PDA

View Full Version : Ford F150 Mirror Destroyed

Slinkyredfoot
12-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I screwed up big time, backed out of my garage this weekend and totally destroyed my driver side mirror on the truck, and was not even drinking, long story.

Anyway, dealer wants over $700 for one, no way, got online and just wish there was someone who knows what they are talking about and I could understand. I need a 16 pin connector from wiring harness and nobody knows what the heck I am talking about.

Any good ideas where to go, tried carparts.com and many others?

Has anyone tried driving without a driver side outside mirror? It is a bear. By the way, I got the removal of the drivers door panel down to fine art. I need help in more than one way.

Thanks

-V-
12-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Have you called any junk yards and salvage places?

Slinkyredfoot
12-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Yes I have, the 3 big ones in Indy to no avail. Cannot believe how may F150s are on the road and couldn't find a mirror from what I am told.

-V-
12-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Ebay, autoanything.com, google shopping, and have you tried the ford forum? I know that there is a tundra forum, so I would imagine that there is a ford forum too.

Jerseydave
12-19-2011, 09:04 PM
What's your ins deductible? Claim?

Cloaked
12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I screwed up big time, backed out of my garage this weekend and totally destroyed my driver side mirror on the truck, and was not even drinking, long story.

Anyway, dealer wants over $700 for one, no way, got online and just wish there was someone who knows what they are talking about and I could understand. I need a 16 pin connector from wiring harness and nobody knows what the heck I am talking about.

Any good ideas where to go, tried carparts.com and many others?

Has anyone tried driving without a driver side outside mirror? It is a bear. By the way, I got the removal of the drivers door panel down to fine art. I need help in more than one way.

ThanksFord F-150 forum will find you one. http://www.f150forum.com/ My brother is a Ford guy and he uses that place for everything. He's a gear head and acquires parts from those guys more times than not.

ahhudgins
12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
I just finished putting my 05 Stratus back together after my son hit a deer. There is a company here in VA called Hyland Auto Parts that sells after market parts but I'm not sure if they ship parts or not. I got a hood, bumper cover, and fender for under $500 primed. Local body shop painted my parts and everything fit like a glove. I wasted $35 on a headlight from the junk yard and the lens adjuster is messed up. A new one from Hyland is $50.
Give them a call and see if they sell mirrors and if they ship. 434-316-9978 (800-532-1688)

toolz
12-19-2011, 09:27 PM
My son has bought (and sold) several sets of Ford mirrors for his trucks on Ebay. Never had a problem finding what he needed.

Slinkyredfoot
12-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks to all here, part number I need is 8L3Z-17683-HA, googled this number and all finally talked to an intelligent rep who I could understand and has it all sorted for me. Couple of days delivery.

Cost around $150. :D

Sullivan
12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Just an FYI, I had the same thing happen only a county truck took out my mirror. I tried ordering just one as a SPARE and it was an astronomical price. I then priced it out as a pair and it was 50% of the cost of just one SPARE.

russlars
12-19-2011, 11:06 PM
My son destroyed my mirror in my F-150. I had the auto body shop paint and install an aftermarket mirror because it was about 1/3 the cost. I definitely got what I paid for. The mirror vibrated all of the time. He warned me when I opted for the aftermarket one but I didn't listen. So be careful with aftermarket parts.

Willski
12-19-2011, 11:53 PM
I did the same to my 08 chevy. I ended up having it fixed at an autobody shop. I'm remembering about 650 with parts and labor. Had to be painted too.

ProStar190Fan
12-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Just an FYI to the GM guys, I have had awsome luck and service from 1aauto.com, they also stock for other makes as well.

boxman3
12-20-2011, 08:57 AM
1aauto.com is the best - due to bad luck I have bought three replacements. The good luck is they were all 'black" finish, so no paint shop!

oldairboater
12-20-2011, 12:38 PM
LMC sells truck replacement parts at a reasonable price. I keep a catalog which is free for most of the things I need on my Ford trucks. I enjoy the online shopping. I use it to help price auto parts stores. I replaced drag link, all the steering knuckles on my Jeep yj a couple of months ago. Auto parts store wanted twice the price as an online company for the same parts. They also were going to have to order them. What impressed me the most was the online company parts were almost all made in the USA. Delivered to my front door----cheaper.

mrprostar
12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't know your year or model, but partstrain.com is the best I have found. I did the same thing to my trailblazer and got the replacement from parts train. It took about twenty minutes to put on and fit perfectly.

http://www.partstrain.com/store/?N=0&src=search&Ntt=mirror

thatsmrmastercraft
12-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Rock Auto Parts has some pretty good pricing.

http://www.rockauto.com/