Farmer Ted
08-10-2005, 12:00 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/aug05/345431.asp

6ballsisall
08-10-2005, 12:07 AM
That guy is a piece of work :rant:

erkoehler
08-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Not sure how he had all the time to do so many root canals and design the system to move the buoys during the tourny :purplaugh

LakePirate
08-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Those damn waterskiers....disturbing the fish.

Mag_Red
08-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Maybe I better rethink my wriiting the houseboat off as a storage facility for paint equipment. :D :rant: I swear there's a paint brush and a ladder down there ;)

6ballsisall
08-10-2005, 12:13 AM
My money bets on his practice closing within the next year for one of the following reasons:

1. Loss of license. Not due to his waterskiing issues but investigation into his practice

2. He skips/moves out of town. For his kids sake I hope he does this

3. Insurance companies stop doing biz with him and he closes his practice due to not making and $$

6ballsisall
08-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Maybe I better rethink my wriiting the houseboat off as a storage facility for paint equipment. :D :rant: I swear there's a paint brush and a ladder down there ;)

Not a bad idea. You can write it off as a second residences. Also, why not write it off as an entertainment expense? I'll be your client, I've got some paint touchup you can do :D

parks_jr_55
08-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't think it will be too bad for his kids sake.

They go to a school called University Lake School which is private and has very small class sizes. They are not in a public school with large classes. I know someone who goes there and he said that his class size is somethign like 14.

6ballsisall
08-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Can you imagine the amount of hate mail and phone calls me must be getting.

Me thinks he turned his spam blocker up REALLY high after this whole blowup

parks_jr_55
08-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Check out these tuition costs.
Thats higher than most 4 year colleges, I think.

http://www.universitylake.org/Admissions/tuition.asp

Check out the price for a half day of kindergarten.

6ballsisall
08-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Wowsers!! No wonder he does so many root canals!! :purplaugh

parks_jr_55
08-10-2005, 12:54 AM
This would make a great license plate for Doc.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/Betterlicense.jpg

RickDV
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
My money bets on his practice closing within the next year for one of the following reasons:

1. Loss of license. Not due to his waterskiing issues but investigation into his practice

2. He skips/moves out of town. For his kids sake I hope he does this

3. Insurance companies stop doing biz with him and he closes his practice due to not making and $$

Methinks he will skip town and change his name (again) and open shop somewhere else.

ski_king
08-10-2005, 09:34 AM
If you go to this link (http://www.drmichaelsdentalcare.com/patient_form.pdf) and click on his name at the end, you will see his email address.

I wonder if it still works?

tex
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
I hope the next time he has to go see a dentist-the dentist just ran 28 off and is pissed!

pilot02
08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
If you go to this link (http://www.drmichaelsdentalcare.com/patient_form.pdf) and click on his name at the end, you will see his email address.

I wonder if it still works?

Why doesn't everyone here just try it....

drmike@execpc.com

H2OGirl
08-10-2005, 09:56 AM
I can't believe the guy honestly thought he could get away with it!! He can't be too smart.

captkidd
08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
This would make a great license plate for Doc.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/vw_wr/drjim12.jpg

Yeah, not only is he a cheat, he can't spell "Buoy".

6ballsisall
08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
JM= Pudd whacker :rolleyes:

TMC
08-11-2005, 12:57 PM
What kind of boat does he use?? :D :D

parks_jr_55
08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah, not only is he a cheat, he can't spell "Buoy".

It was late that night and I was tired.

This one looks a little better.

He used to have a Nautique 196 but I belive that after hosting the Malibu Open, Malibu was going to give him one of the boats used, I think that was pulled after being caught.

