PDA

View Full Version : Shred stixx users here ?

Fab
12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
So i'm wondering about my future surfboard, a lot of people told me to stay away from the wakeboard caompanies that make surf board like the coex etc...

Problem is, i live in France so it's almost impossible to find stuff like IS, walker project, soulcraft etc...So i'm looking forward to Shredstixx (Tresher model) or maybe Phase 5 but can't really see the differences between these boards except the board shape...

I'm not a pro wakesurfer but i still want something where i could get some big air with a little more skill !

Any clue ?

V-man
12-24-2011, 03:40 AM
Yes, one is a surf style board (Shred stixx)...The other a skim style (Phase 5). Skim style boards are designed for doing more surface rotation type tricks. (360's, shuvs, etc). If you are looking for a board to progress to "big airs" the SS would be a good choice.

Fab
12-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Thx for the tips, but does that mean it will be very hard to do what you call surface tricks if i choose a SS ?? at the end we'r aiming for "big air" but we still don't have the skill of Chase Hazen ;)

For now i only surfed on boards like the coex ou the koal (which i find too long), so it's hard to make an opinion...

V-man
12-24-2011, 04:37 PM
It's much harder to perform surface tricks on a surf style board because of the fins, but they can be done, aka, Chase Hazen. And yes, your board needs to "fit" you. I am 6ft tall, weigh 170 lbs, and ride a custom made 4'-7" surf style board. You can find some helpful info on Wake9.com. Good luck and keep surfing.