PDA

View Full Version : This will make you want to buy a 'Bu

CruisinGA
01-04-2012, 09:34 AM
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1zIyDlEdkM5NF-uVvO8cRbIyPIWSJG8RS_uAp4cjdYYo

Saw this link in a google ad. This guy is taking his smear campaign to the next level.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-04-2012, 09:49 AM
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1zIyDlEdkM5NF-uVvO8cRbIyPIWSJG8RS_uAp4cjdYYo

Saw this link in a google ad. This guy is taking his smear campaign to the next level.

Geeezzz.........could someone read that and give a two paragraph report.:rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
01-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Yikes!!!!!!!

BrooksfamX2
01-04-2012, 10:17 AM
My friend has a 'Bu and it's been a great boat for him. There are lemons in any brand and dealers that suck no matter what they sell........

lettmeknow
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Obviously that boat had( doubt he still has it) alot problems. But some of those issues that caused him to miss time on the water he could have easily fixed himself.

2RLAKE
01-04-2012, 02:15 PM
i love the customer service guy saying the boat should be able to start with the throttle in any position .... some serious issues there if this is all true

snork
01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Shoulda, coulda, bet he woulda bought a Mastercraft

GT500 MC
01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
That is brutal, I couldn't make it through to the end. So bad it almost seems made up.

That boat must have been made on a Friday....

-V-
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
or rolled out the door on the 13th, friday of course.......................

mikeg205
01-04-2012, 09:47 PM
makes me love my '95 that much more... :D

fskof
01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Wow, I feel bad for the guy

MIskier
01-04-2012, 11:03 PM
The guy sounds like an enormous jack wagon! The boat was very obviously owned by both and ignorant and negligent person, that also had a dealer that was fed up with his constant problems that his own ignorance had caused, but did not want to own up. The only way that both platform pins fail at the same time is from very large slamming loads. The throttle should not have required anything other that a replacement if the switch was bad, and that particular throttle has a single plug and play wire.

CruisinGA
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll allow that this dude doesn't really have much business owning a boat other than a pontoon, but I sure would expect better performance from my dealer AND Malibu HQ after buying a BRAND NEW boat.

bturner2
01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
What a whinnie *****. All boats have problems and I'll bet he caused or contributed to at least half of them. I'm also willing to bet that he has the same problems with his car, house, bicycle, wife, dog, TV, stereo, and the list probably goes on with every purchase he makes.

I have a friend with a 09 VTX and yes he's had problems, who hasn't with their boat. That's the nature of boating. There are some people that shouldn't have a boat and this guy's picture should be posted in every marina and boat dealer as one. I've had several neighbors and friends that after a couple afternoons on my boat decided to buy one for themselves only to have a terrible time operating and maintaining them. Most sold within a season or two then began bashing the boat and sport because of their inability to handle the hobby.

While some of his issues do indeed sound critical too many sound self inflicted and a lot of the time he missed was due to his own decisions to pull the boat for his own self deprecating reasons. Some people just aren't happy unless they have a conflict to deal with.

He also mentions that he had the boat taken back to plant to be worked on. I can just imagine the nagging and complaining to the dealer that was required to accomplish this. I 'm sure the dealer would love to buy the boat back to get rid of this guy.

I'm actually really glad he didn't buy a MasterCraft. If he did we'd all be subjected to his carping on this forum. Believe me any boat this guy buys will be a lemon.

Of course these are just my thoughts and I could be completely wrong.....

GT500 MC
01-06-2012, 10:43 AM
What a whinnie *****. All boats have problems and I'll bet he caused or contributed to at least half of them. I'm also willing to bet that he has the same problems with his car, house, bicycle, wife, dog, TV, stereo, and the list probably goes on with every purchase he makes.

The wife and dog analogy threw me....maybe they're just not performing properly? Not running right? Maybe he should just send them back, return them for an upgrade? ;)

bturner2
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Sorry, got caught up in the rant. But I bet he's not happy with them either. Been a long week of not drinking after the holidays. Glad Friday finally made it here!

Interesting side bar.... Had a guy offer me a free registered Germain Shepard puppy. Turned out a guy bought one from him just before Christmas and after two weeks decided he didn't like it anymore and took it back. Didn't even want his money back which was considerable. Then we always have Kimmie K who returned her short term hubby after the media money disappeared. Strange world.

GT500 MC
01-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Sorry, got caught up in the rant. But I bet he's not happy with them either. Been a long week of not drinking after the holidays. Glad Friday finally made it here!

Well-said, on both counts.

curtish
01-15-2012, 09:24 PM
Can't wait to hear what 2012 will bring for this poor sap.