6ballsisall
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Glad to hear MC wasn't sponsoring that whacko!!

parks_jr_55
08-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Got this off of Schnitz Skis

A WEEKEND IN MILWAUKEE 7/28/03

I spent this past weekend in Dousman, Wisconsin, a small town about 30 minutes outside Milwaukee. I was in Dousman helping the current Men IV Slalom Record holder, Dr. Jim Michaels and his skiing partner, Jeff Maier get their skis set up and also working with them on their technique. Dr. Michaels is planning yet another assault on the Men IV record in August. When I arrived, Dr. Michael’s told me of Jeff’s incredible eleven set day the prior weekend which I found incomprehensible. Just prior to starting our day, Brent Larsen, the father of Britt and Tawn, the incredible twin trick skiing sisters who dominated the sport in the 80’s and 90’s showed up. You might think of Brent as a “TRICK COACH” but forget about that! Brent has been working with Doc for a number of years now. You see, not only is Brent a trick ski coach, he is also a “SNOW SKI COACH”. Brent understands, sees and thinks in terms of “STACKING, CENTER OF MASS, BASE OF SUPPORT, TRIANGULATION” and so on. Brent has produced and is producing what he refers to as “GHOSTING VIDEOS” where he overlays one skier on top of another. Brent is to this type of waterskiing analysis, what I am to fin tuning. I have in fact suggested to Brent that he start a waterskiing directed, snow ski coaching facility where he teaches water skiers the basics and fundamentals of snow skiing as they directly relate to water skiing as well as much more advanced philosophies and techniques. As water skiers, we need to start thinking on a totally different level and Brent can take us there.

We started out skiing about 9 AM Saturday morning, Doc and Jeff the only 2 skiers except for the one set wonder of Todd Weber whose absolute love of waterskiing and intensity were unbelievable (Todd went on the very next day, Sunday to win the State's and set a new personal best of 1/2 @ 41 off)! About 6:00 that evening we were through, Doc and Jeff having each done 7 sets! And we’re talking short line lengths, testing fins, wings and binding locations every set and taking every set up into and through, 38 -39 and 41 off. Yes, 41 off which Doc ran on his 6th set out! Jeff ran 38 every set and deep 39 on most. I have never witnessed skiing of this magnitude and intensity in all my 25 years of competition, practice and coaching. I’ve skied 5 set days and heard of 6, maybe 7 but the very next day, Doc and Jeff were again hammering away at their 41’s and 39’s, each and every one of their 9 sets Sunday. I told Doc and Jeff I had never seen anything like this, ever! Doc said that in other sports, people train very, very hard. They take their training seriously. He said that most of the people who call themselves competitors take their 1-2 or 3 sets a day and that’s it. They’re pot bellied and call themselves competitors! But not Doc! 7 sets a day! 9 sets a day. And on top of all this, Doc has a gym complete with machines and free weights and a separate padded room complete with heavy and speed bags. Doc takes this and everything else he does seriously. He’s a former Judo champion and won the Reno air races in 2000 in his P-51 Mustang. In business too, Doc leaves his competition shaking their heads. Yes, this guy is competitive! So a message to all of you wanna be National Record holders, either exceed Jim’s level of commitment or you might as well sit this battle out.

6ballsisall
08-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Got this off of Schnitz Skis

A WEEKEND IN MILWAUKEE 7/28/03

I spent this past weekend in Dousman, Wisconsin, a small town about 30 minutes outside Milwaukee. I was in Dousman helping the current Men IV Slalom Record holder, Dr. Jim Michaels and his skiing partner, Jeff Maier get their skis set up and also working with them on their technique. Dr. Michaels is planning yet another assault on the Men IV record in August. When I arrived, Dr. Michael’s told me of Jeff’s incredible eleven set day the prior weekend which I found incomprehensible. Just prior to starting our day, Brent Larsen, the father of Britt and Tawn, the incredible twin trick skiing sisters who dominated the sport in the 80’s and 90’s showed up. You might think of Brent as a “TRICK COACH” but forget about that! Brent has been working with Doc for a number of years now. You see, not only is Brent a trick ski coach, he is also a “SNOW SKI COACH”. Brent understands, sees and thinks in terms of “STACKING, CENTER OF MASS, BASE OF SUPPORT, TRIANGULATION” and so on. Brent has produced and is producing what he refers to as “GHOSTING VIDEOS” where he overlays one skier on top of another. Brent is to this type of waterskiing analysis, what I am to fin tuning. I have in fact suggested to Brent that he start a waterskiing directed, snow ski coaching facility where he teaches water skiers the basics and fundamentals of snow skiing as they directly relate to water skiing as well as much more advanced philosophies and techniques. As water skiers, we need to start thinking on a totally different level and Brent can take us there.

