PDA

View Full Version : What graphic letters for an 03 Trailer?

georgea0731
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
MC dealer says my 03 trailer, trandem's decals are discontinued! I've found some decals on ebay. So I does anyone have the original part number for the OEM trailer decals?

So I'm looking at customizing the letters on the trailer to MATCH the lettering on the back of the boat. http://www.ebay.com/itm/190570381732?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Has anyone else done this? If so, any pictures?
I was also thinking about chrome letters to match the chrome wheels.
Is changing the lettering on a generic looking trailer going to hurt the resale someday? If so how much?
Any ideas or pictures would help.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Chrome letters would fantastic on a black trailer. I have to finish my trailer paint project and lettering and I will probably go with chrome. Great idea!

Jerseydave
02-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Check with Jim@BAWS, I think he can get anything made for you (he's currently making boat decals for my '93) You could also google "domed letters" or "domed numbers" for drip molded letters.

Your boat is awesome! Do those reg numbers have to be that large in your state? It would look better if they were small enough to fit in the white area and not go into the black stripe.

georgea0731
02-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure. Thanks for the suggestion. I know Jim can do magic. I'm just trying to find someone who's already done this. I guess I could be the first.

mikeg205
02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
you can download the actual lettering logo from brandsoftheworld.com.. the font is a modified hemi head. slight differences in the t's f' lower case e's and a's....

any good Adobe Illustrator user can modify the font to match the mastercraft actual font...then you can take the file to graphics shop to print you some decals. The only caveat is the OEM decals came off an offset press, on a special material which lasts longer than the vinyl you'll get at a print shop.

Nice idea for the chrome letters.