PDA

View Full Version : Airguide Speedometer Replacement Lens

Classic Boatworks
02-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Hello All,

After much searching I have finally found a company that will make replacement lenses for Airguide speedometers. These replacement lenses will fit your 700 series (All chrome case with 4 color or black and white dial) and 2025 speedometers. Most 2025's have plastic lenses this is a GLASS replacement.

Needless to say the process is not cheap (MADE in the USA). I am offering a "pre-production" price to help make this project more affordable. $25 for undrilled and $30 for drilled.
If you are interested please contact me at coolboats@classicboatwork.com
I will send an invoice and update when I have more information on the time until delivery.

I had found some NOS lenses but they are gone.
Thank you,
Dean
Classic Boatworks

Jim@BAWS
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for stepping upto the plate to keep the CLASSIC PARTS available

Jim@BAWS

tph
02-06-2012, 02:38 AM
I think another member of the forum said that this company carries a glass lens that fits:

http://www.sciencestuff.com/prod/L-gs/1320

Classic Boatworks
02-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I think another member of the forum said that this company carries a glass lens that fits:

http://www.sciencestuff.com/prod/L-gs/1320
Thanks for the link. I can't tell if it is correct from the picture. If you look at your Airguide lenses you will note that they curve up from the sides and flatten on the top. I have not found this correct shape in any type of "clock" glass. The lenses curve up into a point or dome shape. Can anyone tell me if the lens in your link is the correct shape? I would be really happy to find a source at that price!
Thanks,
Dean

tph
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the link. I can't tell if it is correct from the picture. If you look at your Airguide lenses you will note that they curve up from the sides and flatten on the top. I have not found this correct shape in any type of "clock" glass. The lenses curve up into a point or dome shape. Can anyone tell me if the lens in your link is the correct shape? I would be really happy to find a source at that price!
Thanks,
Dean

I haven't been able to find the original post from the member who recommended these. You might consider purchasing one at that price.