PDA

View Full Version : What are the kids getting for Christmas?

medicmoose
12-23-2011, 05:05 PM
While I personally do not believe that the consumerism is the reason for Christmas, I have to admit that we tend to spoil are one, and only, 9 year-old child.

This year he is getting a gas-powered radio controlled truck. It's one of those 1/8th scale trucks with huge suspension, etc, etc. It is way overkill for what he really needs so perhaps it is really a toy for dad. I figure that being out in rural area with lots of land...he have lots of room to bomb around with it.

Merry Christmas!

03geetee
12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
We only have our 2 year old baby girl Bridget and she will be getting lots of books, blackhawks PJs, and the dollhouse she said she wanted.

This year will be special because not only is she old enough to understand it, I wont be missing it due to snowplowing which is fantastic. Thats the only gift I wanted.

JTR

1redTA
12-23-2011, 05:19 PM
www.itscoaltime.com

too many reason to list, and oh yeah bah humbug

Double D
12-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Beats headphones! What a waste of money.... IMO

psychobilly
12-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Got my 8 month old his first rifle! .22 Cricket :-)

2RLAKE
12-23-2011, 05:55 PM
barefoot suits!

Cloaked
12-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Salvation ..........

Jorski
12-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Boy...Bauer Vapor APX hockey stick/ Ovechkin Jersey

Girl...Canada Goose Jacket

Me...just the bills...;)

tex
12-26-2011, 12:47 PM
12 year old scotch.

CruisinGA
12-26-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm still a kid....

mikeg205
12-26-2011, 04:50 PM
maya riviera... 7 nights 8 days...they are 19 and 17 tho'

BrooksfamX2
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Im the kid in the house and I got this.......
..... a bleeding zombie target for Christmas from the son-in-laws. Cant wait to go kill it.......

http://zombieindustries.com/shop/chris-zombie/

This site has all sorts of zombie target stuff!

Double D
12-26-2011, 08:11 PM
maya riviera... 7 nights 8 days...they are 19 and 17 tho'

Spent that same amount of time in Riviera Maya over Thanksgiving with the wife and kids (16 & 13). Great time, great weather. What resort are you staying at?

medicmoose
12-26-2011, 08:31 PM
..... a bleeding zombie target for Christmas from the son-in-laws. Cant wait to go kill it.......

Wow, I guess that can answer the question, "what do you get for that person who has everything?"

mikeg205
12-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Spent that same amount of time in Riviera Maya over Thanksgiving with the wife and kids (16 & 13). Great time, great weather. What resort are you staying at?

Aventura Cove Palace...we belong to their vacation club...we were at the Cancun Palace over spring break 2011.

Double D
12-27-2011, 08:26 AM
Aventura Cove Palace...we belong to their vacation club...we were at the Cancun Palace over spring break 2011.

Well, the fact that I have not heard of those is not surprising since there are a lot of resorts to choose from down there. We stayed at the Gran Bahia Principe down towards Tulum. Very nice! Have fun!!

76S&S
12-27-2011, 12:03 PM
My twins turn 16 in two weeks so we surprised them with vehicles.............although they now owe us some money. The deal was we would help them with the purchase, the bulk of the $'s come from them but they couldn't have gotten what they wanted without our help.

Our third boy (4.5 yrs old) also got a vehicle...........a battery powered Ford Raptor.

I got a drysuit and the wife got a new wakeboard.

mtajpa
12-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Drysuit for me and my kids. Son tried it out in 40 degree pool water. Cold but it was a dry cold.:D
750 Fat Sac and 300 tube sac.
MC hoodies. Red of course.

GoneBoatN
12-27-2011, 09:21 PM
My son got scuba diving gear. My daughter got a new mountain bike. They also get lots of other small items. Me, a new pair of Oakley goggles for skiing/snowboarding - they are so sweet. My present to the wife came a little early as I took the kids to the mountains for a few days before Christmas and she had some solitude for a change - she really liked that. Not sure what she did with the time - I went with the don't ask; don't tell policy.

swatguy
12-27-2011, 10:43 PM

Those are absolutely awesome. Can't wait to bring one into our next training day. Got 2 on order.........

Daughters 7 and 5. More American girl stuff than I have room for. The first thing they both asked Santa for was a doll for Mommy so she could play too. Santa got mommy her look alike doll and the look on both girls' faces was priceless. They each also got Burton snowboard packages. The older one got new hockey skates and the younger got her first one piece composite stick. Dad got the best gift of all. Got to be at every family party for the first time in 11 yrs even if it was in a sling. And that will be the last I am sure for another 11 :-)