ski/hunt
02-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Hope you guys didn't forget!!

psychobilly
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Nope and I got mine last night!!! ;-)

Double D
02-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Flowers being delivered today while I am out of town...

pmkkdx
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Plan is to take off work at noonish, swing by grocery store (last few dinner items & roses), firing up the pit, slow smoked ribeye/chicken/shrimp, mushroom, tomato, jalapeno, zucchini, onion, pineapple & asparagus teriyaki kabobs with cheese & garlic mashed potatoes along with chocolate covered strawberries with a nice bottle of wine.

03geetee
02-14-2012, 09:16 AM
http://www.fearla.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/boobs5.jpg

Hope you see some of these today fellas!!!! I did!

JTR

Ski-me
02-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Taking one kid to Volleyball practice....taking the second one to Basketball practice. Sounds like a romantic evening for sure!! :(

Barefooter92
02-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Plan is to take off work at noonish, swing by grocery store (last few dinner items & roses), firing up the pit, slow smoked ribeye/chicken/shrimp, mushroom, tomato, jalapeno, zucchini, onion, pineapple & asparagus teriyaki kabobs with cheese & garlic mashed potatoes along with chocolate covered strawberries with a nice bottle of wine.

What time shall I bring the beverages!:D:D:D

pmkkdx
02-14-2012, 12:57 PM
What time shall I bring the beverages!:D:D:D

I hope you are female and as cute as my wife 8p ... but dinner will be served at 6:00-6:15 pm :rolleyes:

shutting er down from here ... off to the store & cooking

ski/hunt
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Don't be this guy.....especially today :)

GT500 MC
02-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Now that is funny.

Willski
02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Umm. Didn't forget, but didn't get anything either....which of course lead to not getting anything later....

tex
02-16-2012, 07:23 AM
I got a pair of stainless martini glasses for the lake and a new pair of boardshorts...Bring on the heat!

h2oskifreak
02-13-2014, 12:59 PM
I write a poem each year for my wife about things that happened in the last year. It is silly, but shows her I care and she loves it. Also going to the high end rest. in town and enjoying our evening. Roses, of course too. Who is doing what and best idea wins the prize of nookie at home, safe bet don't you think?

Rockman
02-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Picking up flowers for thw wifey on the way home tonight...both of us have to work full days tomorow but dropping the kiddos off at the in-laws and then dinner and drinks tomorrow not...

A fews drinks for Valentine's Day and the remainder for my birthday!;)

Ski-me
02-13-2014, 01:35 PM
We'll be flying to Phoenix for a Volleyball Tournament!!

h2oskifreak
02-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Picking up flowers for thw wifey on the way home tonight...both of us have to work full days tomorow but dropping the kiddos off at the in-laws and then dinner and drinks tomorrow not...

A fews drinks for Valentine's Day and the remainder for my birthday!;)

Nice. Happy Valentines Birthday, Rock.

tex
02-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Years ago my wife and I had a babysitter back out at the last minute. We ended up sitting at the dinner table with our very young son eating spaghetti with jar sauce. Since then it has become a tradition. Great family time!

TayMC197
02-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Years ago my wife and I had a babysitter back out at the last minute. We ended up sitting at the dinner table with our very young son eating spaghetti with jar sauce. Since then it has become a tradition. Great family time!

That sounds good, what time is dinner? I'll even bring Ashley.

pmkkdx
02-13-2014, 05:41 PM
I took her 3 dozen red roses and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries on Tuesday (to make darn sure they weren't sold out of both like last year :rant:, causing trips to 4 different stores before collecting it all) ...

We are both off work tomorrow and I have planned out a scenic day trip to Fredericksburg TX (about 1.5 hour drive) with stops along the way thru the hill country wine country, LBJ Ranch/Lady Bird wildflower center, then shopping (mostly window I hope) in town, some nice old school German food, hit up some of the bakeries/chocolate factories, then another scenic drive up thru Willow City Loop (beautiful rolling hill country although a bit early for the spring wildflowers) on up to Llano for BBQ at Cooper's or Inmann's with a swing back over by some of the highland lakes and watch the nesting bald eagles along the way (taking binoculars & camera) before heading back home around dark thirty.

this week marks the anniversary of our first official date from 39 years ago ... how appropriate, a Valentine's banquet during our high school years in the hill country.

Rockman
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Nice. Happy Valentines Birthday, Rock.

Thank you!

JohnE
02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
I am fortunate. I have a girl that wants nothing special for Valentine's day. Great, because in my past life nothing was ever good enough. It's a joy to go through Holidays not having to stress about the petty gift giving **** show. No offense anyone. We have great times and do so much together. We just don't measure it by what was purchased.

