PDA

View Full Version : 12V outlet

Lakeside09
01-14-2012, 07:59 PM
The 12V outlet under my back seat isn't very powerful... but the one under my dash supplies normal efficent power. What should I be looking at here... just replace it?

Cloaked
01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
The 12V outlet under my back seat isn't very powerful... but the one under my dash supplies normal efficent power. What should I be looking at here... just replace it?
Replacing it may or may not be the ticket. I'd consider a heavier gauge wire to carry the load for the distance to the rear of the boat...

Jerseydave
01-14-2012, 08:26 PM

Check it with a volt meter. If it's a lot less than 12V, check the connections at the back of the outlet. Maybe one of the 2 wires is not making good contact, or is corroded. You could check the voltage at those wires too....maybe the problem is a bad outlet.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
You should also check to see that the wiring is free. Could be a wire got pinched somewhere along the line.