PDA

View Full Version : 1992-1993 Pro Star With Walk Through Windshield

O2BESOHUGE
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Whats The Best Way To Get All The Seats Taken Out Of The Bow? Im Gong This Weekend To Help My Uncle With His Boat And Never Dealt With Taking The Seats Out

Any Tips? Special Tools? Or Do I Just Crawl In There And Loosen Bolts?

Thanks!
Jay

O2BESOHUGE
01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Also Need The Bracket That Goes On The Inside Of The Left Windshield. His Is Missing And The Windshield Is Loose. Does Anyone Know Where I Can Find Parts For This Or Is It Just Big Flat Washer And Nut Time Under The Dash?

O2BESOHUGE
01-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Anyone? ?

CantRepeat
01-10-2012, 08:14 AM
I'm guessing most people aren't up or have left for work.

I thought the front seats had plastic christmas tree type push in holders on them.

You should be able to get the windshield support leg from Lex at Rambo Marine.

east tx skier
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm guessing most people aren't up or have left for work.

I thought the front seats had plastic christmas tree type push in holders on them.

You should be able to get the windshield support leg from Lex at Rambo Marine.

This. What exactly are you trying to do? Just fix the walkthru piece?

mikeg205
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
`+1 on cant's advice. Just pull on the bow cushion until you can see where the plastic plugs are. then just pull the cushion near the plugs... I actually slid in a piece of oak floor trim to add a support against the plastic of the cushion...they pop out pretty easily. you can get the new plugs at the auto parts store. The cushions against the helm are bolted on mine.

O2BESOHUGE
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks Guys! I Had No Idea Where To Start With The Bow Cushions And Didnt Want To Mess It Up Right Off The Bat!

east tx skier
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
I'll ask again, what is the project? Are you recovering the seats?

O2BESOHUGE
01-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Sorry East Tx Skier...yes Its My Uncles Boat And Hes Having The Seats Redone And He Asked Me To Take Them All Out For Him. Im Heading Over There This Weekend If The Weather Is Good Enough And Not Raining.

HIS LEFT WINDSHIELD PIECE IS LOOSE AND I DONT KNWO IF PIECES ARE MISSING OR WHAT TILLI GET OVER THERE AND SEE. ILL TAKE SOME PICS FOR YOU GUYS TOO...

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Well....got The Seats And Everything Out. Man There Was More To It Than I Thought. It Wasnt That Bad But I Just Hope I Can Get It All Back Together!! Thanks Everyone For The Tips!

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok...heres Pics...with Another Problem!! I Dont Know If You Can See Or Not...my Uncle Has The Boat On A Lift. Its Been Sitting In This Lift For Some Time Now. Its The Kind Of Lift That Has Straps From The Bottom And Holds The Boat In A "sling"

Well The Problem Is...its Sandwiching The Boat Like A Taco And The Windshield In The Walk Through Portion Of The Boat Will Not Fit Between The Driver And Passenger Glass Any More. It OVERLAPS THE DRIVERS SIDE BY 2 INCHES!!. Meaning The Boat Is Getting Squeezed From The Straps Holding It. We Are Changing The Lift To A Lift From The Bottom Where The Boat Site On It Like The Trailer Runners And Hopefully Yhe Boat Will Settle Back. Anyone Ever See This Before?

Thanks Guys!!

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Heres The Pic Of It Where I Took Seats Out Too....you Can See The 6 Inch Wide Straps Holding The Boat

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Another Shot Of The Bow With The Cushions Out

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Im Going To Wet Sand And Buff The Hull And Try To Get It Back To Some Color Too~~ Wish Me Luck! Il Post Pics As I Get It Done!

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 10:22 AM
I Know Its A Bad Photo...but The Teak Deck Was Completely Gray And Mildewed. This Is After One Blast With The Pressure Washer. Im Going To RE-DO THIS AS Well. Ill Take Pics Of It When Im Done Also.

The Color Is Coming Back To The Wood After Pressure Washing! No Gray Mildew Any More And Finishing It Up This Week!!

mikeg205
01-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Heres The Pic Of It Where I Took Seats Out Too....you Can See The 6 Inch Wide Straps Holding The Boat

I am sure the adhesive failed where the deck meets the hull along with the rivets so you're not getting the support from the deck. I suggest that you fix that after the interior...took me a total of 4 hours.....5200 3M marine adhesive and about 200 rivets...The heat gun on rub rail insert makes it easy to remove and install.

my '95 has a brace on the starboard side not the port.

