PDA

View Full Version : Island Girl Products...for gel coat restoral

Scot
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
My brother in law who is restoring an old fiberglass Century Coronado turned me on to these products. Check out the url..... there are some good step by step video procedures showing off their product...

I did a search on the TMC site and looks like it hasn't been brought up before.... Has anyone tried this stuff?

http://www.islandgirlproducts.com/

shepherd
08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Arrrrgh!! I tried to watch one of the videos but it's so sloooowwww.....
Why does he talk sooooo slooowwwwwwwwwwww.????

I gave up.

So Scot, did you try this stuff yet?
How about your B-I-L? How did his project turn out?

Just a curious MCer with a badly faded gel coat... :wavey:

Scot
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Hello everyone....

I finally ordered some of the Island Girl products and tried the Sea Glow out on my interior. Even though my 95 205 has been well cared for since it was new, (thanks Diesel), the off white interior has turned somewhat of a dingy off white. I used the Sea Glow and the vinyl came alive and has been restored to what I would believe to be like new color and touch.

I've never seen anything like it.... well except when I used soft scrub on my old 86.... it whitened it, but I had to replace the skins the following year....

I will post some pics later so you can see the results.

TMCNo1
05-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I think it's interestin.................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ!

Scot
05-04-2007, 12:14 AM
This is just one pic....

Scot
05-04-2007, 12:25 AM
by the way. that oval spot was not from me! Diesel, this is the left front cushion. I always thought it was a repair job or something.... what is it? There was another one to the right that got washed out with the cleaning.....

Scot
05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Here is a better pic. BTW, the left side is not dirty.... I already cleaned it with a couple of different vinyl cleaners.... It was just sun yellowed.. Also, the other specs you see in the pic are from my dirty camera.