PDA

View Full Version : X2 Bimini v fold down tower

g-mantrix
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi all, just wondering if any one with the 2007 style tower on an X2 or similar is able to fold the tower front legs with the Bimini still attached as the front legs close in as it's folded down. Would be useful as I park mine into a low height shed and it's a PITA removing and refitting Bimini... Thanks in advance as always

Millertime
02-07-2012, 11:53 PM
When I fold my tower, I unclip the legs of the bimini (one on either front leg). And let the bimini cover hold the bimini in place to the main part of the tower (I have to slide the bimini to one side). Then the front legs are free to swing down and the main part of the tower can swing back. Hope that makes sense. Mine is an 08 X2, I believe there the same tower.

onewheat
02-08-2012, 12:23 AM
The '07 doesn't attach to the main tower the same as the '08 does (I think). I do believe the X-2 is the same as the X-15 and while you could leave them attached, I think you could leave the Bimini attached, although you might want to put a strap around the Bimini and tower to hold them together at the top when you fold it. I always remove mine though. It only takes about 30 seconds to remove and a minute or two to slap back on.

g-mantrix
02-08-2012, 04:59 AM
The '07 doesn't attach to the main tower the same as the '08 does (I think). I do believe the X-2 is the same as the X-15 and while you could leave them attached, I think you could leave the Bimini attached, although you might want to put a strap around the Bimini and tower to hold them together at the top when you fold it. I always remove mine though. It only takes about 30 seconds to remove and a minute or two to slap back on.

correct, the 07 bimini in closed pos sits below top of tower, the 08 is level...not certain how leaving it attached to the front legs will allow the front legs to fold forward....perhaps as an idea attach a strap around the tower and bimini on either side and secure it that way whilst dettaching bimini :confused: