PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor Party

jhall0711
01-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey wanted to know if anyone has any ideas as to a good lake in the northeast area to go get a cabin and camp for my buddies bachleor party. we are located in north east ohio. Not looking to travel more than prolly 5 hours. Looking for a place where mass alcohol consumption and loudness will be ok, but we are very respectful of property itself and would not be a liability lol. Have two mastercrafts we will be taking (My 89 190 and my buddies 94 Maristar 200) and looking for a lake we can do it all on (ski, board, and yes... even tube).

Any input would be great

Thanks

Barefooter92
01-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Lake James is the place to go! First exit off the Indiana Turnpike at the Ohio/Indiana state line.

Double D
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Sounds like fun! Can I come?? :)

captain planet
01-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Windsor Canada.

jhall0711
01-20-2012, 03:23 PM
I will look into Lake James

Unfortunately not all of us have passports and we are all poor so not willing to invest in them for a bachelor party.

I always wonder why someone has to get married to have a bachelor party..... everyone wants to go to them all the time... wedding or not :D

jhall0711
01-20-2012, 03:31 PM
barefooter.... any suggestions on where i would look to rent a house for the wknd there with docks??

fstaslp
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Check VRBO.com I rented a place there and it was a great deal.

MIskier
01-20-2012, 04:57 PM
barefooter.... any suggestions on where i would look to rent a house for the wknd there with docks??

When are you looking to do the party? We rent our cottage out during the summer months. 1500 per week, lake front with dock and 4000lb lift. We are on Little Field lake near Mt. Pleasent, MI.

GT500 MC
01-20-2012, 05:12 PM
MIskier - You're on Littlefield??? My sister and her family live about two miles to the east of there. We go back every summer and spend at least a few days out there. Usually pretty quiet. They're good friends with the folks that are tucked back in the NW cove area up the hill. Where are you on the lake?

MIskier
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM
We are the second to the last house in the Westview shores subdivision, so the south east corner of the lake. Yeah its quiet during the week, and then rowdy as heck on the weekends. I spend alot of time boarding and skiing with Cy Tope (used to run the 40th X-Star out there) and Reihl's.

MIskier
01-20-2012, 05:52 PM
View looking from our porch to the North West

jhall0711
01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
When are you looking to do the party? We rent our cottage out during the summer months. 1500 per week, lake front with dock and 4000lb lift. We are on Little Field lake near Mt. Pleasent, MI.

Do you rent for wknds? We will be looking for a Friday afternoon - Sunday type deal either in June or July

Would def. be interested in your place if that could work

MIskier
01-20-2012, 05:56 PM
We may be able to work something out in that time frame. Keep me posted, and send me a PM with your contact info.

Jerseydave
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Houseboat rentals in western PA

http://www.7pointsmarina.com/

We've rented these 4 different times, nothing like waking up to glass water!

bbymgr
01-20-2012, 06:45 PM
If you are interested in Lake James, then also look at Snow Lake and Jimmerson Lake since they are all attached to each other.

fstaslp
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah we were on snow lake now that you mention it.

Barefooter92
01-20-2012, 10:22 PM
We found our place on www.lakehouse.com but we purchased the site does claim to rent. Also check local realtors RWCB (coldwell banker) may have sites. I am here this weekend now I will keep my eye out for some advertisements locally.

James is the third largest fresh lake in IN it also is attached to Jimmerson, Snow, and (2) Otter Lakes. This creates great shoreline exploring. Large sand bar beaches and people

BBYMGR may chime in here he is a local resident.

bbymgr
01-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Not sure what boat you would be bringing, but their are low bridges in the channels from Jimmerson and the Otters so you would have to lower a tower. Also, it is about a 30 minute channel ride from Otters to James. If you are going on the weekend, then you need to hit the water early for anything even remotely skiable. Or you can also get some good water late in the evening. On the plus side is the sand bar. One big party on the weekends. Just the place for a Bachelor party.

cdstukey
01-20-2012, 10:56 PM
You gotta love a lake that you can boat over to the doughnut shop after your morning sets. What I would give for an apple filled from Tom's right now.

Barefooter92
01-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Yep, Tom Doughnts is still there!

sand2snow22
01-21-2012, 12:34 AM
We may be able to work something out in that time frame. Keep me posted, and send me a PM with your contact info.

I've had Bachelor parties at our lake cabin. Never again. I especially wouldn't 'rent' our cabin out for a bachelor party. No offense to the OP.

jhall0711
01-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Yea like I said... Be bringing an 89 prostar 190 and 94 maristar.... neither with towers so bridge clearance would not be an issue. It sounds like it might be the perfect set up... wake up.... ski hard.... then party harder..... Sounds like an excellent bachleor party to me.

Once again though... any specific contacts would be much appreciated. Looking for a Fri-Sun in June or July. If anyone knows of anything on this lake chain please let me know...

PS to all that help I can promise an ample amount of as borderline inappropriate photos from beach parties as possible:D:D

Footin
01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Sounds like fun! Can I come?? :)

I'll pick you up , we can carpool.

Double D
01-21-2012, 12:04 PM

Sounds Good!!!:D

jhall0711
01-21-2012, 01:50 PM
sounds like we need to have a team talk bachelor party :D:D

bbymgr
01-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Yea like I said... Be bringing an 89 prostar 190 and 94 maristar.... neither with towers so bridge clearance would not be an issue. It sounds like it might be the perfect set up... wake up.... ski hard.... then party harder..... Sounds like an excellent bachleor party to me.

Once again though... any specific contacts would be much appreciated. Looking for a Fri-Sun in June or July. If anyone knows of anything on this lake chain please let me know...

PS to all that help I can promise an ample amount of as borderline inappropriate photos from beach parties as possible:D:D

I know a few people with rentals and will do some checking. How many people are you talking, and how many bedrooms do you want?

jhall0711
01-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I know a few people with rentals and will do some checking. How many people are you talking, and how many bedrooms do you want?

Sent you a PM

jhall0711
01-21-2012, 04:46 PM

Hey man Im actually in Columbus myself currently for school... I can be one huge car pool from C bus....:D

jakethebt
01-21-2012, 06:48 PM
You can not go wrong on Lake James. It is an AWESOME chain of lakes. There is also a bar and grill near Tom's Donuts that you can boat to. It is across the street. I have seen people tie up at some docks in the channel.

As for ski water, you will have to get up early. You can usually find some decent water on Snow lake. It has a lot of reeds so it is good for calming down the waves and usually the best for sking. If you are going for some tubing, you will not be dissapointed with the waves in the middle of the day on James.

Good info on the towers and the bridge. You WILL have to lower them to get to Jimmerson, but if you stay on James there is really no need...

There is also a nice state campground on the lake too. You could check into that.

And yes, the sand bar is a huge party place known to the locals as "Peeville"...