PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft by Design Products

adamk23
02-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Hey everybody! MasterCraft by Design would like to get your opinions and suggestions on various items or products that YOU would like to see us add to the website. From time to time, we will be posting different product ideas to this thread and invite you to provide feedback as to what you think. Should we offer them up for sale or ditch them and move on? If you should have any ideas, please do not hesitate drop me an e-mail at akoleno@mcboc.com.

adamk23
02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Product #1 - MasterCraft wall clock.
This has been a product that we have gotten multiple e-mails and requests on. Which one does everybody like the best? Let us know.

BROUSSARD
02-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Either the first or the second. Why a white backdrop and bezel?

Stritt
02-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I would pass on all 3....Then again, we haven't had a clock like that in our home for at least a decade......so take it for what it's worth ;)

Sodar
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
If I had to pick one I'd say #2, but honestly, I am not digging any of them.

rgardjr1
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
but honestly, I am not digging any of them.

Ditto-back to the drawing board ...

thatsmrmastercraft
I like the first clock better than the other two.

CantRepeat
If I had to pick one I'd say #2, but honestly, I am not digging any of them.

This......

Scott
02-15-2012, 06:20 PM
first or second one, not the third one..:D

BROUSSARD
02-15-2012, 06:34 PM
How about we just trash the ****ty looking clock!

Rukowh
02-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I think the first one might look cool hanging in or on the boat house but it looks like it might be too pricey for that. The logo on the third one bothers me because it looks like they are trying to copy the evil kenevil (spell?) Harley Davison #1 logo or maybe the cigarette racing logo. Those are both cool but so is the old school mastercraft font. I don't like the 2 nd one.

Rukowh
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe if they put a gold looking bezel on em' I could wear it on a chain around my neck between sets.

bailey78
02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
How about MC DESIGNS brings back regular hats, teeshirts and hoodies that 30 year olds and above can wear in public!! Just basic designs...

bjames
02-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Or 40 year olds :D

bailey78
02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Sorry BJAMES Or 40!!! and above

medicmoose
02-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Sorry, kind of Mickey Mouse looking....wouldn't spend more than $5 on any of them.

Rukowh
02-15-2012, 10:37 PM
I agree. I'm getting pretty close to fifty. I would wear mastercraft branded stuff if it were age appropriate. My kids wear a different cut and style than me but would not wear mastercraft branded clothes and hats etc.

pmkkdx
02-16-2012, 09:53 AM
in order of my voting is the order they are posted ... #1=1, #2=2, #3=3 ... would be cool to put on an office wall or out at a lake house/boat dock.

also agree with offering the age appropriate caps, t-shirts, etc. ... 50 plus y/o here (and totally hate those stupid (IMO) looking flat bill caps!!!)

blakehardesty
02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Im 28 and hate flat billed hats. They look horrible.

BrooksfamX2
02-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Sorry BJAMES Or 40!!! and above

Or 50...........:o

I wouldl not buy a clock for more than $10, but #1 is the best of the 3 for me.

ski/hunt
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Im 28 and hate flat billed hats. They look horrible.

I couldn't agree more!! Flat bill hats are GAY!! I wear a ball cap almost daily---the only way one of those ugly things on my head is if I'm dead.....
Death to the flat bill hat!!!

P.s.-----whatzup Harold.....:)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I couldn't agree more!! Flat bill hats are GAY!! I wear a ball cap almost daily---the only way one of those ugly things on my head is if I'm dead.....
Death to the flat bill hat!!!

P.s.-----whatzup Harold.....:)

It's not like the flat bill hat is a new design. The flat bill hat seemed to work out for Jim Neighbors playing Gomer Pyle................oh wait, never mind:rolleyes:

HDAVIS
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I vote for # 2.

Jeff Lyman
02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
#2 for sure. Suggest a stars and stripe, Prostar, X star and so on to be alittle more personal to the owners boat model taste. 110 volt with battery back up of those of us without a plug near by. Priced in the $ 15 to 25 range. I'd buy one for my boathouse and use the battery option.

DemolitionMan
02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
#######################1

onewheat
02-17-2012, 02:02 AM
$10 - really? If you go to Wal-Mart, I don't thinkk you could buy a generic, plain faced clock like this for $10. With the MC emblem on it - I might pay $20. Out of the 3 versions, I like #2 the best, but agree, it still needs a little work. X-series or Mastercraft logo. Not everyone skis and not everyone wakeboards. You might need 2 versions. Version #3 sucks.

JDJ_205
02-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!!!!! Bring back the new era hats. Below is an excerpt from an email exchange I had with Josh Shave. If MasterCraft By Design is going to ask questions about terrible looking clocks - they need to get real!

So the person who started this post - go talk to Josh Shave and tell him to get with the program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------
Jim,

Thank you for the email. We are always working on it. We will have more coming out later in the year but for now that's what we are going to offer. I will see of the new era hats will. Work for 2013.

