PDA

View Full Version : Maristar 225 VRS engine

DCApilot12
02-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and had a quick question. My friend owns a 1995 Maristar 225vrs with the Corvette engine. He threw a rod about a year and a half ago and have just let it sit on the side of their house. I took the boat cover off and took a look at the interior. It is in very good shape. No rips or tears in the cushions or seats. The pay off on their loan is 11k. My question is how much would it take to put in a new motor. Would it be worth it to purchase their boat and fix it up? I have a college buddy that owns a marina and is a malibu dealer and service center but I'm a pilot on a layover for the next week and have to find his number at home when I get home. Just looking for anyones experience. Thank you for the time...very cool site.

Ryan

Jeff d
02-14-2012, 08:16 PM
IMHO at $11k+an LT1 rebuild+ incidentals I think you're not likely to come out ahead on a '95 even if you provide all of the labor. You might break even relative to a comparable boat in working order.

davidstan
02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
His payoff is his problem is the reality. All he has really is a hull and decent vinyl so maybe 6 grand max would I pay on a project like that. You can't even take it for a test drive to check all the other stuff.