PDA

View Full Version : In need of some creative rigging opinions

vrsc
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I have a single axle trailer and I am having one fender re-gelcoated. The shop where it is at had to close for a week due to a family emergency and I really want to take the boat out (at least one day this week) since the weather here has gotten better. I need some opinions on how to rig a mock fender for a 30 mile round trip to the lake. I really just want something easy that will protect the boats gelcoat and not blow off during the trip. For anyone who has never seen the trailer's fender frame with out the fiberglass fender on it, there are two metal frames (one in front of the wheel and one behind it, leaving the wheel open). S a simple piece of wood or metal laid across the top of the wheel won't work.
Opinions appreciated.
thank you
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/vrsc/b651c097.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/vrsc/be30cf39.jpg

Jerseydave
01-07-2012, 09:37 PM
ok this is a bit ghetto, but take a plastic garbage can, use just the bottom 10-12 inches of it then take that and cut it in half so you have a half-moon shaped plastic fender with 1/2 of the bottom of the can still on it. Get some large zip-ties to attach it around your trailer frame by drilling 4 holes in the bottom part of the can. You could always bolt it on to your frame if there are some holes already in the frame that you can use without drilling new ones.

Post pics when you're done! :D

thatsmrmastercraft
01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
ok this is a bit ghetto, but take a plastic garbage can, use just the bottom 10-12 inches of it then take that and cut it in half so you have a half-moon shaped plastic fender with 1/2 of the bottom of the can still on it. Get some large zip-ties to attach it around your trailer frame by drilling 4 holes in the bottom part of the can. You could always bolt it on to your frame if there are some holes already in the frame that you can use without drilling new ones.

Post pics when you're done! :D

That should get the job nicely. It would only be truly ghetto if you steal the garbage can.:D

Jerseydave
01-07-2012, 11:11 PM
That should get the job nicely. It would only be truly ghetto if you steal the garbage can.:D

haha....that's priceless!

vrsc
01-08-2012, 12:18 PM
thanks for the idea. I will try and use my rectangle recycle bin instead. Still ghetto and it's a colorful bright yellow :) It'll be in a high of 80 the next 3 days and I so need to get out on the lake. Hopefully this will work

DemolitionMan
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM

Can we get a like button for that?

rjracin240
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM

thanks for the idea. I will try and use my rectangle recycle bin instead. Still ghetto and it's a colorful bright yellow :) It'll be in a high of 80 the next 3 days and I so need to get out on the lake. Hopefully this will work

Now those are truly presidential solutions

Willski
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
We need pictures of the finished product. I mean the temporary product, not the finished fender!!

vrsc
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
turns out my ideas and some other ones didnt work. Everything I tried to use as a mock fender was too small so i guess I'll just take my chances and hope nothing hits my gel coat