PDA

View Full Version : Seadek Swim Platform Pad

trasey
02-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Was just looking into getting a seadek swim platform pad for my '89 tristar and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. How durable are they? Do they stick to the platform well? Do they get ripped easy by wakeboards and overall how satified were you with the product?

s_worty
02-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I put SeaDek on my 2004 X10 last summer after going through three sets of MC rubber. So far it has been very durable, even standing up to the AZ heat. The black wasn't recommended and I didn't want to deal with any possible tracking issues like I has with my first MC rubber pad so I went with gray. It sticks very nicely. I highly recommend! The MC rubber was always a problem...

BrooksfamX2
02-08-2012, 12:02 AM
I am likely going to get the faux titanium teak seadek shortly........

trasey
02-08-2012, 03:03 AM
S_worty,
How did you clean the platform? Do they recommend placing it on a smooth surface or taking fine grit sandpaper and roughing the platform a little?

McDye
02-08-2012, 09:30 AM
S_worty,
How did you clean the platform? Do they recommend placing it on a smooth surface or taking fine grit sandpaper and roughing the platform a little?

I have had 2 on different boats and very happy with them.

To clean, I use diluted simple green solution. To apply, they have a video how to install on their website. In short, clean all old glue off, wipe off and apply.

I did replace one covered under warranty, let's just say they are meant to stay once installed.

s_worty
02-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I had the dealership install, I had been working with them on platform rubber issues since I bought my boat, they were very accommodating...so I am not sure the procedures that were used...