PDA

View Full Version : Center Tab and Surf Tabs for X2

Michael Burrows
02-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Has anyone added a center tab and surf tabs (left and right) to an X2? My daughters are waterskiers, wakeboarders, and wakesurfers and we are interested in adding these features to our 2006 X2 boat. I have been told the center tab will smooth out the wake for waterskiing (allowing for a smaller wake to make cutting easier and sharper through the wake, is there a noticable difference?). I have also been told the surf tabs will provide a bigger wake for wakesurfing (is there a noticable difference?). Thanking you in advance for your insight!

mastercraft210
02-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Has anyone added a center tab and surf tabs (left and right) to an X2? My daughters are waterskiers, wakeboarders, and wakesurfers and we are interested in adding these features to our 2006 X2 boat. I have been told the center tab will smooth out the wake for waterskiing (allowing for a smaller wake to make cutting easier and sharper through the wake, is there a noticable difference?). I have also been told the surf tabs will provide a bigger wake for wakesurfing (is there a noticable difference?). Thanking you in advance for your insight!i only mount the parts and off course the improve the wakes.
it is possible on a 2006 x2 but you need some one with experiance in this.I mounted the surftabs on differend older models and they all work fine.

FourFourty
02-05-2012, 05:31 PM
To be honest, I didnt find that surf tabs helped very much for the surf wake on my X25. They do allow you to make very minor changes to the shape of the wake, however, proper weighting of the boat is the best way to improve your surf wake....

Center tab will help a little bit with the ski wake on an X2. It will also help with the ride in rougher water.

If I were you, I would invest in the center tab and a ballast system upgrade. Skip the surf tabs.

CantRepeat
02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Has anyone added a center tab and surf tabs (left and right) to an X2? My daughters are waterskiers, wakeboarders, and wakesurfers and we are interested in adding these features to our 2006 X2 boat. I have been told the center tab will smooth out the wake for waterskiing (allowing for a smaller wake to make cutting easier and sharper through the wake, is there a noticable difference?). I have also been told the surf tabs will provide a bigger wake for wakesurfing (is there a noticable difference?). Thanking you in advance for your insight!

There is a TT member, Pettee I believe that installed the surf tabs only to find out they didn't do much to change the surf wake.

Eric2010MCX2
02-06-2012, 05:59 AM
To be honest, I didnt find that surf tabs helped very much for the surf wake on my X25. They do allow you to make very minor changes to the shape of the wake, however, proper weighting of the boat is the best way to improve your surf wake....

Center tab will help a little bit with the ski wake on an X2. It will also help with the ride in rougher water.

If I were you, I would invest in the center tab and a ballast system upgrade. Skip the surf tabs.

Times 2..... We got the surf tabs and never use then... Waste of money.. We just figured out how to weight the boat...

Center att adjust. Plate we love for slaloming ad preventing porpoising.

davidstan
02-06-2012, 08:06 AM
For us the center plate is a must for skiing. We think it is approx 20 percent reduction in the wake in the ski area.

venetrex
02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I added the Wake plate(Center Tab) to my 2007 X2 and it's a huge difference. It even helps with surfing a bit. I am going to add the surf tabs because a friend of mine has a 2010 X2 with the surf tabs and I notice the difference in the wake when surfing. Just a little more push so I can get my 360's. The wake plate is going to set you back at lease $1500 and the surf tabs another $700 plus you'll need ballast upgrades. OUCH

kskonn
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I added the center tab, according to a couple of the mechanics at my dealer, they also board and surf the surf tabs do not make the surf wake larger it just moves or possibly lengthens the sweet spot. They did not reccomend them.

The attitude plate in the middle does to a good job of flattening out the wake for skiing.