Thanks,

Josh Shave
Marketing Manager
MasterCraft Boat Company

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 9, 2012, at 4:52 PM, "Dunne, James" <James.Dunne@harrisbank.com<mailto:James.Dunne@harrisbank.com>> wrote:

Good Afternoon Josh,

I wanted to touch base given that several new hats have been posted, most of which were the cause of the original inquiries. Can you please give an update as to whether or not old school / more traditional hats are in the works?

The current three “classic” hats are nothing of interest. They are nothing close to the New Era hats that were available a few years ago.

Thank you for your time.

Jim

Table Rocker
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
How about a skier down flag with the MasterCraft logo?
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/10h/origin-d4.scene7.com/is/image/GanderMountainOvertons/13746_L1?$small$

RadarDad
02-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Adam,
I like all three clocks but, if pushed I like #1 the best. After seeing the 2012 gear, I worry that the MasterCraft #1 graphics like on clock #3. I hope you cleared it with Harley-Davidson. They have a department that just looks for things that use anything that even remotely looks like there trademarked logos. Since I have both I think it looks good on a tee shirt.

Roger:)

tr6coug
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't buy a wall clock, I've got 50 devices in my house that tell me what time it is.

But... work a deal with MalibuStrings for a MC bikini

-V-
02-17-2012, 03:37 PM
#1 or #2.............

TXMC-06X2
02-17-2012, 04:14 PM
#1, and I would like to second the "MC Bikini" motion!!!

SkiDog
02-17-2012, 05:39 PM
I wouldn't buy a wall clock, I've got 50 devices in my house that tell me what time it is.

But... work a deal with MalibuStrings for a MC bikini

I like the way you think! Or maybe Wicked Weasel!:D

HDAVIS
02-17-2012, 08:23 PM
How about a MasterCraft life jacket or swimming trunks or ski gloves?? The khaki cap is great, don't care much for the rest of the caps tho.

cf_koch
02-18-2012, 05:05 PM
I like number 1 the best but agree with what was stated by others that I would be unlikely to buy a wall clock. I also would like to see some hats, shirts (especially a polo), and other items that would not make a 40+ year old owner look rediculous. I also like the ski jacket idea.

HDAVIS
02-18-2012, 05:54 PM
I think a ski jacket would sell like hot cakes if it was designed well.

trunderw
02-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I can't believe this thread even exists... If MCBD's focus is analog wall clocks with a logo on them then I think the creativity may be misplaced. And ditto on the age appropriate clothing (and flat brim hats).
I would buy a ski jacket but I don't want to be the guy that's all decked out in MC stuff because it really detracts from the brand if you overdo it with branded stuff. There's a balance...

I may consider replacing all those crappy orange 'life jackets' I keep shoved up under the seat just to meet the coast guard regulation with some decent MC versions though... just a thought.

JohnE
02-21-2012, 08:12 AM
#2 clock.

Another vote for some hats and clothing that are more traditional.

Ironhorse
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I would buy the first one if MCBD started using US Post to Canada instead of a courier.

Covi
02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I would buy the first one if MCBD started using US Post to Canada instead of a courier.

It would cost you double!

Ironhorse
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Covi - the shipping cost would be double but the bond fees from UPS make the shipping well over double what US Post works out too. I only buy from US sellers using US Post after being hit by UPS with rediculous fees a few times.

Eric2010MCX2
02-25-2012, 06:05 PM
How about MC DESIGNS brings back regular hats, teeshirts and hoodies that 30 year olds and above can wear in public!! Just basic designs...

Agree.... I'm not a fan of the homeless look a lot of younger wakeboarders are going after

thatsmrmastercraft
02-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Agree.... I'm not a fan of the homeless look a lot of younger wakeboarders are going after

Starting to see a pattern here.

Wold x-7
02-25-2012, 09:06 PM
I agree with the MC bikini I would buy one for my lady if they looked ok.

LittleFuss
04-15-2013, 07:21 PM
How about some accessories that fit something other than a 2013:cool:

CottagerGreg
04-15-2013, 07:41 PM
It would cost you double!

So true. I would buy so many more items

rtw_travel
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
So true. I would buy so many more items

I've figured out the UPS system, and can now bring packages in from teh US with no extra fees. The only requirement is that you live near a CBSA office that is part of the courier low value shipment program. Here is a list of offices.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype49-e.html

General info here. Note the limit is $1600.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/lvs-efv/menu-eng.html

Here is what you do:
1) call UPS with the tracking number when the product ships. Tell them you will self clear. Ask for the commercial invoice. They will send it via e-mail.
2) when UPS arrives, do not accept the package or pay anything. Tell them you will self clear. Then go to the CBSA with your invoice and photo ID. They will confirm with you that UPS has tried to deliver it and you have refused. You'll have to pay the import duty (if any) and the HST for your province. Then they provide a form B15 - make sure they stamp it as being paid.
3) Call UPS and ask them for the fax number for self assessment. Fax the B15 form to UPS.
4) UPS will attempt to deliver again, with no charges this time. In fact, the last time, the driver was used to seeing us self clear, so he just gave us the package teh first time so he wouldn't have to come back again - he assumed we'd continue with the forms and send the fax in or UPS would come back at us eventually.

