PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Water Mat? What do you think?

h2oskiluvr
12-30-2011, 09:28 PM
I am looking at purchasing a Water Mat. There is an Overton's 20% off coupon that puts the price at $739 (w/shipping). That is $60 less than purchasing right from the manufacturer directly. At any rate, has anyone had experience with this item? Fun for the kids?

ahhudgins
12-31-2011, 09:31 AM
We have several smaller mats (5X4) and (6X4) that we got from a rubber company that shut down several years ago. When we have a lot of kids at the dock we can throw those in the water and they will play on them for hours. Makes for a quiet ride home :D.

Looking at the price from Overton's, I'm glad I only paid $10 for mine!

ahhudgins
12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Just ignore, was trying to add a picture :(

gotta_ski
01-06-2012, 05:51 AM
My parents bought one last summer. Its pretty cool. We don't have a beach really at our place, so we keep it tied to the dock for the kids to play on. When we take the pontoon out we sometimes roll it up and put it on the front to take it with us. The kids love playing on it, and so do the bigger kids (me, my dad, etc.) I was surprised at the cost though. Wow.

Also, my dog will get down on it. When we take the pontoon out its difficult for him to get back on board. The watermat makes it easy.

Ours is the plus model, which is thicker and maybe a foot or two longer. I'll look around and see if I have any pics.

BWB-745-
01-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I think they are pretty cool, but man was I blown away by the price.

ahhudgins
01-09-2012, 09:46 PM
My parents bought one last summer. Its pretty cool. We don't have a beach really at our place, so we keep it tied to the dock for the kids to play on. When we take the pontoon out we sometimes roll it up and put it on the front to take it with us. The kids love playing on it, and so do the bigger kids (me, my dad, etc.) I was surprised at the cost though. Wow.

Also, my dog will get down on it. When we take the pontoon out its difficult for him to get back on board. The watermat makes it easy.

Ours is the plus model, which is thicker and maybe a foot or two longer. I'll look around and see if I have any pics.

"Brody" isn't a fan of the water yet, but he will get on a mat. I couldn't find a pic of the kids when they had 4 of them lined up together and they would run off the dock onto them. I know the kids will like the long one from Overtons, but $700+ is too rich for my blood.

ahhudgins
01-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Brody........................
I'm the bald one. :D

Iskidaily
01-09-2012, 09:50 PM
cool idea - yikes on the price