would be what I consider a "fix".8p

FWIW, Im a CC guy (and not the 200's biggest fan) and I dislike the colors on this particular boat as much as anyone. Rumor has it that it was built for a well known skier, and Im guessing it was meant to be a conversation piece more than anything. It may be ugly, but it appears to have succeeded in that goal, judging by this thread!

lettmeknow
02-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Its actually a solution to a problem. To make a great slalom wake , you sacrifice the trick wake. With the hydroplate you get both. MC is the " Master " of band aids. ie; tower braces, 4th tracking fin, bolt on chine rails, T shaped rudder and so on. Why am I a MC guy?? LOL

pram
02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
That boat is bichin

I may be getting older, but I wouldn't have a problem towing that to the lake and using day in and day out

I'd trade my 205 for that any day of the week

captain planet
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I cant tell if you guys are being serious or joking... and I dont see a link or any imbedded video.

So, just in case youre being serious, then I'll make sure its clear that the 200 doesnt porpoise under any conditions that Im aware of. The hydrogate provides a little bit of hook at the keel, and in the down (slalom) position, it plants the nose of the boat and knocks down the rooster tail. In the up (trick/jump) position, it removes that hook, raising the nose a bit, and gives the wake a little more definition and increases the top speed of the boat. It isnt a band aid or a fix- this system was implemented in the TSC3 version of the 196 hull (2006), and was designed into the 200 from the get go.

Adding holes and a wing to a rudder, adding a 4th tracking fin and gluing in material into the chine would be what I consider a "fix".8p

FWIW, Im a CC guy (and not the 200's biggest fan) and I dislike the colors on this particular boat as much as anyone. Rumor has it that it was built for a well known skier, and Im guessing it was meant to be a conversation piece more than anything. It may be ugly, but it appears to have succeeded in that goal, judging by this thread!

Alright, to be fair if I recall correctly it was the cc210 v-drive that had the porpoise problem and the little hydro-gate was the fix. I wanted to see if anybody would catch my little jab. Good eyes. ;)

As for the problem you mention above, the 4th tracking fin was not the fix to the problem, nor were the rails that are securely adhered to the hull (14 years 675 hours and counting) these softened the wake. The change to the wings on the rudder was the fix.

But that is all history.

So, can you barefoot behind a 200 or is it not fast enough? :rolleyes::D

captain planet
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
That boat is bichin

I may be getting older, but I wouldn't have a problem towing that to the lake and using day in and day out

What year 205?

TRBenj
02-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Alright, to be fair if I recall correctly it was the cc210 v-drive that had the porpoise problem and the little hydro-gate was the fix. I wanted to see if anybody would catch my little jab. Good eyes. ;)

I am also not aware of any other CC that has a "porpoising" problem. Again, the hydrogate was never designed as a "fix". Its a hull tuning design, and an effective one at that. Ive seen first hand how sensitive CC and PCM are to the way their hulls ride. If you look at the underside of the new Sport 200, you'll see where they added extra hook to keep the nose down (as compared to the 200 DD hull). You also cannot get the 450hp engine option in the v-drive version. CC simply doesnt allow boats to go out the door that could have a perceived handling/performance issue. Didnt the early PS 209's porpoise? I swear I remember reading about some of those here.:rolleyes:

As for the problem you mention above, the 4th tracking fin was not the fix to the problem, nor were the rails that are securely adhered to the hull (14 years 675 hours and counting) these softened the wake. The change to the wings on the rudder was the fix.

But that is all history.
Theres no way a tracking fin is going to affect the wake- thats a tracking and handling tool. But its good to know that the glued on rails were the "fix" for the hard wake, and that the rudder and fin were the "fixes" for the chine locking. I didnt realize the hull had multiple problems.8p FYI, a good friend of mine has a '99 PS190 with all of the above "fixes" and it skis just fine... but you better believe I bust his balls about them anyways!

So, can you barefoot behind a 200 or is it not fast enough? :rolleyes::D
I was as disappointed as anyone when I found out the 200 was now "slow". ~43mph with the 343hp Excal and ~47mph with the 6.0L. Pretty much the same as the 197, no? At least they got a world class wake out of it, I suppose.8p I'll take a 196, thanks!

GT500 MC
02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
That boat is bichin

Interesting....that boat matches the colors in your avatar to a T.

lettmeknow
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I have unfortunatly witnessed chine lock on an MC from behind the rope on a 2000. Not pretty! Boat on shore, no more skiing :confused:

captain planet
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I find that hard to believe on a 2000. The problem was the rudder on a 98 that didn't have the wings. Once the wings were added the problem was gone and that problem was corrected well before the 2000.

captain planet
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I am also not aware of any other CC that has a "porpoising" problem. Again, the hydrogate was never designed as a "fix". Its a hull tuning design, and an effective one at that. Ive seen first hand how sensitive CC and PCM are to the way their hulls ride. If you look at the underside of the new Sport 200, you'll see where they added extra hook to keep the nose down (as compared to the 200 DD hull). You also cannot get the 450hp engine option in the v-drive version. CC simply doesnt allow boats to go out the door that could have a perceived handling/performance issue. Didnt the early PS 209's porpoise? I swear I remember reading about some of those here.:rolleyes:

Theres no way a tracking fin is going to affect the wake- thats a tracking and handling tool. But its good to know that the glued on rails were the "fix" for the hard wake, and that the rudder and fin were the "fixes" for the chine locking. I didnt realize the hull had multiple problems.8p FYI, a good friend of mine has a '99 PS190 with all of the above "fixes" and it skis just fine... but you better believe I bust his balls about them anyways!

