PDA

View Full Version : How to clean and wax the hull bottom?

Tomi
01-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Ok, I need some advise. How am I going to buff and wax the bottom of the boat? I sits on a trailer and is pretty damn heavy. What is the tip on getting also the trailer bunk areas cleaned and waxed?

I have the boat now in winter storage in a huge old factory with some serious lifts (7000kg) on the ceiling. But where to lift (the sticker at the rear says tow eyes are not for lifting) and moreover, I would not be comfortable working under it while it is hanging on a lift.

Oh, and this is -03 PS 190, blue and white with nasty near black hull bottom (need good sanding work, not just shower and go).

-Tomi

Tomi
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Never mind... this thread seems to cover the same topic more or less.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14879&highlight=buff+hull+bottom

But since I wasted you time and made you look, please comment on the lifting points if you have some insights to it.

psychobilly
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I like doing everything myself, so I spend one whole days doing 4 compounds of 3M... That was the sides, top sides, and stern. But when it came to the bottom I took it to the lake to "The Boat Guys" and they put her on a lift and done the bottom for me fer a 100 bux...

mikeg205
01-17-2012, 11:46 PM
I like the idea of taking it to a marina... portable lift 2K... a bunch of good jacks about a $100 + worries... $100 bucks at marina... clean shiny hull and piece of mind... :D :D.... all good suggestions.. and some innovative ideas...

psychobilly
01-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Take a look here

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=710756&postcount=40

well werth the 100 bux! :-) I didn't have to do nut'n but pull'er in there! and it was only on teh straps for about 2 hours.....

gts-20
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
psychobilly,

Were you happy with "The Boat Guys" service? I had some gelcoat repairs done on the bottom of our PS214 hull this winter and I'm looking for someone to buff it out and wax it. Did you take your boat to Stowaway for them to do the job?