PDA

View Full Version : Arbitrary moves are frustrating

ksdaoski
02-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I can post a tower question and it gets moved from the general, to a seldom used sub forum. Someone else can post a tower question, and it remains. Its quite arbitrary and inconsistent.

Quite frankly, EVERY question or thread could conceivably be moved out of the general and into a specific sub forum.

Inconsistencies in this policy only creates challenges in dispersing or finding information, and is a disservice, defeating the purpose of this message board-

CantRepeat
02-04-2012, 02:29 PM
In general, a question that has anything to do with technical or mechanic work will get moved to the maintenance section. IE should this tower have the braces put on it. In this case, it is technical question.

Question in general MC stuff like, have you seen the new tower wont get moved.

You are correct most post could and will get moved. It was the instructions by TTAdmin as the forums are now pushed via RSS to the Mastercraft Facebook. In order for those post to show on the MC FB page they need to be moved.

BrooksfamX2
02-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Ya, kinda the same with picture deletion based on a "family friendly" site guideline...........:o

CantRepeat
02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Ya, kinda the same with picture deletion based on a "family friendly" site guideline...........:o

Yup, sorry about that. You can always post them on DS. There would be many people happy to see them. ;)

vision
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I can post a tower question and it gets moved from the general, to a seldom used sub forum. Someone else can post a tower question, and it remains. Its quite arbitrary and inconsistent.

Quite frankly, EVERY question or thread could conceivably be moved out of the general and into a specific sub forum.

Inconsistencies in this policy only creates challenges in dispersing or finding information, and is a disservice, defeating the purpose of this message board-

Why there is even a policy or different forums is odd. All posts are indexed and there is really no reason to separate posts into different categories. I can see perhaps categories for For Sale, and Site Requests, along with one large General forum. But why bother paying some one or having some one review and categorized posts? It is a database, not a filing cabinet.

CantRepeat
02-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Why there is even a policy or different forums is odd. All posts are indexed and there is really no reason to separate posts into different categories. I can see perhaps categories for For Sale, and Site Requests, along with one large General forum. But why bother paying some one or having some one review and categorized posts? It is a database, not a filing cabinet.

Last I check, no one is getting paid to support this site.

Really, it's not that big a deal. TT is fed to the Mastercraft Facebook via RSS feeds and post are moved to the area that best fits the feeds and really is where the post should have been in the first place. It's really pretty cool, you should check out that site.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
In theory, it should make it a little easier to find something using the search function as well.