We started out skiing about 9 AM Saturday morning, Doc and Jeff the only 2 skiers except for the one set wonder of Todd Weber whose absolute love of waterskiing and intensity were unbelievable (Todd went on the very next day, Sunday to win the State's and set a new personal best of 1/2 @ 41 off)! About 6:00 that evening we were through, Doc and Jeff having each done 7 sets! And we’re talking short line lengths, testing fins, wings and binding locations every set and taking every set up into and through, 38 -39 and 41 off. Yes, 41 off which Doc ran on his 6th set out! Jeff ran 38 every set and deep 39 on most. I have never witnessed skiing of this magnitude and intensity in all my 25 years of competition, practice and coaching. I’ve skied 5 set days and heard of 6, maybe 7 but the very next day, Doc and Jeff were again hammering away at their 41’s and 39’s, each and every one of their 9 sets Sunday. I told Doc and Jeff I had never seen anything like this, ever! Doc said that in other sports, people train very, very hard. They take their training seriously. He said that most of the people who call themselves competitors take their 1-2 or 3 sets a day and that’s it. They’re pot bellied and call themselves competitors! But not Doc! 7 sets a day! 9 sets a day. And on top of all this, Doc has a gym complete with machines and free weights and a separate padded room complete with heavy and speed bags. Doc takes this and everything else he does seriously. He’s a former Judo champion and won the Reno air races in 2000 in his P-51 Mustang. In business too, Doc leaves his competition shaking their heads. Yes, this guy is competitive! So a message to all of you wanna be National Record holders, either exceed Jim’s level of commitment or you might as well sit this battle out.

Yeah............right............. (in my best doctor evil voice)

Ric
01-26-2006, 04:09 PM
New Poster I found on Nicholls (http://eclipse.nicholls.edu/cgi-bin/BBS/webbbs_config.pl?noframes;read=14369)

rodltg2
01-26-2006, 04:23 PM
thats a good one.

Kevin 89MC
01-26-2006, 05:38 PM
That's a good one! Hadn't seen this thread before. Not to dredge up too much of this, but here's one question I'm not sure I ever saw addressed. I would think as a boat driver or spotter, wouldn't the closeness of the buoys been evident? Maybe not, but I'd think I'd notice if someone moved the buoys in on a course that I drove or observed. Especially the professional drivers/judges who do this for a living. :confused:

Cloaked
01-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Misery loves company. I'm not clicking.

*phQQk* him a long time ago....

Ric
01-26-2006, 06:24 PM

ok but if you dont you will miss a funny

Cloaked
01-26-2006, 06:40 PM
ok but if you dont you will miss a funnyI can't.. :D It's just not in me... But I feel yEr gig... :D

You coming to Mag-maylay?

ski_king
01-26-2006, 06:47 PM

No need to click.....
http://waterski.nicholls.edu/waterski/pictures/pic14369.jpg

6ballsisall
04-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Anybody heard anything new about this yahoo? I was just reading an old post on the waterskimag board about him and got a chuckle.

3event
03-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Remember Dr. Jim ?????

Back in the news, such troubles..... check the article linked, and enjoy the quote:

"Granted, I royally screwed up when I did that water ski thing," he said Wednesday. "I feel bad about that. I can't compete for five more years. That's the price I paid, and I'm willing to take my lumps."

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=571948

JimN
03-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Is it just me, or does this guy have PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! written all over him?

shepherd
03-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Disregarding who this guy is, I can imagine the bull**** this guy has to go through to get a permit to use his personal helicopter at his house. More massive bureucratic red tape and (I'm sure) whiny neighbors. In that respect, he has my sympathy.

3event
03-01-2007, 10:41 AM
and who would actually use the chopper to fly daughter to the custard stand across the street from school ???

yep, JimN, it's all about ME !

shepherd
03-01-2007, 10:51 AM
and who would actually use the chopper to fly daughter to the custard stand across the street from school ???

Not me. I would have landed that sucker in the custard stand's parking lot!. :D

JimN
03-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Unless he has enough acreage, having a chopper next door isn't my idea of Paradise. He doesn't seem too interested in letting the process take it's course and if he stopped flying until the permits are in, it may take less time. I don't like paying permit fees and having restrictions any more than anyone else but c'mon, who thinks building a helipad is and flying a chopper in a residential area is gonna happen without needing permits and special permission?

