PDA

View Full Version : MC owners that are not TT members.

stevo137
08-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I see many MC's on our lake.
You name it, they're out there.
Yesterday I saw that new X45 again called Redneck Yacht.
It seems that there are quite a few MC owners who don't know about this forum.
Has there been any effort by MC and dealers to promote TT?
It would be nice to get to know some of them since I see them on the lake frequently.

Workin' 4 Toys
08-08-2005, 05:58 PM
I did not even know about it when buying mine, my friends did not know about it from their dealers either. So I guess not. I found it while searching on the MC website.

dmac
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I found the site the same way, dealer never said a thing. Although I do not do my own maintenance/repairs, etc., I have learned a lot about these fine machines from reading posts by those who do. I have also seen a lot more MCs on my lake this summer. We always wave.

Ric
08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
didnt we get something about the tmcowners site with our free team stuff when we bought a boat?
maybe those guys didnt fill out the card or mayyyyyyybe they too, are cooler than us and have no time for our chatboard shenanigans?

stevo137
08-08-2005, 06:03 PM
I did not even know about it when buying mine, my friends did not know about it from their dealers either. So I guess not. I found it while searching on the MC website.
It sounds like perhaps a promotional campaign is in order...

dmac
08-08-2005, 06:05 PM
didnt we get something about the tmcowners site with our free team stuff when we bought a boat?
maybe those guys didnt fill out the card or mayyyyyyybe they too, are cooler than us and have no time for our chatboard shenanigans?
Would have been nice to get free team stuff when I bought the boat.

stevo137
08-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Would have been nice to get free team stuff when I bought the boat.
You know D, those small things can go a long way...
What exactly do you get with a new one besides the boat and trailer?

bigmac
08-08-2005, 06:10 PM

Cool..you guys got a bunch of free TeamTalk stuff when you bought your boats? I got a complimentary bottle of Boot Butter, a couple of bumpers and a warm handshake from the dealer, but not a single MasterCraft T-shirt or hat :( . Oh..I did get a nice "MasterCraft" logo vinyl sticker to put on something, but it was all crumpled up and not useable.

I never heard a word about TeamTalk...found it on a google search.

Ric
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
You know D, those small things can go a long way...
What exactly do you get with a new one besides the boat and trailer?
ok ok, I misspoke.... but when you fill out the survey after the sale, then you get some stuff

Workin' 4 Toys
08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Cool..you guys got a bunch of free TeamTalk stuff when you bought your boats? I got a complimentary bottle of Boot Butter, a couple of bumpers and a warm handshake from the dealer, but not a single MasterCraft T-shirt or hat :( . Oh..I did get a nice "MasterCraft" logo vinyl sticker to put on something, but it was all crumpled up and not useable.

I got nuttin' and the same vinyl sticker you speak of, cost me $25.00 and I think they made it themselves!!

stevo137
08-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Interesting...

Ric
08-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Interesting...

:purplaugh

jmyers
08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Right before you sign your life away, you ask for everything you want after the price is done and they think you are on your way because they don't want to haggle too much at that point(wear em' out theory) worked for me! NICELY THOUGH!! :D :rant: :D :rant: DONE!

mcprostar197
08-08-2005, 07:12 PM
The only thing we got when we bought the boat was the MC decal and an MC binder to keep important boat stuff in. I filled out the survey after we bought it and I havent recieved anything regarding being a Team MasterCraft member.

Ryan
08-08-2005, 07:15 PM
This ran in May 2004 in the Marketplace seciton of WaterSki Magazine.

jmyers
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
This ran in May 2004 in the Marketplace seciton of WaterSki Magazine.
Just click on the Team MC box on the main screen, it will ask for your boat model and hull Id #. Then pick out some free stuff, pay your $35 and they send it to you with your card in the mail. That's how I found out about it! (sometimes you have to research a bit!) Very easy to do!! :dance: :banana:

maristarman
08-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I know the year we bought ours we got a box from Team Mastercraft in the mail with a couple of free t-shirts, keyring floatie, and a couple of stickers. Then the second year we got another box from them with more free stuff. I called them to find out and it turned out the dealer paid for a 2 year membership. We paid for the third year, the cost was worth the freebies we got at the reunion. But then the reunions just sort of went away, so we didn't renew.

I read about the bulletin board in the TeamMastercraft magazine.

bucky
08-08-2005, 09:45 PM
I think I found it while I was drooling on the Mastercraft website (boatless) for the 237th time. I'd hit every other button, why not this one... and away went all free time.;)

erkoehler
08-09-2005, 01:43 AM
It would be nice to get to know some of them since I see them on the lake frequently.

Somebody should make up a tmcowners.com decal or logo! I would be in for buying one of those for my boat or truck.

Leroy
08-09-2005, 03:18 AM
Stevo; I'm the same, must be 40-50 MasterCrafts on Lake Morse and don't know of any on here. They must be in the population that hasn't had anything happen to their boat yet! :D

east tx skier
08-09-2005, 11:19 AM
I found this board, which was one long thread at the time the night I faxed my financials to the dealership after looking at what would days later be my boat earlier that afternoon. I had googled "trailering with boat buddy." I remember seeing Andre, JimN and BriEOD (and others ---not to leave anyone out) at about that time 02/08/2003. The only thing I got for free from the dealer was a rope and handle that I got them to throw in.

tones03
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Somebody should make up a tmcowners.com decal or logo! I would be in for buying one of those for my boat or truck.
I know alot of corvette owners use digitalcorvettes.com and most of them have decals on their vettes. decals is a neat idea

stevo137
09-11-2005, 11:05 AM
This is a nice family that I met on the lake.
We both commented on each others boat and chatted for a bit.
I told them about TT.
It would be nice to have something with the TT website on it to have as a givaway for fellow MC owners that I meet.

bigmac
09-11-2005, 11:38 AM

My dealer knows nothing about Team Talk. Given the fact that this forum has 3500+ members and I've only seen three dealers post here (Redline, Jim@baws, MYMC), it wouldn't be unreasonable to conclude that most dealers either don't know much about it or don't view it as a valuable resource for their customers, or both.

OTOH, you could certainly argue that, with 3500+ members, this is an extremely successful online discussion forum. Obviously, it's being found somehow.