PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto steering wheel cap fix

02ProstarSammyD
01-16-2012, 12:19 PM
So like some others here I was missing my steering wheel center cap. I didn't really feel like spending 50 bucks on a new one so I went on a mission. I mean 50 bucks is alot of PBR in my house. Found a 2" pvc plastic pipe cap that fit perfectly inside of the steering wheel. had to go to another store to find one without stamped lettering but they do fit perfectly inside of it. Hit it with some krylon fusion and wam bam had a 30 cent black plastic cap that fits on the interior of the steering wheel. Its not some fancy cnc nice cap but it covers up the steering wheel nut and looks good

Just thought I'd share my ghetto solution that actually looks like a stock cap. Will get some pics up asap.

jakethebt
01-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Cant wait for pics of this one...

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
And This Is On A Sammy Duvall Edition Boat??? GOTTA DO WHAT WORKS! POST UP SOME PICS!

02ProstarSammyD
01-17-2012, 07:50 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=500&pictureid=3756

[And This Is On A Sammy Duvall Edition Boat??? GOTTA DO WHAT WORKS! POST UP SOME PICS!

Last time I checked all I got different with my sammy d was a screwy engine package, aluminum trim, and some crappy embroidery on craptastic 2002 vinyl :) . I'm not afraid to say I'll take a 30 cent fix over a 50 dollar fix. 50 bucks more torwards something functional like more ballast and stargazer :)

sorry for the crappy pic. My garage is half lit and the boat is pretty much in winter tear down mode waiting for my new goodies to show up

03 35th Anniversary
01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
So like some others here I was missing my steering wheel center cap. I didn't really feel like spending 50 bucks on a new one so I went on a mission. I mean 50 bucks is alot of PBR in my house. Found a 2" pvc plastic pipe cap that fit perfectly inside of the steering wheel. had to go to another store to find one without stamped lettering but they do fit perfectly inside of it. Hit it with some krylon fusion and wam bam had a 30 cent black plastic cap that fits on the interior of the steering wheel. Its not some fancy cnc nice cap but it covers up the steering wheel nut and looks good

Just thought I'd share my ghetto solution that actually looks like a stock cap. Will get some pics up asap.

I love PBR!!!!

The Hooters here in Chattanooga has it on tap and in the bottle!

02ProstarSammyD
01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Try my drink invention. Take a pbr can, crack it, and line the lip with texas pete. Its awesome and we appropriately named it the Pabst Smear

O2BESOHUGE
01-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Looks Good Man! And You Have $49 Left To Play With!