I was as disappointed as anyone when I found out the 200 was now "slow". ~43mph with the 343hp Excal and ~47mph with the 6.0L. Pretty much the same as the 197, no? At least they got a world class wake out of it, I suppose.8p I'll take a 196, thanks!

I didn't say they effected the wake. I said the rails softened the wake. The wings on the rudder corrected the 'rudder stall'.

I haven't been beside or behind a 200, but I have read it has so much drag it burns a lot of fuel and is slow for footin'. It isn't a bad looking boat....except the one that started this thread.

lettmeknow
02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I find that hard to believe on a 2000. The problem was the rudder on a 98 that didn't have the wings. Once the wings were added the problem was gone and that problem was corrected well before the 2000.

Oh it happened alright, but I did get the year wrong, it was actually an 2002.

TRBenj
02-22-2012, 10:59 AM

There is no way the tracking fin had any effect on the wake.

I didn't say they effected the wake. I said the rails softened the wake. The wings on the rudder corrected the 'rudder stall'.
I guess I do not understand what you are trying to say. Clearly the 4th tracking fin was added as a handling band aid in addition to all the rudder modifications. I suspect the blocks glued in were part of the handling fix as well- "rudder stall", "chine lock" or whatever you want to call it. Im guessing the hull shape was developed to optimize the wake, and it wasnt discovered until later that the boat had a problem making turns.

I haven't been beside or behind a 200, but I have read it has so much drag it burns a lot of fuel and is slow for footin'. It isn't a bad looking boat....except the one that started this thread.
Yep, with the factory prop, the revs are up there- so fuel burn will increase. The hull is definitely slow (a good 5mph slower than a comparably powered 196), and thats probably my biggest issue with it. Now its just as slow as a comparably powered 197!:mad:

Everything I hear says its a great slalom boat... but it wouldnt be an acceptable footing boat unless it has the 6.0L, at least to me! For the same reason, my buddies with 90's Prostars have no desire to "upgrade" to a 197.

east tx skier
02-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Cough cough, MasterCraft's Positive Pressure Tracking System, cough cough.

/glass houses
//that option is meant to satisfy trick skiers. Seems like less of a fix and more of an attempt to not mess with a stellar slalom wake.

east tx skier
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Its actually a solution to a problem. To make a great slalom wake , you sacrifice the trick wake. With the hydroplate you get both. MC is the " Master " of band aids. ie; tower braces, 4th tracking fin, bolt on chine rails, T shaped rudder and so on. Why am I a MC guy?? LOL

Okay, so I was redundant. 8p

east tx skier
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Im guessing the hull shape was developed to optimize the wake, and it wasnt discovered until later that the boat had a problem making turns.

In 1998, the Pro Star 190 had a supposedly phenomenal slalom wake, but there was an issue with chine lock/rudder stall that reared its ugly head during AWSA testing (there was a guy who was at the AWSA tests (I think he was one of the skiers) that year who confirmed "the incident" on this forum a couple of years ago when many were swearing the event never occurred and was some made up rumor). My local dealer still remembers getting a call from one of his friends at the test in 1998 saying that the 190 just ran up on the beach.

The foiled rudder was added afterward and served to keep the arse end of the boat stable in the water at a certain attitude. The 4th skeg presumably was necessary for tracking following this rudder change. Unfortunately, this hardened up the wake a bit and did not improve steering over a traditional rudder. By the time the brochures for 1998 came out, this "system" had a fancy name, "Positive Pressure Tracking System." Apparently, without the positive pressure, the boat might not stick to the water in an accelerating hard turn on a shallow lake. ;) (by the way, you can do this with lots of boats).

In 1999, the rails were attached to the hull as standard equipment and offered as an add on for the 1998 190s to soften the wake.

Note: I wasn't there. This is all hearsay. That doesn't mean it's wrong. We're not in court. I know who my dad is by hearsay. I'm no less confident in that information. However, if I have gotten any of this wrong, someone please correct me. I'm not ragging on the 1998 190 any more than I'm ragging on the Rastafarian 200 pictured above.

pram
02-22-2012, 02:26 PM
What year 205?

It's a 95, I haven't even skied it yet

captain planet
02-23-2012, 08:10 PM
In 1998, the Pro Star 190 had a supposedly phenomenal slalom wake, but there was an issue with chine lock/rudder stall that reared its ugly head during AWSA testing (there was a guy who was at the AWSA tests (I think he was one of the skiers) that year who confirmed "the incident" on this forum a couple of years ago when many were swearing the event never occurred and was some made up rumor). My local dealer still remembers getting a call from one of his friends at the test in 1998 saying that the 190 just ran up on the beach.

The foiled rudder was added afterward and served to keep the arse end of the boat stable in the water at a certain attitude. The 4th skeg presumably was necessary for tracking following this rudder change. Unfortunately, this hardened up the wake a bit and did not improve steering over a traditional rudder. By the time the brochures for 1998 came out, this "system" had a fancy name, "Positive Pressure Tracking System." Apparently, without the positive pressure, the boat might not stick to the water in an accelerating hard turn on a shallow lake. ;) (by the way, you can do this with lots of boats).

In 1999, the rails were attached to the hull as standard equipment and offered as an add on for the 1998 190s to soften the wake.

Note: I wasn't there. This is all hearsay. That doesn't mean it's wrong. We're not in court. I know who my dad is by hearsay. I'm no less confident in that information. However, if I have gotten any of this wrong, someone please correct me. I'm not ragging on the 1998 190 any more than I'm ragging on the Rastafarian 200 pictured above.

Eastie, this is about as correct as you can get with the story on the 98. I know the guy the rudder stall happened to and your sequence is correct. I spoke with him and another TT driver and they confirmed what happened and the rudder was the correction.