Mag_Red
03-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Reminds me of the guy at our marina that used to land his helicopter on his houseboat. Sure it's cool and all, but come on..who really wants some fella landing one of those things 15' from your 1/2 million dollor boat??? He moved his boat to another marina thank god:rolleyes:

shepherd
03-01-2007, 11:19 AM
46 acres is a pretty big residential lot. I just assumed he could locate his helipad somewhere on his property that wouldn't affect his neighbors except for the occasional noise. We have 1/4 acre lots on my street. If my next door neighbor decided to build a helipad, I would probably have a problem with that.

btw, I'm not saying this guy is smart... :rolleyes:

rodltg2
03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
obviously this guy has tons of money, do dentists really make this much? or is he involved in some other business ventures? that or he comes from money..

east tx skier
03-01-2007, 12:17 PM
obviously this guy has tons of money, do dentists really make this much? or is he involved in some other business ventures? that or he comes from money..

They certainly don't do badly.

phecksel
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
One of the articles explained he has a high root canal rate as a general dentist, so high the state was investigating.

rcnjson
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I remember, as a kid, my dad always used to say," hit 'em long and straight Doc!" as we were leaving the dentist's office. I think it was a jab at the dentist, no, wait, I'm sure it was a jab at the dentist. Implying that he didn't work much and did golf a lot. So I think all the questions about having time to do this and not having time to do that in the news paper articles are kind of funny. They assume that this dentist gig is really time consuming.

Dr. Cheat's compound is pretty close to where I work. There isn't a chance that he has an afternoon ski group lesson or something is there? I mean he could set that course on FULL CHEAT and it would make a rookie like me look pretty good.
k

bigmac
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
obviously this guy has tons of money, do dentists really make this much? or is he involved in some other business ventures? that or he comes from money..Nah...he has some other source of income. I don't care how many root canals he does, we're talking 46 acres, private ski lake and a helicopter. No way.

Datdude
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
LeDuc's Custard is totally worth getting busted for:uglyhamme

I remeber a few years ago Harry Quadracci (owns Quad Graphics) got in trouble by the village of Chenequa for landing his helicopter at his house on Pine Lake. At least Dr. Cheat has 46 acres and is probably not landing 100' away from someone's $3m house:cool:

rcnjson
03-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah,
Apparently the village of Chenequa is not one you want to "F" with, they found Quadracci floating under his pier.

Maristar210
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Nah...he has some other source of income. I don't care how many root canals he does, we're talking 46 acres, private ski lake and a helicopter. No way.

I agree. That's a different level of income. More like a surgeon :D

Ric
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
We learned from Bill Clinton that Character does not matter. Whatever happened in that waterski thing was probably an isolated action and we cannot possibly think that this guy has or would do any other underhanded things to get ahead :rolleyes:

Maristar210
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
We learned from Bill Clinton that Character does not matter. Whatever happened in that waterski thing was probably an isolated action and we cannot possibly think that this guy has or would do any other underhanded things to get ahead :rolleyes:

Here here

/Clinton hater

bigmac
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I agree. That's a different level of income. More like a surgeon :DA surgeon with a law degree, maybe...

east tx skier
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I think I recall reading that he had a good deal of familial wealth.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Is famlial really a word East????:confused: :confused:

Mag_Red
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Is famlial really a word East????:confused: :confused:Sure it is............let me translate for yoopers............It means his family had money. :D

03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Sure it is............let me translate for yoopers............It means his family had money. :D
Thanks Mag! you are a good pal. Glad you speak Yoopanese. You can be my translater when I travel abroad. :D

JimN
03-02-2007, 02:16 AM
By "abroad", I assume you mean "Go across the bridge", right?

03-02-2007, 10:37 AM
By "abroad", I assume you mean "Go across the bridge", right?
Why certainly Jim! ANything over da bridge is "abroad". Its scary when you cross that bridge. :cool:

MichaelsThorn
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
:rolleyes: He sure has been advertising quite a bit lately in the local papers and flyers, maybe he's hurting for patients? He already got into trouble with the FAA but I guess they gave him a silly little fine. What's 100 bucks to a smart guy like the Doc?