I have become close friends with a girl at work. (not that way) She is all for show. She wants flowers delivered to work so everyone can witness it. She's a good girl, but pathetic. I feel bad for the poor bastard dating her.

pmkkdx
02-13-2014, 06:12 PM
JohnE, I can relate!!! My wife isn't about all that either, I started the roses at Valentines with our first date to that banquet with a red rose corsage (she loves roses) and each year since I have gotten her roses, typically one for each year (but I stopped at 36 years with continually adding one for each year). I also usually buy her a rose bush that we plant together in her rose garden. Likewise, we will spend the entire day together, just the two of us site-seeing around the hill country that we grew up in loving. It's not about the amount of $$$ spent as much as the amount of effort of doing something special for someone I love. I literally hate shopping, but thought I could suffer thru a few hours as I might see something interesting to meet along the way. I definately get your point!!! and am very glad I have someone I don't feel like I have to spend a lot other than time to make her day...

CantRepeat
02-13-2014, 07:40 PM
All set!

Gonna give her this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWWfPxqWwZI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrSYqiqvzc)

2RLAKE
02-13-2014, 07:43 PM
missing my daughter's volleyball game but taking Linda out to a fantastic restaurant for dinner ... along with my admin and her husband ... will be a great time!

Willski
02-13-2014, 09:58 PM
I...got nothin....Wife gets home tomorrow from a business trip. Son's basketball practice tomorrow night. May eat at the local bowling alley next to the smelly shoes!!

gweaver
02-13-2014, 10:31 PM
The boys and I just got done making chocolate covered berries for mom. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries. They may not look perfect, but mom won't care. :D

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VPKI_DSFbIE/Uv2NfSheXwI/AAAAAAAACeA/oJbfBbhG3bg/w346-h260/20140213_192808.jpg

I think she'll be pretty happy. :D

G

Astepatatime
02-13-2014, 10:44 PM
When my wife and I started getting serious and hit our first V-day, I told her that my opinion was Valentines Day was for amateurs, and for those who weren't romantic the rest of the year. Ever since then, we don't do anything special. But ya gotta work at it throughout the year this way.

Traxx822
02-14-2014, 09:14 AM
When my wife and I started getting serious and hit our first V-day, I told her that my opinion was Valentines Day was for amateurs, and for those who weren't romantic the rest of the year. Ever since then, we don't do anything special. But ya gotta work at it throughout the year this way.

Shot yourself in the foot there didn't yah.

captain planet
02-14-2014, 09:50 AM
Happy Red 40 consumption day. :rolleyes:8p

scott023
02-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Doesn't sound like that was the best POA. :D

Forrest-X45
02-14-2014, 01:21 PM
All set!

Gonna give her this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWWfPxqWwZI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABrSYqiqvzc)

:uglyhamme

Astepatatime
02-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Shot yourself in the foot there didn't yah.

True, true. But it pays dividends all year long too :D

scott023
02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
True, true. But it pays dividends all year long too :D

Well, there's a benefit. :D

scott023
02-14-2014, 02:41 PM
:uglyhamme

Lmbo at that.

Double D
02-14-2014, 03:58 PM
I can never buy a good gift. Then my flight gets canceled out of San Francisco and I have to fly into Indy and drive 5 hours to get home, missing the day completely. Maybe, she'll feel bad for me and give me something special when I get home at 2 AM?? NOT!! Maybe a "Get off me!!" :)

scott023
02-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I can never buy a good gift. Then my flight gets canceled out of San Francisco and I have to fly into Indy and drive 5 hours to get home, missing the day completely. Maybe, she'll feel bad for me and give me something special when I get home at 2 AM?? NOT!! Maybe a "Get off me!!" :)

Dang, that's a rough day.

Double D
02-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Dang, that's a rough day.

It even got worse when I had to drive through a snow storm and crappy roads for 90% of the trip! Still no lovin.... :(

scott023
02-15-2014, 10:19 AM
It even got worse when I had to drive through a snow storm and crappy roads for 90% of the trip! Still no lovin.... :(

What time you get in at?

orbeamlb
02-15-2014, 03:51 PM
Dozen Roses followed by;

Dinner - Filet Mignon, Lemon Pepper Seared Sea Scallops with fresh Asparagus.

Dessert - Chocolate Grand Marnier Souffle

Happy Bride!

scott023
02-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Dozen Roses followed by;

Dinner - Filet Mignon, Lemon Peeper Seared Sea Scallops with fresh Asparagus.

Dessert - Chocolate Grand Marnier Souffle

Happy Bride!

Darn fine work sir.

Double D
02-15-2014, 05:03 PM
What time you get in at?

2:15 AM. terrible V-Day

Sent from my New iPad Mini using Tapatalk

orbeamlb
02-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Darn fine work sir.

Why thank you sir. Was even nice enough outside to dine on the patio.