Jerseydave
01-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Ok...heres Pics...with Another Problem!! I Dont Know If You Can See Or Not...my Uncle Has The Boat On A Lift. Its Been Sitting In This Lift For Some Time Now. Its The Kind Of Lift That Has Straps From The Bottom And Holds The Boat In A "sling"

Well The Problem Is...its Sandwiching The Boat Like A Taco And The Windshield In The Walk Through Portion Of The Boat Will Not Fit Between The Driver And Passenger Glass Any More. It OVERLAPS THE DRIVERS SIDE BY 2 INCHES!!. Meaning The Boat Is Getting Squeezed From The Straps Holding It. We Are Changing The Lift To A Lift From The Bottom Where The Boat Site On It Like The Trailer Runners And Hopefully Yhe Boat Will Settle Back. Anyone Ever See This Before?

Thanks Guys!!

Try to lower the boat in the water and then close the windshield....it should be ok. I would not use those straps anymore.....they are putting too much side-pressure on the hull.
Are you going to wet sand it on shore on a trailer? Much easier than trying to do it there while it's hanging.

O2BESOHUGE
01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Im Going To Get The Boat On The Trailer And Do The Hull...putting New Graphics On The Sides And Back Also

O2BESOHUGE
01-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Heres The Finished Deck. I ThINK It Turned Out Nice! The Before Shot Is In The Post Above. The Before Shot Is After I Pressure Washed It. You Should Have Seen The Mold On It Before That!! IT WAS GRAY AND LOOKED TERRIBLE!

Jay

mikeg205
01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Heres The Finished Deck. I ThINK It Turned Out Nice! The Before Shot Is In The Post Above. The Before Shot Is After I Pressure Washed It. You Should Have Seen The Mold On It Before That!! IT WAS GRAY AND LOOKED TERRIBLE!

Jay

Looks great...now I am going to have to do mine....:D:D:D

JRW160
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
That teak looks good. What did you use on it?

O2BESOHUGE
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Well I Got Tired Of Re-doing My Teak Every Year. So I Did This One Different For My Cousin. I Pressure Washed It And Them Sanded It Down And Put Minwax Polyshades On It. Its Polyeurathane And Stain In One Step. Some Frown On That But Hey...we Dont Have To Mess With It Next Year!

JRW160
01-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Well I Got Tired Of Re-doing My Teak Every Year. So I Did This One Different For My Cousin. I Pressure Washed It And Them Sanded It Down And Put Minwax Polyshades On It. Its Polyeurathane And Stain In One Step. Some Frown On That But Hey...we Dont Have To Mess With It Next Year!

Mine had some type of polyurethane on it when I bought my boat. It took me hours to get it off. I used teak oil this past summer, but it didn't last. I'm going to try teak sealer this year.

O2BESOHUGE
01-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Here Is The Deck On The Boat. I Know Its Got To Come Back Off For My Next Project..now To Get It Out Of The Water And Start On All The Oxidized Hull!!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Here Is The Deck On The Boat. I Know Its Got To Come Back Off For My Next Project..now To Get It Out Of The Water And Start On All The Oxidized Hull!!

Looks like you have your work cut out for you buffing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

O2BESOHUGE
01-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Would You Guys Recommend Wet Sanding First? Or Go Straight To Buffing?

O2BESOHUGE
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Ok...found Big Problem This Weekend.

The Problem With Having A "family" Boat That Everyone Has Access To The Keys At The Cabin: NO One Will Confess To Anything WHEN Things Happen!!

I Found This On The Back Corner Of The Boat. No One Knows Anything About It...im Pissed!! BETWEEN THE TIME I TOOK THE SEATS OUT AND RE-DID THE DECK - MY COUSINS APPARENTLY HAD THE BOAT OUT AND WRECKED IT PUTTING IT BACK ON THE LIFT OR SOMETHING!!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-30-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm sure the gel is much more repairable than your blood pressure. Clearly counting to ten isn't near enough to get the job done. Good luck.

GT500 MC
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
FWIW, your teak platform looks really good.

O2BESOHUGE
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
What Do I Do First For That Wrecked Spot? Grind It Out And Re-fiberglass It?

CantRepeat
01-30-2012, 11:54 AM
What Do I Do First For That Wrecked Spot? Grind It Out And Re-fiberglass It?

You take it to someone that does this kind of repair.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-30-2012, 12:02 PM
You take it to someone that does this kind of repair.

I agree with Tim. Unless you are good with glass and really good with gel, going the professional route is the way to go. and since it is the "family", perhaps someone will come clean when they also have to pay for damages.