PDA

View Full Version : 2003 X2 Tower Squeak

Nutter281
01-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey Guys -

Just knocking off some winter projects on the weekends and I'm trying to tackle the tower squeak on the stock 03 X2 tower. I can take pictures, but essentially it seems to be coming from the main hinge point where the tower rotates to lay down. Seems to be loose and I'm curious if any of you have experienced/solved this type of squeak? My first thought would be the addition of some type of plastic/urethane washer between the hinge bolts - does anybody make something for this?

Thanks,
Austin

russlars
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Mine used to squeak also. Go down to the hardware store and pick up some nylon washers of the proper size and place them in the joint. If the squeak is coming from there they will cure it.

JRW160
01-17-2012, 12:02 PM
I believe there are supposed to be nylon washers there. They are there on mine.

Nutter281
01-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I've got Nylon washers at the two rear connection points, but not at the hinge joint - checked home depot and ACE, but didn't have any nylon washers that were bigger than ~1/2". Any good sources for those or just scour the internet?

Austin

russlars
01-17-2012, 10:48 PM
I've got Nylon washers at the two rear connection points, but not at the hinge joint - checked home depot and ACE, but didn't have any nylon washers that were bigger than ~1/2". Any good sources for those or just scour the internet?

Austin
The squeak on my tower was coming from the front hinge point also. I found mine at a local hardware store that stocks drawers of various hardware, screws, bolts, etc.