PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X30 LQ9 Surging Issues

liquidforce987
08-10-2005, 12:19 AM
We just bought a new 2006 X30 in June, and we are already having problems with it. If I am driving the boat at a constant speed, for example 4000 rpms, the boat will randomly slow down to about 3500 rpms for a minute or two, and then speed back up. It is almost like it chokes on bad gas for a while. Of course, PerfectPass is off. The boat has 50 hours on it. It does this when the boat has no ballast in it. Has anyone else had a similiar problem? On a side note, I am also having problems with the boat getting up to wakeboard speed with the ballast full, and two people in it.

6ballsisall
08-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Liquid, welcome to ths site and sorry you found it on poor terms.

There is at least one member on here with the LQ9 that can probably share similar stories of issues.

Rod? you there?

erkoehler
08-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Dude, get that boat back to the dealer ASAP!!! And have ALL issues documented. The more paper trail you create the better off you will be in the long run.

I hope it turns out to be something simple, but from the stories I have heard from Rod.....I'm sorry :(

bigmac
08-10-2005, 12:49 AM
We just bought a new 2006 X30 in June, and we are already having problems with it. If I am driving the boat at a constant speed, for example 4000 rpms, the boat will randomly slow down to about 3500 rpms for a minute or two, and then speed back up. It is almost like it chokes on bad gas for a while. Of course, PerfectPass is off. The boat has 50 hours on it. It does this when the boat has no ballast in it. Has anyone else had a similiar problem? On a side note, I am also having problems with the boat getting up to wakeboard speed with the ballast full, and two people in it.

That sounds like fuel filter or maybe fuel pump. I've been there - new fuel pump cured it.

PendO
08-10-2005, 01:12 AM
Sorry for your problems, I would definitely get that thing back to the dealer (as suggested) ... where are you from? Also, just from reading other posts here and on the www.mymastercraft.com website the fuel filter / fuel pump sound like a good place to start ... as for not having the torque to get up to speed, I trust that this was not the case when the boat was brand new? When did the problem start to manifest itself?

As previously mentioned I am not mechanic ... that said ... could somone comment on whether his problem with the drop in RPM's could be symptomatic of a problem with the throttle position sensor?

Just wondering b/c we had a truck (IHC DT 466 - so a bit different engine) in the shop that had a similar issue as far as just dropping RPM's.

Sorry for the lack of real knowledge.

You may want to read the following post

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3554

As I belive this person had some similar issues.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3672

and here is another post that may be helpfull

mlimbeck
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Please tell me more. We are looking into trading our 2001 X-10 in for a 2006 X-30. Help...we love the X-10 but crave more room for family/friends. We also have a nine year old girl who just started to jump the wake of the X-10 and we don't want to scare her either.

liquidforce987
08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Wow you will never guess what the problem was. The wingnuts on the battery were not tight enough and the ECM was throwing all sorts of errors when it would loose power. So it is fixed. Overall, I love the boat it is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking at it.