PDA

View Full Version : New X2... Which blue flake to choose?

08M3Sedanski
02-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I have ordered this boat... the blue is canadian blue flake. I am wondering if I should switch to navy blue flake? The interior is white with navy blue welt and red monograms.

Please share your opinion. Thanks for your help.

http://darkmatter.me/images/x2.png

curtish
02-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Do you have a photo of the other option so we can compare? This one looks pretty nice!

Double D
02-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Canadian Blue is SWEEET!! IMO

BrooksfamX2
02-11-2012, 12:44 AM
I really like that blue............

willyt
02-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Mattscraft will say that's a horrible color combo

08M3Sedanski
02-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately this photo is from the build configurator so I don't really know what the color looks like in person. Here is a photo with the config photos side by side and I copied section of the specific colors into blocks below.

http://darkmatter.me/images/x2flakecompare.png

08M3Sedanski
02-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Mattscraft will say that's a horrible color combo

Thank you. Can you elaborate?

MattsCraft
02-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Here is why willy mentioned it, mine is Navy blue, pro tour red and white. Interior is dove, gray, pro tour red and navy, '09. In the 1st picture the red appears brighter than in person, the second shows truer colors. I do love this combo, because the red flake is brighter than pro tour red, I would stay with the Canadian blue in the combo, if they had the flake as a deeper red, it would go good with navy. Just my thoughts.

08M3Sedanski
02-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Here is why willy mentioned it, mine is Navy blue, pro tour red and white. Interior is dove, gray, pro tour red and navy, '09. In the 1st picture the red appears brighter than in person, the second shows truer colors. I do love this combo, because the red flake is brighter than pro tour red, I would stay with the Canadian blue in the combo, if they had the flake as a deeper red, it would go good with navy. Just my thoughts.

Thank you MattsCraft. Just to show what a newb I am... I thought Willy was referring to Mastercraft and had just misspelled the name. :)

I think I actually like the canadian blue better too. If I do stay with the canadian, and this is a minor point, but do you think I should stick with the navy welt line on the seats or use the med blue instead or maybe red welt line and blue monograms? I do want the rest of the seats white.

I'm sure I am over thinking this and probably won't stop until well after the boat is delivered but it is a very large purchase from my perspective.

BTW, I think your boat looks great!

Jim@BAWS
02-11-2012, 10:17 AM
CANADIAN blue with white GEL. Get rid of the red flake.

Go with the ZFT4 tower...not the 2...TRUST ME!!!

Jim@BAWS

MattsCraft
02-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Sedanski - Thanks and understand your dilemma all too well. I poured over color combos and probably did about 50 design-a-boat combos before settling on this. I was worried that it would be too Americana, but in person and on the water the combo is sweet and have had many compliments! The Med blue, for me anyway is a bit bright and I would stay with Navy or Red on the welt cord. Your dealer should have color swatch's, this should help you out with your color combos a lot. Good Luck:D

willyt
02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I also find it ironic that you might choose 'Canadian' blue metal flake to design a good ole red white and blue boat.

Knew he'd be along soon - Mattscraft is my goto guy. (few people know this but i actually have a fashlight with a red/white/blue X2 cutout i shine up in the clouds whenever i need him... Likeee when I pull my lanyard unknowingly thinking its the fuel pump...)

Anyway IMO I'd stay with the canadian blue metal flake as well.
I love flake, love 'merica, love mastercrafts. Good color choices.

MattsCraft
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Willy, you crack me up... Ahh the winter blues... We have not had any real winter weather here until today, and I am already sick of it... Bring on WDIM aka Warm Days In March:rolleyes:

I still think that Pink flake X-Star is all you...

corey
02-11-2012, 02:19 PM
We've sold a couple of red, white and blue boats but I can't seem to find any pictures. I like the red and canadian blue flake but I've seen red and navy flake and it looked good too. The navy flake doesnt pop quite as much as the canadian.

djswin
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
We bought a new X15 last weekend (1st boat ever) and love how the navy flake looks.

vision
02-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I also find it ironic that you might choose 'Canadian' blue metal flake to design a good ole red white and blue boat.

Knew he'd be along soon - Mattscraft is my goto guy. (few people know this but i actually have a fashlight with a red/white/blue X2 cutout i shine up in the clouds whenever i need him... Likeee when I pull my lanyard unknowingly thinking its the fuel pump...)

Anyway IMO I'd stay with the canadian blue metal flake as well.
I love flake, love 'merica, love mastercrafts. Good color choices.

And would it kill MC to place a simple indicator on the dash for us DAs that indicates when the lanyard circuit is open or the throttle is not in neutral. "Boats dead, damn it..(hour later)..who unplugged the lanyard?

JohnE
02-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I would go navy flake. But I am probably in the minority

willyt
02-11-2012, 10:06 PM
And would it kill MC to place a simple indicator on the dash for us DAs that indicates when the lanyard circuit is open or the throttle is not in neutral. "Boats dead, damn it..(hour later)..who unplugged the lanyard?

Good to know I'm not the only da out there that does this...

davidstan
02-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I have the C B F and It rocks on the water and when sun hits it there is a glow like with all the flake colors.

holdenh2o
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
ZFT4 looks incredible. Note to self: In 20 years, ensure that the 2012 Mastercraft you buy has a ZFT4.

ZFT4:

http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2012/02/10/mastercraft-boats-unveils-new-zero-flex-tower-4/

Eric2010MCX2
02-13-2012, 12:10 AM

Ha we did this one night.. 11pm, no boats in site... Crap, boat Wont start.... 20 min later... Wasn't all the way in neutral.... Oops!!!

kskonn
02-13-2012, 11:06 AM
After checking the Canadian Blue and Navy Blue out in person I personally like the Navy Blue flake. I am not into the large highly reflective flake.

93Prostar190
02-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I ve seen Matt's boat in person, and the color scheme is bada$$

I trust his choice in colors. Good luck, that looks like a sweet ride u r putting together.

SkiDog
02-14-2012, 10:37 AM
CANADIAN blue with white GEL. Get rid of the red flake.

Go with the ZFT4 tower...not the 2...TRUST ME!!!

Jim@BAWS

Thats what I had and wish I STILL had!

SkiDog
02-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I would go navy flake. But I am probably in the minority

You stay outa this, Silver Flaker!:D

yeahmooney
02-16-2012, 12:03 PM
I know its a prostar... but here are some more pics of navy flake. Its a very dark blue but it goes great with red. I love the canadian flake with white but you may be surprised at how light it is on the water with the sun reflecting off it.

Cheers
:toast:

08M3Sedanski
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
I know its a prostar... but here are some more pics of navy flake. Its a very dark blue but it goes great with red. I love the canadian flake with white but you may be surprised at how light it is on the water with the sun reflecting off it.

Cheers
:toast:

I decided to go with the Navy Flake a few days ago and yeahmooney, you just made me very happy that I did. I love your Prostar! Thanks for posting the photos.

Tri4X2
02-22-2012, 11:24 AM
I love the Canadian Metal Flake.. but that's because I own it. The Silver looks amazing with Red... that would be my Second Choice (Go BUCKS)