PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something (fuel filter)

03geetee
01-25-2012, 04:42 PM
I have one small inline fuel filter on one side of the fuel cell just after the line exits the tank and cannot find any other filters there after. Am I missing something or is that the only filter on this boat for the norm?

JTR

waterlogged882
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I have one small inline fuel filter on one side of the fuel cell just after the line exits the tank and cannot find any other filters there after. Am I missing something or is that the only filter on this boat for the norm?

JTROne filter as far as I know. That is an odd location..... Most of the 79 - 85s I have seen, the fuel filter is mounted on the port stringer adjacent to the oil filter.

liledgy
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
My 83 had the filter (canister) right next to the tank, pretty tight fit. My buddy's 83 1/2 had it below the fuel pump on the stringer, like the 84 and 85's. It was also a smaller canister.

03geetee
01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
My 83 had the filter (canister) right next to the tank, pretty tight fit. My buddy's 83 1/2 had it below the fuel pump on the stringer, like the 84 and 85's. It was also a smaller canister.

Cool yours is like mine then, small inline filter just behind the rear panel on top of the tank it self. Nothing along the stringers, just thought I was the only crazy guy with just one.

JTR

liledgy
01-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I was going to change out the canister to the smaller one for ease of removal but never got around to it. If I remember it was pretty cheap.