PDA

View Full Version : HO Coefficient X -- Feedback Please?

nauti-dreamer
01-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Does anyone on the forum have experience riding a 2010 Coefficient X from HO? Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

I have been riding a 2003 Obrien World Team (entry level) ski for the past 4 years and I'm considering a new ski for this season. Looking to jump into that next level of ability.

I would rate myself as novice/intermediate.

thx

mramerman@gmail.com
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Does anyone on the forum have experience riding a 2010 Coefficient X from HO? Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

I have been riding a 2003 Obrien World Team (entry level) ski for the past 4 years and I'm considering a new ski for this season. Looking to jump into that next level of ability.

I would rate myself as novice/intermediate.

thx

Yes. I am huge fan of this ski. I got a 2010 HO Coefficient X/SL last year with Animal bindings. I absolutely love it. I would consider myself Intermediate / Advance free skier. I would recommend the SL version (it is much lighter). Ski has great range--snappy at 34 but still rides high at 32. Absolutely grips turns. It is quick without feeling like your chasing the ski to stay on top of it.

I would highly recommend it as you transition into intermediate skiing and have confidence it will have great range for you as you progress into advance technique.

Funny story--i had decided that the C-X/SL was my target ski. My wife surprised me early, buying it for my birthday. We were out for our early AM Saturday ski. She had substituted my old ski with the new one in my bag. I was literally on the swim step, pulling the new C-X/SL out of the bag, expecting the bright orange of my old ski. My first reaction (in my head) was, "***, who jacked my ski?" Fortunately, I figured out the situation and was obviously VERY pleased with the big surprise.

Let me know if you pull the trigger!

epnault
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I bought this same ski as well last year. I would consider myself as an intermediate and improving skier but I dont ski courses. I came off a Comp Freeride. It felt like I went from driving a bus to a corvette. This ski is way better than I will probably ever be and that is OK by me. Awesome ski in my opinion.

DeVrieski
01-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I ski on the Syndicate A2 but my brother bought the Coefficient X last summer and I skied it several times. I really like how easy the ski is to ride - hard/low turns are effortless. The spray off the bottom of the ski (from ridges I assume) took a little getting used to but after that I really enjoyed it. I prefer the speed of my A2 but like the ease of the Coefficient X. I am guessing the SL is a bit quicker than just the plan X which might be a good compromise but if you are wanting to move from intermediate to advanced the slower speed of the X might be to your advantage.