PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass Cruise Question

cmarston
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Anybody have experience using Perfect Pass Cruise in the slalom course. I am not an expert slalom skier, i.e., best is 36 at 28 off, so I don't need the best. Plus, I am getting older, so will likely be going to 34 mph soon.

Perfect Pass Cruise is a lot cheaper than the pro version. Any comments on whether it would be better than manual or would it be a waste of money to get it for using it in the course.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

h2oskifreak
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
28' off at 36 is nothing to take lightly. You will be deep into 32 or 35 when you slow to 34 mph. I am curious myself about the answer here as I am looking to buy another boat and most I see in my $ range do not have speed control on them, so I will be adding.

mark g
02-06-2012, 06:53 PM
used to have perfect pass pro on my old 88 prostar 190, it was good, when i bought the new boat 2005 prostar 197 it came with pp cruise, thought i was going to change it having been used to pro but it works prety good, no problems for wakeboarding and i feel it takes a little longer to settle for course skiing but more than good enough, not sure what the cost difference is if you are thinking of buying cruise, if i was to install i probably would go for the pro version just for the future resale value / appeal maybe.
i see myself as just an occasional slalom skier, (very occasional) so cruise is good enough for me.
One thing for sure you will not regret having perfect pass, marriage saver.

lettmeknow
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
28off @ 36 is pretty darn good for a novice! I'm sorry to doubt it, but if in fact your at that level , you should do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$ and get the full version. You wont have times, or be able to adjust for varying condtions with cruise.Plus unless your speedos are dead accurate, you won't even know what speed you set it at.

cmarston
02-06-2012, 10:11 PM
I grew up skiing but never used perfect pass in the course so best could have been a slow 36. :) I didn't think about the fact that if my speedos are off that would give you an inaccurate pull. Thanks for the feedback. How hard of an install is it?

east tx skier
02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
28off @ 36 is pretty darn good for a novice! I'm sorry to doubt it, but if in fact your at that level , you should do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$ and get the full version. You wont have times, or be able to adjust for varying condtions with cruise.Plus unless your speedos are dead accurate, you won't even know what speed you set it at.

This. If you're going to be using the boat in the course, go for the higher end system. You won't remember spending that money a year or so from now on a system specifically designed for the course.