Each time I have done this, there has been no lineup at CBSA - other than the drive there and back, it is hassle free

scharette
04-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I've figured out the UPS system, and can now bring packages in from teh US with no extra fees. The only requirement is that you live near a CBSA office that is part of the courier low value shipment program. Here is a list of offices.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype49-e.html

General info here. Note the limit is $1600.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/courier/lvs-efv/menu-eng.html

Here is what you do:
1) call UPS with the tracking number when the product ships. Tell them you will self clear. Ask for the commercial invoice. They will send it via e-mail.
2) when UPS arrives, do not accept the package or pay anything. Tell them you will self clear. Then go to the CBSA with your invoice and photo ID. They will confirm with you that UPS has tried to deliver it and you have refused. You'll have to pay the import duty (if any) and the HST for your province. Then they provide a form B15 - make sure they stamp it as being paid.
3) Call UPS and ask them for the fax number for self assessment. Fax the B15 form to UPS.
4) UPS will attempt to deliver again, with no charges this time. In fact, the last time, the driver was used to seeing us self clear, so he just gave us the package teh first time so he wouldn't have to come back again - he assumed we'd continue with the forms and send the fax in or UPS would come back at us eventually.

Each time I have done this, there has been no lineup at CBSA - other than the drive there and back, it is hassle free

Thanks for the info! really appreciate-it!

Burdhntr
04-15-2013, 09:01 PM
In regards to the clock issue, I quote the immortal Homer Simpson. "I don't know Herb, people are nervous about new things. Why don't you just take an existing item and put a clock in it?"

scott023
04-16-2013, 02:01 PM
That's a sweet set up with the CBSA. Thanks for posting.

mzimme
04-16-2013, 04:13 PM
It's too bad MC doesn't hire someone that actually takes into consideration the opinions of their actual customers. It would take a simple "suggestion" thread on this forum to create merchandise that a large majority of their customers would like. The sample size here is quite large, and with the price of these boats these days it's not like your average 20 something can afford a brand new X series boat. MC could license their logo like crazy and make a killing off of it, but they just seem to be trapped at this point.

mcxfan
08-01-2013, 06:07 PM
What's with the MC By Design website? Most of the links don't work and the Apparel Link isn't even listed. Is there an alternative to shop for Mastercraft swag????

thatsmrmastercraft
08-01-2013, 06:13 PM
What's with the MC By Design website? Most of the links don't work and the Apparel Link isn't even listed. Is there an alternative to shop for Mastercraft swag????

Midwest Mastercraft has some of that stuff and they are rock solid.

http://www.waterskis.com/Default.asp

http://www.wakeboards.com/

SILENTxNOISE
08-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Edit: Too slow

waterskis.com is decent for MC swag.

93Prostar190
08-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Check out www.mastercraftlifestyle.com for the apparel stuff ... I noticed it during the new web site launch.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Check out www.mastercraftlifestyle.com for the apparel stuff ... I noticed it during the new web site launch.

Interesting. I bought the Throwback shirt at Midwest Mastercraft one day when I stopped by a month ago. Same price too, I think. Really nice shirt.

http://www.mastercraftlifestyle.com/images/large/MCM149.jpg

93Prostar190
08-14-2013, 07:22 PM
As most of you know, I am part of the crew that helps to put Buckeye Bash together .... I have relied on MC by Design in previous years to get some of our swag so we have plenty of cool stuff to giveaway.

Once again Kevin at MCBD came through for us .... he sent us a sweet box of goodies (we pay for it) on a timely basis and makes sure we are happy with everything.

This year he even threw in a few extras for us.

Even though it looks like the apparel is coming from a slightly different fulfillment channel now, I can say the MCBD has taken great care of us and our event.

Kevin thank you!!!!!!

gsxrjtt
08-14-2013, 07:36 PM
thatsmrmaster ?? How do those shirts fit and the material.. ? they run small or large

GoneBoatN
08-14-2013, 09:37 PM
I just got this today. The "Cooler" is a pretty nice, not to heavy, hoodie. I plan on enjoying it this fall apres wakeboarding.

thatsmrmastercraft
08-14-2013, 09:45 PM
thatsmrmaster ?? How do those shirts fit and the material.. ? they run small or large

Size is a tad small, material is summer weight. Seems to be a quality shirt. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another, but I would buy a size larger than I need.

mcLove
08-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Where is the third clock or am i missing something?